• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Pikachu Metagame Discussion

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Greninja's combo game is worse and in general Pika's hitboxes are better and we can also edgeguard greninja fairly well. 6-4 isn't that bad tho

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure you know how I act LMAO if you don't want help I don't have to give it to y'all, and considering the state of these boards I"m SURE you would prefer me help.
Nice job proving my point that you act like a jerk. You're goin' far, kid!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
*sees join date*

Oh ok that makes sense. No respect for elders and the only relevant Pika. That's fine tho~ I'll still help everyone else and hopefully you just ignore my advice!

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure you know how I act LMAO if you don't want help I don't have to give it to y'all, and considering the state of these boards I"m SURE you would prefer me help.
Nice job proving my point that you act like a jerk. You're goin' far, kid!

why did this post again.....

Last edited:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So ANYWAY

What other MUs do you want me to write about? I would prefer NOT to do villager because even thinking about that MU makes me upset and annoyed LOL. Any top tiers?

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
*sees join date*

Oh ok that makes sense. No respect for elders and the only relevant Pika. That's fine tho~ I'll still help everyone else and hopefully you just ignore my advice!
You come in an act like a jerk and a know it all who can't be wrong. It doesn't matter when you joined or when I did, everyone should ignore you because of your attitude.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
*sees join date*

Okay. At this point, I've had enough. What's up with you, Esam? You were so much nicer on Reddit!
I respect you a lot. You are a GREAT Pikachu player, definitely the very best like no one ever was. But seriously, you're asking for respect when you're clearly not respecting a fellow Pika player. Your input is great and I really appreciate your help, but this is not right.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I care so little about you guys giving me respect, I've earned that with years and years of being the best Pikachu LMAO. I"m just trying to help y'all considering I have more experience than pretty much everyone posting in this thread (That's not insulting, that's just fact). I wasn't even being mean in the first place lmao i just said an opposing opinion and he got mad at me for it.

But that's cool, because I'm trying to help right now.

So before I actually leave and NOT come back, again, what character do you want me to write about?

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
I care so little about you guys giving me respect, I've earned that with years and years of being the best Pikachu LMAO. I"m just trying to help y'all considering I have more experience than pretty much everyone posting in this thread (That's not insulting, that's just fact). I wasn't even being mean in the first place lmao i just said an opposing opinion and he got mad at me for it.

So before I actually leave and NOT come back, again, what character do you want me to write about?
Rather see you leave and never come back. You're just a stick in the mud who doesn't like to see other viewpoints. An awful person to have talking about MUs with.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
......I didn't...what. How is having an opposing opinion equivalent to seeing other viewpoints? I am literally doing the same thing you are doing but with actual reasons and exp behind it instead of theorycraft...??

?????????????

Am I the only one seeing this?!? PRIME HELP ME

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101

Pikachu's game doesn't/shouldn't revolve around his projectiles, they are mostly for space control more than an overall game plan. Most people that have been experimenting with m2 do not enjoy playing rushdown characters, THEY have said that. Also Pika kinda combos M2 for free because of his size, his weight, and his floatiness.
I agree with you that mewtwo absolutely gets rekt by pikachu... I played the matchup versus someone's day 1 pikachu and it felt terrible..... I couldn't land, I couldn't do anything to keep pikachu out of my face, he is small, so I can't even hit him.

Seriously though... don't leave ESAM... I really could use advice on things.... I really appreciate what you have already done today alone, thank you

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
......I didn't...what. How is having an opposing opinion equivalent to seeing other viewpoints? I am literally doing the same thing you are doing but with actual reasons and exp behind it instead of theorycraft...??

?????????????

Am I the only one seeing this?!? PRIME HELP ME
I don't know about that other stuff. I guess it's cuz you're not really willing to discuss the matchups.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If M2's nair was more disjointed/fair had less lag it would be different, but once he's up he kinda has to up-b away but Pika is fast enough to punish it for the most part anyway

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'VE ANSWERED EVERYTHING PEOPLE HAVE ASKED INCLUDING HIM

I don't get it. I made an overarching statement, but then explained it in a later post...and he's mad that I'm not discussing MUs...when I'm...the only one discussing...

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I'VE ANSWERED EVERYTHING PEOPLE HAVE ASKED INCLUDING HIM

I don't get it. I made an overarching statement, but then explained it in a later post...and he's mad that I'm not discussing MUs...when I'm...the only one discussing...
Maybe she* doesn't like the fact that you used "LMAO" a lot.

migul

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0447-6664-6504
ESAM has a very good point. Every person I have heard opinions from says Mewtwo can't deal with rushdown characters. They have also stated Pikachu is one of the best in this category. This isn't just his opinion, it's pretty much the opinion of everyone I talk to. He's just spitting the opinion out again.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
ESAM has a very good point. Every person I have heard opinions from says Mewtwo can't deal with rushdown characters. They have also stated Pikachu is one of the best in this category. This isn't just his opinion, it's pretty much the opinion of everyone I talk to. He's just spitting the opinion out again.
Yeah, I have that same opinion.
It really is just your style of writing, Esam. I guess nobody can believe that you can laugh your ass off so many times. :p

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ahh, she, my b. Didn't know that

Mario and Pika are actually very VERY similar characters. Both get a lot of mileage from juggling and get a lot of mileage off of stringing random aerials off of an errant hit. I actually ran like 50 or so matches against Doom's mario. I think Pika wins slightly because stuff i mentioned above, but also because Mario's landings are typically very...linear so pika can punish with Pivot F-smashes or HSB (With customs). ALso we can still get a lot of edgeguards because if mario ever uses his jump and we hit him out of it, he's dead. Dead as hell.

Too late for me to do the more detailed analysis like before, will maybe do more tomorrow.

Also I blame my GF for me saying LMAO, that's totally her mannerism that passed onto me

Last edited:

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Greninja's combo game is worse and in general Pika's hitboxes are better and we can also edgeguard greninja fairly well. 6-4 isn't that bad tho
Oh ok, I wasn't used to people using "#-#" Im used to "##-##" so I assumed 6-4 was short for 60-40, haha, my b. But thanks!

And I can agree that Mewtwo has a hard time against rush down characters, Greninja seems to open him up as well, and Pika being the best rush down char it's back to the cave for mewtwo

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
6-4 is 60-40, but that's not really that bad IMO. I consider 65:35 the beginning of "Bad MU" as opposed to "Slight disadvantage"

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
Hmm, interesting. Sorry I just recently started to pay attention to match ups by the numbers and kinda told myself what everything meant, and I figured I would look around for secondaries to cover match ups I don't like/bad ones, and thought Pikachu would be fun.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I can confirm that ESAM has actually laughed to the point that he has no ass.

:shyguy:

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I've been labbing M2 HARD and yeah, his frame/moveset just lend to a weakness to people who can close spaces easily. Pikachu, with his super small frame, fast dash/run, and QA, probably bodies M2.

Sorry to say that you're wrong Moth, but.. you're probably wrong. ;_;

Thor

Smash Champion
ESAM I've read most of the last page and this page and what I'm taking is I need to dtilt more.

Can you sum up how to play Pikachu in a nutshell? I sorta mained him in Brawl but I never got to enter many tournaments so it was really Pika/Falco combo, and in Smash 4 I've mostly played Sheik since I don't usually have the console and needles are stupid [I've timed out Villagers with those things.]

If you can't I get it [I recall you saying because Pikachu has somewhat limited range, his MUs have high variance], but if you can I'd love to read it and maybe get back to playing Pikachu [since I did when 3DS was a thing, but I loved Sheik and Pikachu on a Gamecube Controller and got better results with Sheik, hence my switch.]

EDIT: Also even if you can't sum it up, if you can sum up Pikachu's answers to shield that'd be great. I seem to run into shields too much with aerials... should I stay grounded more to pressure with grab/dtilt and then if I'm airborne crossup/tomahawk grab or DJ away tjolt or what? And what do you do off grabs [since you mention how awesome they are]? Or is there a guide here someone can link me to so I can do some reading [again, no system, can't test stuff : ( ]

Last edited:

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
I've been labbing M2 HARD and yeah, his frame/moveset just lend to a weakness to people who can close spaces easily. Pikachu, with his super small frame, fast dash/run, and QA, probably bodies M2.

Sorry to say that you're wrong Moth, but.. you're probably wrong. ;_;
Would you say that his opinion is.... false? :joyful:
;)

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

Olimar plz. Character reks my life right now.

Last edited:

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
Oh my god. Okay, I'm sorry about last night. It was around midnight and I was in a bad mood. I didn't like how Esam stated his feelings about the mewtwo matchup and it just got me angry. Sorry about all that. I barely used Mewtwo and after trying him out with and against Pikachu he does seem like he's not much of a threat.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
very surprising you did not give any credit to esam for all his achievements in brawl and smash 4. he is still recognized as the best UNCONTESTED pikachu player in brawl and smash4.

the apology though was on point kudos for doing that.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BENNY DONT START ****

Thanks for the apology. I did get mean after ur initial blow-up, but typically people dont resist my advice since...im ESAM lol

Ill do Olimar when i get home so i dont gotta do it on mobile

Soul.

since when is this thread active lol. im confused
to the previous page I go! and... read.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You state everything like a fact. Try not doing that, you look like a *******.
He's right tho
Rushdown characters rip Mewtwo a new one. Both this spyro guy and Radio are being silly

That aside, I wanna know what Yoshi mains are you playing in Florida ESAM to feel it's a 50:50 MU?
Sky from that invitational possibly?
I got nothing else.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
since when is this thread active lol. im confused
to the previous page I go! and... read.
Any topic that ESAM pops in randomly on tends to become active since people want to ask him questions or meatride or insult him.

Last edited:

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
BENNY DONT START ****

Thanks for the apology. I did get mean after ur initial blow-up, but typically people dont resist my advice since...im ESAM lol

Ill do Olimar when i get home so i dont gotta do it on mobile
Yeah, sorry about it. Hopefully we can get along better after this.

Top Bottom