• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Decided WATT was awesome

Found that WATT is too awesome for me to continue that.

Yup, I was indeed fishing for blues, because believe it or not

Scum often behave blue and vice versa. But, when someone calls it out everyone will know what it is and it's too dangerous to keep doing.

I am going to be a lot more lucid now, perhaps fortunately to many.

But I will know less.

Ultimately, I still think theunseen and I are going to fite

Defense thyself bro, and attacking me more. What is wrong with me? And I will defend

Here is what is wrong with you, defend:

You are very averse to being pushed- but it seems even more than this, that you are against pushing period as it is supposedly scum motivated.

Why?

If you are town, is suspicion so bad? Being lynched can give info about you more than being suspected can, but handling suspicion is most of the point of this game- and suspecting is the rest of it. If you expect no one to suspect you, you expect to remain unread, which as a townie is bad news because everyone will be denied any reason to trust you. In this way, if you formed reads yourself outside of anyone pushing anyone, first off I assert it will be a sheeit read, but second nobody will trust you enough to follow you.

Whereas if you are scum, and you can convince people to do this, it's great because you don't want anyone to solve the game, the ideal scenario is a constant no-lynch while you use nk to whittle down town numbers, with nk being pure wifom because nobody pushed anyone and therefore, no one had to defend, and therefore no one was particularly more on track than anyone else.

So your whole approach to the game seems to fit the scum agenda far more than it does the town agenda.

Let us see your reply
My reply is this:
pushing is not either scum or town aligned.
Because it is advantageous for both.
I feel like Ranmaru's push came out of nowhere.
I also think I'm tired of discussing this,so I will avoid further replying.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
My reply is this:
pushing is not either scum or town aligned.
Because it is advantageous for both.
I feel like Ranmaru's push came out of nowhere.
I also think I'm tired of discussing this,so I will avoid further replying.
Ok.

I am trying to follow standard debate format though; can you give your say on why I am scummy?

You have given a rebuttal but I will not give counter rebuttal until I have seen an argument and given a rebuttal. Then you counter rebuttal, and I counter rebuttal and your counter, and so on until we reach a decision.

Unless you have already decided.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Also Alakaslam what do you make of my spirit animal
Oh

I mean, watt pointed out that it's role fishing. I appreciate you playing along, but I can't say everything I felt from it. You probably would prefer I didn't but let's leave it at Wifom.

If it becomes important I will probably be a relief to you.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I was referring to JeXs push for anything but vengeful during d0,
and your inactivity( IIRC )

Speaking of which please post your thoughts more.
Ryu, Rosalina and Seal seem like inactivity but you have been posting,albeit usually non-committal manner.
Please stop posting filler content,is what I'm asking.
So you want me to place a vote when you've kept saying you weren't ready? It's simple as this: there's nobody I really want dead yet.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
So you want me to place a vote when you've kept saying you weren't ready? It's simple as this: there's nobody I really want dead yet.
No,no,I was talking about Wots,and saying you,Rosa,and Ryu had genuine inactivity while Wots seems like filler instead.

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
gheb (3) - ranmaru jexs maven
ranmaru (2) - gheb jaytheunseen
jaytheunseen (2) - zenny alakaslam

not voting (5) - wott red ruy rosalina seal joey

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dislike Gheb trying to get Masonizer to claim just to be able to go for GF.

Gheb posting this is suspicious and malicious. He twists my actions to force a scumread on me. Me telling Rosa to vote instead of not do anything for a day was to poke her into being more proactive. Not to manipulate her. It's like chaingrabbing. You chaingrab but you are still in the same position as you were before, but with the enemy being at higher percent. Her not voting or even asking questions would not help her to understand the roles, and yet she has been active and thinking about this actively, and she even has her own opinions that are not reflections of others.

He then tries to force me buddying with Zen as a scumtell, when that is actually a nulltell. Yet I don't even remember buddying Zen, as I haven't even had a read of him yet.

Finally I don't understand his point about me singling out Seal. Seal seemed like scum who was parroting to simply vote onto Godfather. Seal as a likely candidate from a pool of Seal/Joey/Jaytheunseen. I now retract my scumread on Seal as I don't find scum would simply refuse to give reads and omgus as he has done in thread.

Joey is scum for stating that what I was doing is vote worthy, while dumb. It is opportunistic of him to do this, when he is saying that I'm wrong. Yet, we are on page 16 and still the game has yet to start. I did get a bit impatient with the game, and he is right that we should have discussion so we can understand each other. Like I have said before, I was ready to get this phase over with since the moment I voted the first time. Now I feel like we were going through RQS instead of RVS, and had to go through hoops to arrive to a solid read. Him stating he'd vote me for this is suspicious because he should be voting people he finds suspicious, not people he finds to be having a dumb or wrong opinion.

I do not think Maven is scum for this however. I read a past game of him and I expected this of him. He is inexperienced but to me comes off as noob town who looks at the surface of things.

Vote: Gheb

Scumreads:

Gheb
Joey
Jaytheunseen
I don't like this vote.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Red Ryu's ignoring Gheb's posts, which is something we already discussed, and Ranmaru's whole play day 0. There wasn't any real connection between the two other then finding them both scummy

I like Zenny more then Gheb. I like Gheb more then Ranmaru

I'm not a fan of Jex this game. HIs posts and anger in day zero stuck me scummy, nor do I like at all his constant insistence that any vig we have needs to shoot every night when that's clearly the whole reason we would have been given one. He gets angry as mafia. Nor am I enjoying Alakaslam coasting through with nothing but vague semi-joke posts defending Ranmaru because he's "awesome" and adding nothing else.

While I like Gheb, he did just sort of vanish and barely even attempted to push at Ranmaru, which isn't boding well with me, then just vanished. Honestly I'm waiting to see what Gheb is going to do, if he's going to make a large post and double down on Ranmaru or swap to something else. I expected this post to happen by now so I was just sort of waiting.
Mostly because I supported what he said d0.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I know. Yet you didn't state how it affects your read on him. Bodes well isn't specific enough.

Yes to your other question. I'm telling you that you are wrong. More solid with Alakaslam since I interacted with him, with Red Ryu it's more meta because I'd expect ScumRyu to be less invested as scum. I am interested in hearing what he has to say today. I think even Zen should be able to tell the difference from here and Deathnote mafia Alakaslam.

What do you mean technically? Did you (or were you able to) read the game of deathnote?
Shhh...don't tell people how I play scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
For the rest, it is time!

Speak into the eyes of CHUPAZI

Know the ones who follow unto HIJOLE

Seek the unknown wisdom

Gheb is there an unknown wisdom to which you contribute? Or do you seek unknown wisdom?

Maven, art thou one Wolf or a coyote?

Jexs you too, wolf or coyote?

RosalinaGS, Zenny, Jexs, I forget who else, what happened to our tea party?
I feel like a Wolf.

Wish you asked me this.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@Zenny
About my comment concerning Jay, his actions seem to indicate he is mafia. He's overly defensive and doesn't really contribute too much. However, this read conflicts with my previous game with him, when he was mafia. Admittedly, he wasn't placed under particularly severe pressure, but he didn't respond that badly to suspicions. His meta isn't really developed, especially after one game, but that apparent contradiction does give me reservations. I still read him as mafia, but would be unwilling to particularly push this read unless further evidence came up.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Your thoughts on Jay's 'meta'? Does this match his previous actions in the Laundry game?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@Zenny
About my comment concerning Jay, his actions seem to indicate he is mafia. He's overly defensive and doesn't really contribute too much. However, this read conflicts with my previous game with him, when he was mafia. Admittedly, he wasn't placed under particularly severe pressure, but he didn't respond that badly to suspicions. His meta isn't really developed, especially after one game, but that apparent contradiction does give me reservations. I still read him as mafia, but would be unwilling to particularly push this read unless further evidence came up.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Your thoughts on Jay's 'meta'? Does this match his previous actions in the Laundry game?
Not entirely but some similarities. His content really not giving a clear stance is one of them and that imo, shows here.

I would rather push him over Ran v Gheb since I think that isn't fruitful over other directions, if not I'd like more pressure on Joey or Jexs.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oh I forgot about Alakaslam. He's done literally nothing useful and I'd put him with the inactives honestly.

What? How in the hell are you town reading Alakaslam when literally all he has done is follow you and made it obvious that he was joking + one post with questions that could potentially have no point from him? Your latest town read thoughts on him was that he wasn't following town meta, and that's a load of bull**** read-wise. He's literally done nothing useful in this game.

It's not that we don't understand him, it's that he's not doing anything worthwhile. He's sitting on reads without any reasoning behind them aside from following you.

How is anyone not null-reading this slot?

Also, he's not better than Gheb. At least Gheb has put some type of reason behind his read on you that isn't "I'm following kawaiileader69chan because he's supersugoitown nyaa ~swoon~ <3 <3".
I don't agree he's done nothing useful.

But **** me if I can read him from his posts.

Top Bottom