• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika vids (2 new vids, help vs Luigi)!!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Have some of the stuff I specified in my "Utilizing fair in combos" thread in these vids. My Pikachu is ever looking to improve, so please post some constructive criticism. I'm not the smartest player yet, but I'm pritty technical. Anything that comes to mind is appreciated.

2 more vids added. Couple months old but the newest I have. Any help vs Luigi would be appreciated. I won in the vid but I probably shouldn't have.

SM (Pika) vs D21 (Fox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7unZ4l0g6c

SM (Pika) vs D21 (Gannon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S4ZSfBlMIU

SM (Pika) vs D21 (Sheik)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LwgvcSdzOQ

SheerMadness (Pika) vs Mankosuki (Luigi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apPISxzEEPY

SheerMadness (Pika) vs Mankosuki (Ness)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6M4OPZ55R8

I have more, and I'm working on them now.

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
i know pika's neutral B isn't the best, but it can be useful for an approach. I'm not saying spam it, but you could throw it in there from time to time. SHFFL'd nairs are good against ganon's too because they come out so quick, i'd use more of them. Work on the tail spiking, it's a Godsend to pika

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
I like it... Makes me wanna fair more.

Dunno if I have a right to criticize, but Id say you could use more jolts, and that your opponent caught up with your fair combos rather quickly

SatanX

Smash Apprentice
very nice pika and i agree wit tha others to put some jolts out from time to time

soap

Smash Hero
those are some pretty cool combos, reminds me of samus fairs, there are so many possibilities, but whenever possible id rather nair shffl them across the screen because it does actual damage

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
You did well to KO the ganon, but you're running into attacks and forced combos unneccesarily. Also, you let ganon onto the edge far too easily. Ganon has a so-so recovery, and pikachu loves to play ganons and falcons. You can easily pull off a two to three stock by simply playing that match smarter.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
cool stuff sheer...i dont kno if u kno dat i play pika ( i know <3 does..lol)...but we play pretty similar imo...i love pikas fair...its so good imo...and it has wonderful priority..i would say keep using the fair...also...nice use of the uair...idk really jolts dat much either...so i wouldnt really recommend it..although u should use it...especially when ur opponent is off of the stage...we so have to pika ditto next saturday....peace

-hiroshi

sweetooth

Smash Ace
i agree with the other about forcing combos. and as they said, a little more jolts will do you good. just don't try to over-do it. I can testify from personal experiences.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
You have some decent pika styles. Makes me want to try melee pikachu, despite him being mid-tier.

That fox player ----SUCKED--------- though. Shiek too, I'm a shiek main and I can see that shiek player lacks precision wtf was he doing downsmashing for no good reason while you were safely on a platform? No needles, no mindgames, no downthrow combes.. kindda sad.

N64

Smash Champion
bair to uair reverse spike? wtf? heh, nice stuff.

The sheik did screw up a fair amount (like 7 missed needle cancels, some dumb mistakes, etc.), but I could still see your pika skill regardless. I think you rely on fair a little too much, and it could start causing you troubles if your opponents start CCing or shieldgrabbing it and then punishing you for it. Also I didn't see any ledgehogs. Pika does have some pretty good edgeguarding tools at his disposal, but I saw you go for a couple fair/ftilts over the edge in an attempt to edgeguard (not all of which succeeded) when you easily had time to just ledgehog the opponent.

Otherwise it looks like you have a pretty good grasp on pika's moveset, and there were some nice combos in there.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
I like your Pika's playing style.
Although aside from the Ganon I think your opponents could have been better.
Fun to watch nevertheless.

I'm picking up Pikachu again after a long hiatus, I think I'll try incorporating some of that fair stuff if you don't mind =P

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
keep up the work sheer...i wanna have some more pika dittos...and i am gonna try and get some of my pika vids up...we have a freakin nice high quality camera that vericz borther has...it's worth like 400 bux...all vericz needs to do is buy a $40 cable we need for the camera and his bro will give him the camera...a $400 camera for 40 bux...and vericz is being hesitant WTF!?!?!?....when we get that camera we will have some good vids...as far now...any vids we record are gonna be of the same quality of our past vids....peace

-hiroshi

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Nice Pika! I loved the bair to reverse tail spike, lol.

What the hell is wrong with the Fox though? It's Double shines are like, 10 years apart.

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Try this instead of standing at the edge waiting to edgehog: Jump out there with a dair. dair kills off the ledge. Beats waiting around for their recovery.

Top Bottom