• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

Yo! Hardbody the Show!

Gheb_01|marshy
ranmaru (5) - gheb joey wott maven jaytheunseen
jaytheunseen (2) - alakaslam red ruy
joey (1) - ranmaru
gheb (2) - jexs zenny

not voting (2) - rosalina seal

Seal

Smash Journeyman
You are so confident that there is no concrete evidence when there is plenty, just that you have no idea how to look for it. You are also so confident that the only evidence that can come from a mafia game is from claims. There you go.
What concrete evidence is there? Meta isn't concrete. Your final statement is also incorrect because flips. I'm not dealing with your desperate attempts to protect him anymore. We need to lynch someone or we'll have no info. If he's mafia, you're next.

Vote: Ranmaru

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
What concrete evidence is there? Meta isn't concrete. Your final statement is also incorrect because flips. I'm not dealing with your desperate attempts to protect him anymore. We need to lynch someone or we'll have no info. If he's mafia, you're next.

This post follows my thoughts.
JeXs you said we are presumptous and assume we are always correct,
but you cling without stopping to your town and scum reads both.

JeXs

Smash Champion
As I said, you have no idea how to read people.
@Gheb_01
@#HBC | Joey
@Wots All This Then?
@Maven89
How about you guys lynch me instead? Since all of you have suspicions of myself too right? If you are town you have literally no reason to reject this. I will even help you lynch myself.

JeXs

Smash Champion
This post follows my thoughts.
JeXs you said we are presumptous and assume we are always correct,
but you cling without stopping to your town and scum reads both.
You think I'm going to let you lynch someone who's so obviously town?

JeXs

Smash Champion
He is town because he is clearly trying to look for scum and not trying to blend in with the town. His many pushes and cases indicate that he is actively hunting for scum, unlike certain other players in this game. His thoughts are also all out there in his posts for you to see, I have no clue why you are even scum reading him. You never said why a single time. Literally the only reasoning you gave was "these posts feel... wrong".
Claims are better. They can be proven during the night and disproven by CC.
Doctor, Weak Doctor, Cop can all be "proven" by scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
ranmaru (5) - gheb joey wott maven jaytheunseen

Only two people on this list on my really like list are kinda Gheb and Maven, more so Maven. Why should I join this wagon then?

JeXs

Smash Champion
6 now that seal voted too. smh. Freaking Ranmaru is actually at L-1 and I don't even know why.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Don't put him at l-1.

Unvote now because I don't want this rushed nor do I like this wagon.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Comes across as stubborn. Doesn't try to argue to progress phase, when he has a problem with phase being rushed. This is one of the examples (and more obvious) to see that he isn't trying to progress the phase. Some of his posts are similar to this.

Again, his concern with me rushing the phase is due to a disagreement. He tried to twist my actions, for example, he states that me stating that Maven isn't scummy is because he is wrong. I never held maven as a scumread, and is trying to say I am omgusing him. He tries to use that as a point to support his push against me, which is ridiculous.

Now, after a long while, Joey backs down on his push on me, saying he feels better about me due to my last response to him. I was never convincecd that it was my post that made him want to back off. The consensus on me being town came together, and he felt it was not fruitful to continue the push, that is why he stopped. He could have replied at least with answers to my answers as to why, it is moot now since he dropped the push. This shows he never cared to understand my perspective with the push, he simply wanted to push it and when it wasn't beneficial to him, he left it.

Second, his sudden switch to JeXs was opportunistic, and not him exhausting another lead. He didn't really have a real reason to push Jex, he was just pushing him because Jex was an easy push with his gut/slight reasoning for voting Gheb. Let me repeat, as soon as he backed off, he switched suddenly. As town, when you need to re-evaluate, it should take some time before you are able to switch gears. Yet he already had Jex in mind, without a real reason to even start the push.

His push was indirect. Meaning, he quotes Jex's reasoning, and simply goes "Ew, this is disgusting" and then tries to twist it. This is done because as scum, you have to lie about your suspicions, and it is easy to dislike a trivial action by simply being disgusted by it. I know because I have done it before as scum. You can't directly state what it is that is suspicious and why the person has scum intent. Just that the thing they did is disgusting. Easier to say it that way.

Joey has been pushing hard on Jex, who has been more of a null. What joey does is try to force Jex's reasoning into something scummy. He basically disagrees with Joey on his gheb stance, and Jex makes a good point:

to show that Joey never had a real reason to push him. The red shows his actual 'dislike' for him. This is not a basis to lynch someone off.

Joey even brings up meta on a game that Jex wasn't even talking about. You can tell Joey has no reason to push Jexs when he has to ask "Have you played a game with gheb before" because he started pushing Jex while assuming Jex KNEW how gheb played. Meaning Joey didn't know if Jex had as much meta info as Joey expected him to. "You should know how gheb plays, but wait, have you played with gheb?" < That thought process makes no sense.

In the final post I bring up, Joey shows his conclusions on his reads. On JexS, he states that his gheb push is disgusting and his meta reasoning is weak. This reasoning isn't convincing enough, and he doesn't stop to consider JexS's experience with Gheb in other games.

Even though Joey stated he felt better about my response to him, he lists me as being null for 'crappy' play. This is the only way he can salvage his push and back off, and is the only player (besides gheb?) to say this.

Summary Next.
Point 1. Someone being stubborn is not scum.

Point 2.I may be wrong but I don't think Joey ever said Ran had Maven as scum.He said Ran dismissed Maven's scum read on Ran as being inexperienced, which is true.And that's an incredibly bad reason to dismiss a read.

Point 3.Consensus on Ran being town came together?That is not true at all.

Point 4.As Joey said, the switching gears bit is non-sense.Also,switching to me might've been a better push for an opportunistic mafia at that time.

Point 5.JeXs has not been null.Again,he's dismissing players reads for bad reasons.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Nah, don't defend Ranmaru, you'll just get called his scumbuddy for defending him :rolleyes:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
He is town because he is clearly trying to look for scum and not trying to blend in with the town. His many pushes and cases indicate that he is actively hunting for scum, unlike certain other players in this game. His thoughts are also all out there in his posts for you to see, I have no clue why you are even scum reading him. You never said why a single time. Literally the only reasoning you gave was "these posts feel... wrong".

Doctor, Weak Doctor, Cop can all be "proven" by scum.
Anyone can pretend to look for scum. Anyone can push/question people. Anyone can share fake thoughts. I'm not scum reading anyone. I'm voting because we need a lynch so we actually have info.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I think you should read that post again, your part 1 is already wrong.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Anyone can pretend to look for scum. Anyone can push/question people. Anyone can share fake thoughts. I'm not scum reading anyone. I'm voting because we need a lynch so we actually have info.
You can be a lynch for info too :rolleyes: Want to volunteer?

JeXs

Smash Champion
In a post meant to call Joey out as scum,first thing he says is "Came across as stubborn."
Did you even read it..? Joey was being stubborn about not wanting to end the phase early but was doing absolutely nothing to help progress the phase.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Did you even read it..? Joey was being stubborn about not wanting to end the phase early but was doing absolutely nothing to help progress the phase.
And what is wrong with that? I can think of another example from d0 of a player doing that and no called him out for it.

Top Bottom