• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Please explain the towness of Ranmaru
I've stated this in multiple games before: Ranmaru is quite possibly the only player whose town meta is reliable. I actually don't even know if you'd call it meta, but he is easy to read. The fact that he is making so many cases, pushing so many directions, and asking so many questions shows how open and driven he is to finding scum. Town Ran is a blood-thirsty savage. Anyone who has played multiple games with Ran knows this. Gheb knows this. Joey knows this. Ryu knows this. Even Slam knows this.

Ran scum can blend in, but he's never on the forefront. And it becomes apparent that he has no real interests in the game in the long run. Gheb's reasoning for pushing Ran is nonsensical. Ran clearly showed Day 0 that he didn't care which PRs were chosen. Yet Gheb is making it out as if Ran was playing this manipulative game trying to get people to vote one way or the other. This whole push is full of it.

JeXs

Smash Champion
what do you mean by that? proven wrong in that you didn't actually have that meta read, or proven wrong in that your meta concepts of Gheb were inaccurate to how he normally plays?
Nobody proved my meta wrong, all they did was ask sarcastically if I've played with Gheb and quoted one post from one game I wasn't in. Is that reliable if you were me?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I've stated this in multiple games before: Ranmaru is quite possibly the only player whose town meta is reliable. I actually don't even know if you'd call it meta, but he is easy to read. The fact that he is making so many cases, pushing so many directions, and asking so many questions shows how open and driven he is to finding scum. Town Ran is a blood-thirsty savage. Anyone who has played multiple games with Ran knows this. Gheb knows this. Joey knows this. Ryu knows this. Even Slam knows this.

Ran scum can blend in, but he's never on the forefront. And it becomes apparent that he has no real interests in the game in the long run. Gheb's reasoning for pushing Ran is nonsensical. Ran clearly showed Day 0 that he didn't care which PRs were chosen. Yet Gheb is making it out as if Ran was playing this manipulative game trying to get people to vote one way or the other. This whole push is full of it.
Town Ran does NOT have to resort to "I only do this when you're scum". Town Ran does not suddenly jump from his primary target onto a secondary one with mind-numbingly awful reasoning just because people aren't siding with him. This is not town-Ran meta. Just because it's **** play doesn't mean that it's town-Ran **** play.

I'm not town meta reading Ranmaru because he's not playing like town. Sorry if that's shocking to you or something.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Oh my god, do you really think your meta read still stands?

You do know that in order for meta to be accurate, that the player has to play like that consistently, right? You've played three games with him. Do you really think that something he's well known for is suddenly taken away because you played two games with him where he played differently as town?

Like, if you're going to keep on stating this, I'm going to keep on saying this until it's drilled into your brain that your meta on Gheb is wrong as **** and you should never use this as reasoning for scum reading him ever EVER again.
Don't bother responding. I already said im ignoring you.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Wtf. I can't see post numbers so I can't tell you which post it is though
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but if no one can find it I'm ready to vote you just for trying to fake a quote, that is painfully mafia driven

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
why would it matter if you were in the game or not?
HOLY **** YES THIS.

Like, people were sitting on me for this. Why in the **** does it matter? If I can point to a recent Gheb game and say "This is how he played in this game", then why in the **** are you sitting there being a total ****ter and saying "This doesn't apply to me because I wasn't in that game"?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I think at this point JeXs, you need to unvote Gheb and accept your read is not agreed with by others, holding on to it now only makes you look mafia.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
He's only referred to me as obvtown. But you don't say things like "lynch X regardless of alignment" if you have a genuine scum read on them.
Yes you do if you firmly believe that they're playing that badly. Ranmaru's play lines up with that thought to a tee.

Gheb is scum reading him. It's pretty obvious at this point that he is, too.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Town Ran does NOT have to resort to "I only do this when you're scum". Town Ran does not suddenly jump from his primary target onto a secondary one with mind-numbingly awful reasoning just because people aren't siding with him. This is not town-Ran meta. Just because it's **** play doesn't mean that it's town-Ran **** play.

I'm not town meta reading Ranmaru because he's not playing like town. Sorry if that's shocking to you or something.
Yes he does. Less you can show otherwise. His play here is no different than it was from Monster. He also did exactly what you're stating in Zombies! (which you were in, yes?).

Nameless

marshy|sworddancer.
ranmaru (4) - gheb joey wott maven
jaytheunseen (2) - alakaslam red ruy
joey (1) - ranmaru
wott (1) - jaytheunseen
gheb (2) - jexs zenny

not voting (2) - rosalina seal

Maven89

Smash Master
And? So was I and so was JeXs. YET WE WERE THE ONES MOST ADAMANT ABOUT IT. Where as Ran showed with his votes that he really didn't care. So the logic here makes zero sense.
Gheb's point is not that Ranmaru voted janitor, it was how he did it

Because then I wouldn't have knowledge of how he played outside of ONE post.
No one is arguing that you couldn't have believed your read. They're arguing that the read is not accurate to how Gheb plays.

Also Jex re-read and quote that post you' mentioned where Joey said he couldn't understand your read, because it's not there

JeXs

Smash Champion
I already quoted it on the previous page. And seriously, unvote Ranmaru.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gheb's point is not that Ranmaru voted janitor, it was how he did it
And how was that?

Why are you defending a player who wants to vig and obv town read, tried to get the mason to claim, and has contributed nothing else towards the game?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Btw,this is just the situation Janitor is for, heated as thing are, we need to know if we lynched the right one ( which we may not with Jan )

JeXs

Smash Champion
I never actually said why. A town Ranmaru is incredibly easy to read. Refer to Zen's post for why he is obvtown.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Assuming you mean this post. It doesn't convince me. ( Not fully )

JeXs

Smash Champion
Doesn't matter, just don't vote him. Why are you suspicious of him anyway?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Doesn't matter, just don't vote him. Why are you suspicious of him anyway?
Mafia can still look like town, I just haven't ruled out the possibility of him being scum.
His switch to Wotts was pretty sudden, for one thing.

Top Bottom