• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu isn't the worst!

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I lovvveeeee pichu vs puff. Straight up spacing/zoning game and if You make Your reads You get a good amount of grabs.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Usage amount and tier placings don't entirely determine one's ability with a character. Mew2King could just be better with Roy than Pichu. My most used character is Marth, but my Pichu is better than my Marth because I have spent my time very carefully trying to get better with Pichu, where i just **** around with Marth. The same could apply to Mew2King. You can't really know for sure.

Hmph. I play Pichu in tournament. Except against Jigglypuff. I just can't deal with not being able to gimp very well.
Just go watch streams of M2K's Roy and Pichu, and the commentators will often mention how simple his Roy is in comparision to his Pichu.

He seems to spend a lot more time on Pichu and seems to play him and Mewtwo more in bracket. Yet still his Roy almost beat Toph's Fox and beats other respectable top tiers from time to time. His Pichu really never does this, it really only beats other low tiers and terrible players.

http://youtu.be/hBt3GI7vyPk?t=7m07s

Here's a specific example. Strong Bad; a really solid DK player, that clip he's getting bodied by M2K's Roy in the last stock 0-56% death in pretty much one throw and a combo, do I need to remind you how heavy DK is?

Should I also mention that this is a MU that is in huge favor to DK over Roy as in +2, pretty much a 70:30

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
i dont agree with alot of things you guys say

but top 13 are only viable characters lmaoooooooo
everyone else should not be played competetively and you should expect not to be top 10 players if you don't main top 8 :)

and dont say ****ing axe thats basically a 6% chance with the 10th best character in the game

Last edited:

kingPiano

Smash Ace

everyone else should not be played competetively and you should expect not to be top 10 players if you don't main top 8 :)
One word: Yoshi

and c'mon that was some weak trolling capt. obvious

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
One word: Yoshi

and c'mon that was some weak trolling capt. obvious

actually not trolling

you have a better chance of making top 100 if you play top 8 simple as that

also roy > pichu

Last edited:

kingPiano

Smash Ace
actually not trolling

you have a better chance of making top 100 if you play top 8 simple as that
Of course you do, that's why i said you're trolling. You're in a Pichu thread....we all know that a Pichu will never be a top ranked player or viable for a national. So your comment was pointless.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Of course you do, that's why i said you're trolling. You're in a Pichu thread....we all know that a Pichu will never be a top ranked player or viable for a national. So your comment was pointless.
back at discussion at hand

roy > pichu

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
The thing about Pichu is that he has tons of positive traits, but they are in large part negated by the fact that he has possibly two of the most crippling weaknesses a character can have, especially in tandem: Hurting your self, and being the lightest character in the game. However, as awful as his weaknesses may be, I think the fact that he has speed, combos, and options in general means that he should at least be above Kirby, as the current (yet extremely outdated) tier list says.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
The thing about Pichu is that he has tons of positive traits, but they are in large part negated by the fact that he has possibly two of the most crippling weaknesses a character can have, especially in tandem: Hurting your self, and being the lightest character in the game. However, as awful as his weaknesses may be, I think the fact that he has speed, combos, and options in general means that he should at least be above Kirby, as the current (yet extremely outdated) tier list says.
reeks of jontron

but either way he has limited options that arent even that good
but yeah pichu > kirbs

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Saying taking damage from hits being a crippling weakness is like saying a peach is playing badly cause they keep getting hits (making trades)

If You use them in their niche cases it's really whatever.

Dair if they'll try to cc at some percents and it's an auto reset and let's You do whatever You want.

Fair grabs/ d tilts are amazing if they don't cc , they tend to do some less at high percents and it let's You get away with auto combos.

And really the only self damaging move I use outside of recovery is the pummel cause I need that extra damage and to keep nair fresh.

Pichu's real problems are lack of solid corner pressure and sub par punishment game.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Hmm Kirby, on paper he does seems like the worst....but IDK these days. There are actually two really good players that use him and use him well against top tiers.

Triple R keeps proving that Kirby can hold his own against some great players using high tier characters.

And Mooninite actually beat Crimson Blur (2-1) in tournament only using Kirby and Crimson Blur has a very good Marth (he beat Scar 3-1 in a money match, and he's able to go toe to toe with Mango and Westballz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56a1UZcdH44

Kirby has some good hitboxes on his aerials (up air I believe acts like Pikachu's - has directional hitboxes) Dair , Fair, Bair also all good. He can duck a lot of attacks and grabs, and his tilts are also pretty good and has a few solid KO options. All his smashes are good except F-smash. He's just slow and clumsy in movement and his Side B and Down B are really bad. Most throws not good either, people hate on his dash attack but it's used by both those players in high level play....

Personally I just don't like how it feels to play him.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941

and dont say ****ing axe thats basically a 6% chance with the 10th best character in the game
First of all, I said there are only 13 viable characters, I didn't say "the top 13" there's a difference, you'll understand once you're around long enough ;)

And I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't play other characters either, I'm talking about the current metagame.

Also don't discredit amazing low tiers players with some bull**** about how their character is great.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
First of all, I said there are only 13 viable characters, I didn't say "the top 13" there's a difference, you'll understand once you're around long enough ;)

And I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't play other characters either, I'm talking about the current metagame.

Also don't discredit amazing low tiers players with some bull**** about how their character is great.
lol derf2king

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
Guys I have a new drinking game.

For every time King uses yoshi as an example of low tiers possibly doing well, we take a shot.

Then maybe we'll be as drunk as he is.

Seriously technical Yoshi in the year 2015 is no joke. He has about as much tech as a spacie, just worse until you master it.

Last edited:

xChaos

Smash Cadet
You missed the point of what I said. Mew2King's Roy being better than his Pichu isn't proof that Roy is better than Pichu overall.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Guys I have a new drinking game.

For every time King uses yoshi as an example of low tiers possibly doing well, we take a shot.

Then maybe we'll be as drunk as he is.

Seriously technical Yoshi in the year 2015 is no joke. He has about as much tech as a spacie, just worse until you master it.
*crickets* *crickets* *crickets*

Comet7, congrats. You've finally lost the final ounce of respect I had for you, yay!

Have fun making stuff up and arguing about things you have no experience with. Muted and xChaos it seems will be good company.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
honestly i haven't been taking you seriously for a while now. i only bothered to reply to you because it's the pichu section. to me, all you are is an idiot who's getting caught up on pointless things, needs to watch his mouth more, and stop discrediting everyone he talks to that doesn't agree with him.

muted knows more than you will ever know about pichu lol, dunno about xchaos, but he seems to have a brain so that's nice. you can have fun on my block list until you get some brain cells.

i'm done with you. just please stop harassing everyone that doesn't have the same sized shirt as you do.

PS: i blocked you, and damn it's funny how you discredited everyone else but have nothing to say for yourself.

Last edited:

xChaos

Smash Cadet
Oh my god all you do is bring up an argument then once it's refuted you never use evidence to support it, you instead attack the one presenting the facts. Sometimes you'll ignore it entirely and bring up another irrelevant point to distract from that. Maybe you should try to accomplish something and contribute to discussion rather than go out of your way to attack people who disagree with you.

Also you write people off saying they have no experience and stuff like that, but the claims are entirely baseless and often are towards people that know better than you do about a topic.

Last edited:

SwiftOfDaSouth

Smash Journeyman
Ouch it hurts me so, I'm blocked
Do you feel the power?

lol emo kids these days
Dude
Dude
Dude
Roy is awful
Pichu is less awful
Everyone in this thread for the most part has been a prick to each other on at least one occasion
Being a prick back isn't going to fix things.
No one cares how much respect you do or do not have for them, just like no one can understand what Muted is saying because he is secretly a team of several blind mice running across a keyboard. There. I was a prick too. Irony. Can we please stop? Christ.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Dude
Dude
Dude
Roy is awful
Pichu is less awful
Everyone in this thread for the most part has been a prick to each other on at least one occasion
Being a prick back isn't going to fix things.
No one cares how much respect you do or do not have for them, just like no one can understand what Muted is saying because he is secretly a team of several blind mice running across a keyboard. There. I was a prick too. Irony. Can we please stop? Christ.
We had already stopped, you are resurrecting it.

Let's drop the drama. Seems like people are looking for it desperately on these forums.

Best thing to do is to stop as you just advised.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Pichu's perfect agility is undeveloped. it can be used to do a dash-dance type thing on the battlefield platforms.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Pichu's perfect agility is undeveloped. it can be used to do a dash-dance type thing on the battlefield platforms.
You mean the agility teeter cancel I do? (Im not sure if I found that or not lol)
It's ok. Not super practical, but it looks cool.
You can do it on any platform btw, the trick is actually doing grounded agility, which also saves you 3 frames since you don't have to jump.

As far as perfect agility goes, it's one of those things that has a few very specific uses, but is easily over used.
The issue you run into is the startup animation before you zip around is super slow and you're vulnerable during it.
Most often, I use agility OoS or to manuever on platforms. It's also incredible from the ledge with invincibility because you can regain stage control very quickly.

Like I said, it is limited, but it has very applicable uses in specific situations.

soju

SD God
oh i didnt know he could do it on any platform ill try it out.

It makes me sad that this place is more poppin' than the pika boards

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
You mean the agility teeter cancel I do? (Im not sure if I found that or not lol)
It's ok. Not super practical, but it looks cool.
You can do it on any platform btw, the trick is actually doing grounded agility, which also saves you 3 frames since you don't have to jump.

As far as perfect agility goes, it's one of those things that has a few very specific uses, but is easily over used.
The issue you run into is the startup animation before you zip around is super slow and you're vulnerable during it.
Most often, I use agility OoS or to manuever on platforms. It's also incredible from the ledge with invincibility because you can regain stage control very quickly.

Like I said, it is limited, but it has very applicable uses in specific situations.
I just walk off the platform and then agility back to it. I'm talking about on a singular platform. which you have to walk off the platform.

Oh yeah, I don't have to walk off the platform to travel across them -_-
Perfect Agility looks swag and has the coolest applications

can anyone tell me how to make a tas, I want to show off some stuff with pichu

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I like doing doubke perfect agility against people on battlefield starting from the top platform into obnoxious stuff like up smash or grab if they catch on.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Peach vs pichu thoughts. Tired of sleazy people picking peach vs my ics. And I have better results with pichu and I'm about to break someone's face when I play ics vs luigi/peach.

Thoughts on best pressure after a cross up and what are some good options to beat stuff out? Generally I can be smart with my nairs but I'm greedy and need more ways to squeeze out damage not named empties.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Peach vs pichu thoughts. Tired of sleazy people picking peach vs my ics. And I have better results with pichu and I'm about to break someone's face when I play ics vs luigi/peach.

Thoughts on best pressure after a cross up and what are some good options to beat stuff out? Generally I can be smart with my nairs but I'm greedy and need more ways to squeeze out damage not named empties.
wrong thread for that, but I'll post some more stuff about what I think about it later in the matchup thread.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
he plays low tiers to challenge himself and **** with people

m2k is way above eikelmanns level
m2k wouldn't go roy VS Bizzaro or Kage lol
he wouldn't go roy vs me, either. he tried going pichu in tournament against me because he underestimated my skill level. then i beat his pichu and he learned his lesson.

and even after that, he tried using another one of his characters that he's actually incredible with (marth) and i beat him there as well.

i've also never played his roy so idk where you guys got that from lol

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
he wouldn't go roy vs me, either. he tried going pichu in tournament against me because he underestimated my skill level. then i beat his pichu and he learned his lesson.

and even after that, he tried using another one of his characters that he's actually incredible with (marth) and i beat him there as well.

i've also never played his roy so idk where you guys got that from lol
u like DK eikelman?

1v1 me sometime

Penguis

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2251-5625-2926
Hmm Kirby, on paper he does seems like the worst....but IDK these days. There are actually two really good players that use him and use him well against top tiers.

Triple R keeps proving that Kirby can hold his own against some great players using high tier characters.

And Mooninite actually beat Crimson Blur (2-1) in tournament only using Kirby and Crimson Blur has a very good Marth (he beat Scar 3-1 in a money match, and he's able to go toe to toe with Mango and Westballz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56a1UZcdH44

Kirby has some good hitboxes on his aerials (up air I believe acts like Pikachu's - has directional hitboxes) Dair , Fair, Bair also all good. He can duck a lot of attacks and grabs, and his tilts are also pretty good and has a few solid KO options. All his smashes are good except F-smash. He's just slow and clumsy in movement and his Side B and Down B are really bad. Most throws not good either, people hate on his dash attack but it's used by both those players in high level play....

Personally I just don't like how it feels to play him.
Well how many people know the Kirby match-up. Honestly since there aren't that many good Kirby players in the top player scene most people wouldn't know the Kirby match-up. It was like when Mango started with jigglypuff beating top players because they didn't necessary know the match-up.

Top Bottom