• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Do you realize, according to this logic, nobody can have town reads?
Of course, which is why I want to avoid ruling anyone out as scum.
IDK, just a few things feel off, I can't quite explain. I need to look at his play.

JeXs

Smash Champion
If that is the case, you will be suspicious of everyone in the game regardless of their play. That is not a good thing.

Maven89

Smash Master
And how was that?

Why are you defending a player who wants to vig and obv town read, tried to get the mason to claim, and has contributed nothing else towards the game?
You mean why am I accurately giving information on what Gheb posted? I'm not defending him, I have him as null. He called you obtown way back in Day 0 before the Janitor stuff even came up. Holding to it like he's still claiming he reads you as obvtown is disingenuous, as was your reacap of why he was scum reading Ranmaru.

Jex, seriously re-read that page because I think you misread Joey at some point, because you never quoted that and the post literally doesn't exist

Ranmaru I'm scum reading because I haven't agreed with almost anything he said, his push on Joey was horrible as was his immediate attempt to lynch him after he claimed, followed by a sudden swap to Wott by sheeping to a new player on the reasons that the new player "seemed confident".

I still think Jex is by far the scummiest player and would lynch him before anyone else.

JeXs

Smash Champion
If you think I'm the scummiest player then take your vote off of Ranmaru and vote me instead. Be true to your words.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Elaborate, what do you mean by feel wrong? So on the contrary, if I'm town, Ranmaru is surely town as well, yes?

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about it, nah. Looking at dayplay. I think we have to focus on that in this game. Scum know what roles they gave us yet we can't even guess what role we were given, so it's like an open setup for them and a semi-open setup for us, since scum can see the discussion of what to vote during the day.

Do you think his push on me and you was town minded?
You're just saying "nah" when he has actually given SOMETHING to say he's town (no CC)? I don't like your logic and I don't see anything proving you innocent.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You mean why am I accurately giving information on what Gheb posted? I'm not defending him, I have him as null. He called you obtown way back in Day 0 before the Janitor stuff even came up. Holding to it like he's still claiming he reads you as obvtown is disingenuous, as was your reacap of why he was scum reading Ranmaru.

Jex, seriously re-read that page because I think you misread Joey at some point, because you never quoted that and the post literally doesn't exist

Ranmaru I'm scum reading because I haven't agreed with almost anything he said, his push on Joey was horrible as was his immediate attempt to lynch him after he claimed, followed by a sudden swap to Wott by sheeping to a new player on the reasons that the new player "seemed confident".

I still think Jex is by far the scummiest player and would lynch him before anyone else.
You didn't answer the first q. How was it that Ran went about it?

JeXs

Smash Champion
You're just saying "nah" when he has actually given SOMETHING to say he's town (no CC)? I don't like your logic and I don't see anything proving you innocent.
No CC doesn't mean guaranteed town, we don't even know if there's a weak doctor, although we think it's likely, it's still not a 100%.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
check post 1214
Dude that's literally from page 23 or 24,
where he said your read on Gheb perhaps wasn't meta only after all.
Elaborate, what do you mean by feel wrong? So on the contrary, if I'm town, Ranmaru is surely town as well, yes?
OK,and
No.

His defense of you is very likely trying to protect his buddy if he's scum,but if he were town and thought you were ton as well, he could still defend you.So you may be scum either way.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I'm ignoring you from here on out.
Are you kidding me? Someone scum reads you and you just say "I'm ignoring you"? Seems like you're just going off of Ran's push to try and make him look like the bad guy.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
No CC doesn't mean guaranteed town, we don't even know if there's a weak doctor, although we think it's likely, it's still not a 100%.
Of course not 100% but its something. Ran has nothing.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Dude that's literally from page 23 or 24,
where he said your read on Gheb perhaps wasn't meta only after all.

OK,and
No.

His defense of you is very likely trying to protect his buddy if he's scum,but if he were town and thought you were ton as well, he could still defend you.So you may be scum either way.
page 32. post 1214.

He has me as null, not town.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Are you kidding me? Someone scum reads you and you just say "I'm ignoring you"? Seems like you're just going off of Ran's push to try and make him look like the bad guy.
I think you didn't read the previous posts.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
You NEED to stop relying on claims entirely.
You need to stop discounting the credit if claims and basing your entire reads off people acting as they did in previous games. I could play completely silent scum in one game, then completely aggro scum in the next, but you'd think I'm town because my playstyle is different. You're not proving anything.

JeXs

Smash Champion
You need to stop discounting the credit if claims and basing your entire reads off people acting as they did in previous games. I could play completely silent scum in one game, then completely aggro scum in the next, but you'd think I'm town because my playstyle is different. You're not proving anything.
So if I claim a PR you are going to have me as town? :glare:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why JeXs and Zenny are so adamantly protecting Ran over themselves when he has no proof.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I don't get why JeXs and Zenny are so adamantly protecting Ran over themselves when he has no proof.
There is plenty of evidence in the thread, just that you haven't adjusted to the playstyle here.

JeXs

Smash Champion
If there are no CC then you'll be more town than those who haven't.
We don't even know what PRs town has. Scum on the other hand knows what town DOESN'T have. You should know what that means.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm starting to wonder whether or not we're reading the same game:
I'm not singling out Ranmaru. I think Jexs is fairly suspicious too. But Ran trying to manipulate less experienced players like Rosa into voting Janitor is ridiculously mucky and should not be considered acceptable under any circumstance.

The reason I don't think Zen is scum ... I don't wanna talk about it. It just makes me look jaded and cynical at this point. I don't wanna speak out things that I've covered many times in the past. I doesn't feel right to me and it's unfair to him but I 100% believe it's true still so I'll just leave it at that. Zen himself will know what I mean.

There was a "Zen vs Gheb" situation? Except for that one time where Zen lost his **** after I made that appeal to experience, we've only had fair discussion with no backhanded remarks or accusations. I've even called him obvtown at one point and he never even hinted at me being likely scum. Ranmaru vs Joey/Gheb are the ones that were really butting heads and that's largely Ran's fault for not bringing up his points in D0 [when they would've been relevant and worth discussing] but rushing for an unnecessarily quick D1 instead.

:059:
I dunno? I vaguely recall him voting you which would fit the agenda of buddying Zen that I've been accusing him of. I don't actually know whether he pushed you or voted you though. It's not really important to me.

That's what makes Vig so awesome. You don't actually have to deal with all that arguing / cockblocking nonsense and can just cut right through the bull****. That can be worth a lot, especially in a game like this where the townies are deliberately leaving the game in the hands of the mafia.

Ran's case is awful. Disgusting. All the "argument twisting"-arguments he keeps busting out are 100% pure bullcrap. In fact, they apply to Ran himself moreso than to anybody else so by his own logic he should not survive this Day phase. It's no coincidence that he's been using it against eveybody who attacked him. It has a clearly defined, misleading purpose.

Except Ranmaru himself probably doesn't actually think Joey is scum but just wants a mislynch/claim. The rest of you people who vote him also don't actually "believe he's mafia". You just don't know better. Major difference.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Lol, I'm not going to repeat something I just pointed someone else to not too long ago.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I have no idea, that was Gheb's read, not mine.
Ok but that was the whole point........ I'm trying to show that the reasoning is nonsensical. You're saying that what I'm saying is the reasoning isn't the actual reasoning. So then what is?

Top Bottom