• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No. We just got along real well since the very beginning. Then he invited me to play on Omgus, and now we are playing a bit here. I may even join another game or so over there too once I get the time. I also like his posting style.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
7/10. It's gotten better over time. I know you say that he's posting alot of lion king videos, but that's not what I'm looking at. (Such as some of his responses to Jaytheunseen, and his questions to Seal, which I see coming from a townie mindset) As scum he's not as confident in himself and assumes everything he does is scummy and says stuff to put attention to himself for no reason.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
That's a lot of posts. As in a lot of a lot of posts. But I'll try to give my current opinions.

First of all, I don't quite understand Ranmaru's purpose for attempting to rush the first phase. If he was mafia, he could possibly convince us to rush, but it's highly unlikely to succeed and he draws unnecessary attention to himself. It an unwise move, especially considering how much experience he has. (I'm assuming, based off various posts) If he was innocent, why would he try to rush the first phase? Yes, I understand he could be bored, but it doesn't make much sense. After all, choosing roles is fairly important. It could easily make or break the game. So could you please explain why you posted that? I don't feel it's particularly scum, but it is odd.

Based off his actions, I would consider JayTheUnseen's actions to be questionable. I can't quote exact instances, but generally, it does appear overly defensive and yet simultaneously aggressive. A bit like a cornered animal. If this were anyone else, I would consider them mafia. Yet, from my experience of his play, limited it may be, he's acting differently than when he was mafia in the Laundry/ Gheb mini. Admittedly, he wasn't ever really under intense pressure then, but his actions are very different. So, I'm definitely keeping an eye on him, but I don't really have enough to even consider a lynch on him.

As for the JeXs/ Gheb/ Joey conflict, most of it is about meta, which I cannot contribute to.

If I was forced to lynch someone today, I would go for Jay, but it's more of a policy lynch than anything else. Knowing my luck, he'd probably turn out to be a weak doc or something.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I basically had gone over this with Maven and Joey. I refer you to my #703 to totally understand my point of view. It was not about boredom at all. That was Maven's argument as to why he thought I was rushing it. The phase was focused on role discussion, not scumhunting. I even tried to scumhunt somewhat. As mafia it would be better to stall the phase because they stay comfortable and don't get pressured to post. (Like Gheb) I also already had my mind set on what roles to have, and I am not the type to focus on role discussion/setup analysis. I just prefer the simple dayplay.

Let me know what your thoughts are on that. Like I told Joey, I won't be talking much more about this as it's information that is already stated in thread. I think this sums it up nicely. I do want to know what your thoughts are of my play in this phase, though.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Oh, I read it but hadn't given it particular emphasis. I see now.
As for your current play, you seem town, but I am highly unwilling to give much import to it. Based off of Alakaslam's veneration of you, you're definitely experienced, and I find it unlikely you would crack under such pressure and limited evidence. You definitely show evidence of scumhunting, and you appear significantly more town than you are mafia, but it is far from definite.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Vote: JaytheUnseen

Only player who I have a significant scum read on. Ignored most of my posts Day 0, playing in an image centered, defense-by-offense manner (Ex: #711) and his recent responses to JeXs of seeing guilt where it isn't (#715, #720). I can completely understand browsing over the mechanic talk, but he wasn't doing that, he was browsing over my posts, along with any other Jan-support posts specifically. This was the case even when I asked him to read and give his thoughts on specific posts. As Ran said, he would simply pick and choose posts that supported what he was already pushing, and making excuses for not voting or even looking at the other side. This became really apparent at the end of the day.

Also scum leaning Joey. His Ran push and shadowing Gheb appear fraudulent to me.

@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS We kinda just got into things, but please do introduce yourselves. Was Laundry/Gheb's game your first game? If not, how much mafia exp. do you have? Also Jay are you familiar with the term "Bad Wolf"? :upsidedown:

Yes, I'd consider it null. He has a background of a bout 15 or so games on another site which seems to have a whole different mafia paradigm (the one where most things are done through outside comms).

What made you draw this connection at the time?

What made you say this?

I have a town lean on both. More so, Ran. He does get bored as mafia, but I don't think he'd be anymore excited to play D1 than he would D0.
Good post is good.what say you about ran/joey/maven from the past 36 hours or so
meta makes my reasoning stronger, gheb as town is more than willing to cooperate with town, while he as scum gets angry and tries to force things his way.

how about you, joey? you dont find maven's reasoning for not liking me being equally terrible?
The hell kond of games have you played with gheb

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
All right,fair enough.
First,Jexs and Wots I brought up because it was something I noted,while I don't think it's scum proof,I think it is noteworthy and brought it to the attention of others.

As for Gheb,let me rephrase what I said-I haven't sen something to make me think he is scum.So my read is town atm.
first paragraph makes no sense unless theres some form of context im missing
Dude jaytheunseen seems very paranoid
this. Particularly on this oage where he apparently went back and fact checked something he had just posted, like hes really unsure of what hes doing

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Is Ranmaru dead yet?

:059:
Refresh me on why
Something from d0?
This has got to be the fastest pase mafia game I've ever seen...

I'm willing to divulge my feelings on a few players however:

Gheb: Really liked him d0, but I'm not sure anymore.
Ran: Really pushing people which I don't like, but someone has to do it or the game will go nowhere.
JeXs: If ran is scum then JeX is.
Jay: Either scum or he's slipping up under pressure.

Nothing convincing enough for me to drop a vote, sadly.
Youd have hated overswarms tome travelers mafia then
See

BAAAAH

I can't color text here, I don't know how
You can also set a custom text color in your user cp somewhere so you dont have to apply color tags to every post

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Can it really be called a rolefish? lol It's a bit like guessing my birthday from my username. XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ people trying to meta me.

You do post a lot though. Unfortunately you always do it when it's night in Europe >_<

So let me reread stuff first from like the very start of D1 and then I'll respond maybe.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Eh, I don't really see what the case against me is. Everything Ran said is OMGUS except the idea with the masonizer claiming, something I've explained in ample detail on D0 and never actively pushed for but just wanted to talk about. You're making a big deal out of nothing there @ Maven89 Maven89 @ ranmaru ranmaru ... find something better to push plz. You're wasting time waiting for me to answer stuff that's not conclusive for finding scum. Which intself can be seen as scummy or at least anti-town.
I don't even know what JeXs is arguing. A little bit of meta here, some arguments based on a flawed perception of my play there and that's pretty much all I'm getting from him. Not impressed.

Ranmaru is still guilty of getting mafia a Janitor and that's inexcusable when somebody like him can be expected to know better. We're still dealing with the threat of losing the game if we don't get to see the D1 flip. No amount if OMGUS will make that go away. I've promised myself to not let scummy play slide anymore just because it can be attributed as "bad play". What Ranmaru has done is anti-town to the highest degree and nothing he has argued can ever justify it. I will push for him to get lynched for the rest of the game and will not shed a single tear if he flips town. On the contrary - if he keeps things up the way he's doing in this game, I will continue to lynch him in the next games over and over until we don't have to ask ourselves "is he scummy or just playing bad???". At this point he has no excuse for playing bad. What he's doing is scummy to the max and I will treat his slot accoringly. No need for fake compromises, we'll win this game without him in case he flips town.

So much for my defense ... busting out scumreads later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have class soon, and have another class today. Expect a response tonight, Gheb. Plus whatever I get out of my re-read if I do at all.

Maven89

Smash Master
Sorry Alakaslam, I was in a bad mood last night and your posts were really annoying me. They're actually not a big deal, do what you do, just not too much please

Maven89

Smash Master
Gheb why is Zenny getting a pass? If Ranmaru knows better then t to vote Janitor then surely Zenny would know better then to push it, right? Because Zenny was without a doubt the main voice behind that

Maven89

Smash Master
(Though I notice it's mostly Joey agreeing with Maven a ton) I
I noticed that too, and Joey's strange idea to bring up posts to have a pretty lame argument with Jex over Gheb's meta based on 3 games just seemed incredibly off to me. I want to have some standard to start basing reads on but no one is allowing me.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Currently there is basically 3 lynch camps,in the order I want to lynch them
Ranmaru
Jexs
Gheb

My scum reads are,in the order I want to lynch them
Ranmaru
Jexs
Alakaslam

Ranamru:
I still feel that he was deliberately trying tp ush me into the open where he wanted me to make a mistake.
Ranmaru,I know that your intentions could've been pro-town( even the theory that he was pushing me ),but they could also be pro-scum.
You asked me to look at your posts from a town mindset,and I have.I think they are made as scum though.
You have shown no signs of looking at my posts against you as coming from a town view,please do so.
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ do you feel he was pushing me?If so,do you think it is more scum-proof?

JeXs:
I didn't notice him at first but recent cases brought against him have made me question him.
When accused he hasn't said much besides 'this scum read makes no sense,lol,whatever.'
Please defend yourself more.

Alakaslam:
Non-sense posts make me just want him out of the ganme.
PLUS,you cannot argue with the fact his non-sense makes posting/reading useful content harder,
nor can you argue that is anything but good for scum.
I hate to admit that his posts that were serious looked town,but there is always acting.
His plan as scum could be to stick out so much/look so silly that no one would ever think he as scum would stick out so much.

Note:I do not support the case against Gheb,I would not lynch him at this time.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Talk to me about Maven. I have seen him scumread you in the same game that Jexys was scum, for some trivial stuff as well. So I expected it (joey!), but what do you think of his play here since you have interacted with him more than I have seen. I just see that he's pretty wrong here and I just don't like his thought process, since it's pretty much synced with Joey's. (Though I notice it's mostly Joey agreeing with Maven a ton) I do agree with Maven that it's possibly us disagreeing with each other, but would like to know your point of view.
He's coming off to me as putting in genuine effort to gauge people's intent as opposed to sticking to a point and twisting things towards as specific argument. For example, I liked that he considered almost every side Day 0 and laid out his thought process for switching between them. Another example is that that he could have come into Day 1 tunneling you or recently Slam and easily justify it, but he's been looking in different directions and gaining others' perspective which indicates to me that he is attempting to gain understanding of people's underlying intent.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gheb I also don't get why you're singling out Ranmaru. Why is his play in particular "bad" and not me or JeXs? Do you think Ranmaru is scum or just scummy? Part of this game is about telling the difference.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also Ran, please review over JeXs again. He's playing...peculiar, but I think it could possibly be that thing we discussed as Amidamaru. Let me know what you think.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Jay do you not think that one should question the people they find suspicious? Your scum reading of Ran seems to be based on that which is the definition of 'omgus'.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
first paragraph makes no sense unless theres some form of context im missing
this. Particularly on this oage where he apparently went back and fact checked something he had just posted, like hes really unsure of what hes doing
I was referring to JeXs push for anything but vengeful during d0,
and your inactivity( IIRC )

Speaking of which please post your thoughts more.
Ryu, Rosalina and Seal seem like inactivity but you have been posting,albeit usually non-committal manner.
Please stop posting filler content,is what I'm asking.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Jay do you not think that one should question the people they find suspicious? Your scum reading of Ran seems to be based on that which is the definition of 'omgus'.
I am not familiar with this term,please elaborate.
And,again,I feel like he was questioning me to the point of excess.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Based off his actions, I would consider JayTheUnseen's actions to be questionable. I can't quote exact instances, but generally, it does appear overly defensive and yet simultaneously aggressive. A bit like a cornered animal. If this were anyone else, I would consider them mafia. Yet, from my experience of his play, limited it may be, he's acting differently than when he was mafia in the Laundry/ Gheb mini. Admittedly, he wasn't ever really under intense pressure then, but his actions are very different. So, I'm definitely keeping an eye on him, but I don't really have enough to even consider a lynch on him.
What do you mean by you'd consider them mafia if it were anyone else? Your line after that seems like his play here would make you feel he was mafia.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's not just about voting, it's about suspecting a person in general. I just don't get how questioning your motives can be scummy. Instead of just answering them, you bounced around them which just led to more questioning.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
It's not just about voting, it's about suspecting a person in general. I just don't get how questioning your motives can be scummy. Instead of just answering them, you bounced around them which just led to more questioning.
Unless I am mistaken,I have answered them.And asking question sis not scummy.But pushing can have scum intent.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Dont get fresh with me boy.
Decided WATT was awesome
Thats a weird way to rolefish someone
Found that WATT is too awesome for me to continue that.

Yup, I was indeed fishing for blues, because believe it or not

Scum often behave blue and vice versa. But, when someone calls it out everyone will know what it is and it's too dangerous to keep doing.

I am going to be a lot more lucid now, perhaps fortunately to many.

But I will know less.

Ultimately, I still think theunseen and I are going to fite

Defense thyself bro, and attacking me more. What is wrong with me? And I will defend

Here is what is wrong with you, defend:

You are very averse to being pushed- but it seems even more than this, that you are against pushing period as it is supposedly scum motivated.

Why?

If you are town, is suspicion so bad? Being lynched can give info about you more than being suspected can, but handling suspicion is most of the point of this game- and suspecting is the rest of it. If you expect no one to suspect you, you expect to remain unread, which as a townie is bad news because everyone will be denied any reason to trust you. In this way, if you formed reads yourself outside of anyone pushing anyone, first off I assert it will be a sheeit read, but second nobody will trust you enough to follow you.

Whereas if you are scum, and you can convince people to do this, it's great because you don't want anyone to solve the game, the ideal scenario is a constant no-lynch while you use nk to whittle down town numbers, with nk being pure wifom because nobody pushed anyone and therefore, no one had to defend, and therefore no one was particularly more on track than anyone else.

So your whole approach to the game seems to fit the scum agenda far more than it does the town agenda.

Let us see your reply

Top Bottom