• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pictochat needs to be legalized for our ruleset to have consistency.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Arcansi, Two words: Wario Ware
I'd recommend you to re-structurate your criteria.
While possible to prepare for, it is not possible to react to the rewards given, espicially as planking is not able to be done and stuff.

This alongside the fact that the criteria does include that the effect of the randomness is unavoidable. Both doing the minigame and the result are unavoidable.

T-block

B2B TST
i think people underestimate the effect of randomness in aspects that give warning

or they overestimate how much it matters that you get warning

or something

a match on ps2 that ends in 3 minutes that sees Flying, Ice transformations might favour one character much more than a configuration that sees Electric, Ground. the fact that you get warning doesn't really change that =\

Arcansi

Smash Champion
i think people underestimate the effect of randomness in aspects that give warning

or they overestimate how much it matters that you get warning

or something

a match on ps2 that ends in 3 minutes that sees Flying, Ice transformations might favour one character much more than a configuration that sees Electric, Ground. the fact that you get warning doesn't really change that =\
Nah, I don't think I do. Hence why Frigate wasn't on the list.

While this is true, how many characters can be expected to not be able to effectively stall away the randomness?

None, in any ruleset with a universal LGL.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Doesn't necessarily contribute to the topic at hand, but I just thought i'd leave this here.

Btw Arcansi, check these out;

One - Not so much this one.
Two - Self-explanatory
Three - Didn't capitalize
Four - Mostly just Eric being free lololol
Five - My DI would've let me live that one

Some more of our beloved Stage

One - Even with my amazing reaction it essentially set a frame trap
Two - I'm only mad he teched it LOL
Three - To a small degree, including it because it happens all too often.
Four - Not that i'm complaining

Just because I know you've wanted to see stuff like this for a long, long time. And no one really gave you much other than a couple clips here and there. Some of these weren't death scenarios but you should know what I was trying to say. I personally love this stage now, but it just shouldn't and probably won't ever be Tourney legal.

Everyone knows how much Picto has ***** me in the past, matches that probably weren't recorded. Not to mention everyone's been stuck by the long **** of Picto before.

So yeah, take that for what it's worth.

also..

i swear they say ****ing ARCANSI in the song..

:wolf:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Doesn't necessarily contribute to the topic at hand, but I just thought i'd leave this here.

My reply to this.

[COLLAPSE="reply"]Ahaha. Thanks a lot for these, but I mean, there is a 100% chance that every hazard you hit or got gimped/dumbed out by the stage, it was your fault.

Your ability to plank was garaunteed, espicially for a 5 second window.

Those things only prove that you played on picto wrong, sorry.

If you don't want the randomness to affect you, dont let it. It's not like you can't plank.

The hazards/line just make it a CP and not a neutral, assuming we don't ever start FLoSSing

However, thank you a lot for finally providing clips such as these.[/COLLAPSE]

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I have to give Arcansi this one.
The stage has many gimmicks and features, just doing stuff on the blank stage because you can is a bad idea, you're just asking for randomness to affect your actions.
As it's been said many times in this thread, playing carefully (not necessarily planking) during Pictochat's neutral state is key if you do not want randomness to disrupt your game. You could also play odds and hope for it to favour you, but still.

All I see in those videos is people getting interrupted by the transformations, like they are unaware of its constant changes. They even jumped out of the "safe zone", letting themselves get trapped into hazards, or even worse, straight into some elements that have already been there.

I'd encourage you (and anyone) to learn the stage and get more solid evidence.
Then try refuting points again.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Ok just for clarification on pictochat the safe zone that you want to occupy during stage transitions is the right edge correct?

:phone:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Ok just for clarification on pictochat the safe zone that you want to occupy during stage transitions is the right edge correct?
Nah, it's on the right ledge. Either one if line transformation has come already.

If it was that logical it would have changed by now.
Would you like to prove me logically incorrect?

Also, something can't be more or less logical. It's either logical or illogical.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If it was that logical it would have changed by now.
Realistically, does not matter how logical it is, if it requires some non-techskill effort (as in, intelectual effort), people just wouldn't want to try it.

So, the minority is us, who play using our minds and logic, opposing the big majority who plays with their fingers.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Has anyone seen Seibrik's thread on why Japan is currently better at SSBB than America? :http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316853

Might be worth a quick read. The theory is that they are better because their stage list is so small and so they focus more time on improving their actual fighting skill instead of spending time with stage gimmicks. Is having Pictochat in our stage roster really worth it in the long run?

BSP

Smash Legend
Some people will say yes, and others will say no. In the end, we can't prove one side right or wrong X_x

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
All I could tell from that thread is that people still has a LOT to learn.
Tuen's post particullary, he said people need simplified scenarios to learn. However, that doesn't mean they can not apply this already learned skills on more complex scenarios.

Still, this is not the place to debate that (and I don't want to necro that thread).

Ghostbone

Smash Master
It's been a while since I've read that thread, but it seemed to have a lot of assumptions that Japan is better because of their stagelist, and not for any other reasons. Which links to the idea that US players want to find something to blame besides themselves for losing, so instead of practicing harder, taking games more seriously, finding new techniques etc., they want an easy fix (ie changing the stagelist) which will probably not have any significant effect. This is ignoring that Japan is well...japan, so logistically, that have really high population density and better wifi so practice is just a lot easier in general....

Of course that's a theory just as much as saying that the US is worse because of their stagelist is a theory, so meh.

Top Bottom