• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Boards Combo Video

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Yeap I'm here, settling into my flat. Yeah, as I recall, Foulplay has a recording set up so hopefully we can get some good stuff. Also, I think he said that the national tourney is on the 20th of February or something, so hopefully we can get to that. Did you say there was also something around the 30th?

Tamoo

Smash Master
The only things in the pipeline so far is a regional tournament in London on the 30th of January and a national tournament in London on what's looking like the last weekend of March. Haven't heard anything about 20th of Feb tho :confused:

Would be pretty sick if you could come down to London though, I'm in the process of a mass recording revolution for the purposes of making a UK combo video which maybe you could get your pichu into lol!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Revival bump!
We really need clips of Pichu doing amazing things, if we're gonna use this to spark popularity into Pichu's metagame, it can't just be him doing a 0-25% combo on someone, it needs to be explosive. I wish I could take Pichu to tournaments so I could get some material, but there aren't any in Adelaide as far as I know. I might host some of my own, advertise on here, not sure how many people would come though...

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry really this would take some time because there aren't any players, I don't know how to combo other than on space animals, and I wouldn't say pichu players are the greatest ever

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm sorry really this would take some time because there aren't any players, I don't know how to combo other than on space animals, and I wouldn't say pichu players are the greatest ever
I know, that's the problem. We need a thriving community to get a thriving community! GAH! :mad:

How about this, we start working on cleaning the Pichu Boards up, create useful stickied threads and get some genuine discussion going on. Get Pichu's framedata, guides to using him with the minimal amount of self-inflicted damage, have a whole guide to his up-b, etc...

After we've worked out what's good and what isn't in the Pichu world, we can work on this vid.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think it's safe to say that I know more about pichu's tech skill and up-b stuff than anyone else So I help a lot or start it up.

But yeah i'm still figureing out new ideas and stuff for pichu and somewhere I posted some ungodly nerdly frame data on his b-throw's frame data for every single person even in PAL.

Oh i'm watching green hill at school and I saw this sence where they were talking about how one mouse outsmarted 3 grown men. I'll out for it on youtube.

But if I make a guide I want some people posting advice.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I think it's safe to say that I know more about pichu's tech skill and up-b stuff than anyone else So I help a lot or start it up.

But yeah i'm still figureing out new ideas and stuff for pichu and somewhere I posted some ungodly nerdly frame data on his b-throw's frame data for every single person even in PAL.

Oh i'm watching green hill at school and I saw this sence where they were talking about how one mouse outsmarted 3 grown men. I'll out for it on youtube.

But if I make a guide I want some people posting advice.
Hold on there mate, I can do all of Pichu's ATs near 100% of the time as well :bee:
I think the main thing we need to figure out is how to kill people reliably, Pichu doesn't have a spike or a good killing move like Fox's Usmash, so what other ways can we do it, is Wall of Pain a possibility? If so I'm coining the term Electric Fence right here and now.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm still coming up with ideas I haven't told people like how pichu can go diagonal with his up-B twice to make it longer, if you smash his side-B it goes farther when recovering, up-B onto platforms laglessly and useing wall jumps when on the edge to get back on.

I'm simplely saying i'm the biggest nerd and know the ins and outs of this one move to a ******** level.

Hey the electric fence is a great name for how I camp in pichu dittos. I spam B and wd back and F-smash pity it won't work on anyone esle I mean it's like wding back into fox's jab but worse range.

But hey whatever you know I would love to know unless it's one of your tricks for mindgames then you can keep it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm still coming up with ideas I haven't told people like how pichu can go diagonal with his up-B twice to make it longer, if you smash his side-B it goes farther when recovering, up-B onto platforms laglessly and useing wall jumps when on the edge to get back on.

I'm simplely saying i'm the biggest nerd and know the ins and outs of this one move to a ******** level.

Hey the electric fence is a great name for how I camp in pichu dittos. I spam B and wd back and F-smash pity it won't work on anyone esle I mean it's like wding back into fox's jab but worse range.

But hey whatever you know I would love to know unless it's one of your tricks for mindgames then you can keep it.
You need to teach me the diagonal up-b trick, that sounds awesome.

My Pichu playstyle involves spamming B, waiting for them to screw up so I can use a short hopped nair and then start with the combos.

One of my favourite strategies is using Bair like a wall, when they are coming from above I jump and then use Bair with a bit of Zig-Zaggy movement for unpredictability.

I think our best ways of killing people should be set up by a back throw, which sends them off the stage. Then depending on the character, we Electric Fence (Wall of Pain :p) them with Nair and B, or predict their recovery and do an up-smash or another back throw.

Opinions?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well pikachu's back-throw has much more kcockback and they can't really follow up aLL that great 100%.

I would have to see the bair thing myself I'm amazing at playing theory like about n90% of all my ideas come from playing smash in my head but I would have to see the bair thing myself in person to judge same as B camping non pichu players. Because I could see how it would work/fail but also technically pichu could always fail no matter what he does.

Something i found out about pikachu's bair that when he uses it against a sheild and they sheild grab he can duck under it and punish the grab thinking what i'm thinking? we coulld try it out also and we should miss our L-cancel(maybe not) on this becuase his L-cancel is 15 frames and ours is 7 so yeah. I want to test this but my little brother is playing right now.

also to up-B diagonally twice you press up-B to the upper right/left side(like you press upper right/left then B I believe I'm not doing it right now so yeah) and you press it twice it's somewhat hard and i'm trying to pefect it to max out how far I can recover

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
well pikachu's back-throw has much more kcockback and they can't really follow up aLL that great 100%.

I would have to see the bair thing myself I'm amazing at playing theory like about n90% of all my ideas come from playing smash in my head but I would have to see the bair thing myself in person to judge same as B camping non pichu players. Because I could see how it would work/fail but also technically pichu could always fail no matter what he does.

Something i found out about pikachu's bair that when he uses it against a sheild and they sheild grab he can duck under it and punish the grab thinking what i'm thinking? we coulld try it out also and we should miss our L-cancel(maybe not) on this becuase his L-cancel is 15 frames and ours is 7 so yeah. I want to test this but my little brother is playing right now.

also to up-B diagonally twice you press up-B to the upper right/left side(like you press upper right/left then B I believe I'm not doing it right now so yeah) and you press it twice it's somewhat hard and i'm trying to pefect it to max out how far I can recover
It's hard to explain the bair thing, but yeah, it works.
I'll try out the Up-B diagonally thing, that sounds really useful, especially for maxing our recovery if we do go with the WoP idea.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone esle love when they figure out someone's patterns? like teching and rolling like I love to just do a running bair before they even tech and for them to run staight into it or to charge a F-smash and they go into it.

Or at the begining of the match he would stay on the edge near me and roll before U attacked and I would simple F-smash where he was going to roll.

I love it I feel like I'm a mind reader like drakrain.

Also thanks no one ever says i'm cute

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Does anyone esle love when they figure out someone's patterns? like teching and rolling like I love to just do a running bair before they even tech and for them to run staight into it or to charge a F-smash and they go into it.

Or at the begining of the match he would stay on the edge near me and roll before U attacked and I would simple F-smash where he was going to roll.

I love it I feel like I'm a mind reader like drakrain.

Also thanks no one ever says i'm cute
Sorry Carzy, I didn't say you were cute I said the video was cute :p

I have a friend who plays Pikachu and he loves to roll, F-Smash is his greatest enemy.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
After playing bushido blade I think we need to work out a safer way to play as pichu we will always have to take our risks and I still will but pichu can't take hits to save his life and grabs are terrible vs him. But yeah we need some defense ideas also that would help him caught more mistakes.

also why do you get my hopes up like that?

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
Still no progress on this? Ugh... I've given up on Melee competitively, I mean I've come into the scene so late that I'm at a major disadvantage. Plus I can't get , my fingers to move fast at all. I just need to keep practicing before i go to any tournaments that aren't among friends.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Still no progress on this? Ugh... I've given up on Melee competitively, I mean I've come into the scene so late that I'm at a major disadvantage. Plus I can't get , my fingers to move fast at all. I just need to keep practicing before i go to any tournaments that aren't among friends.
No material = No progress, we need videos of Pichu performing at his absolute best (This video is supposed to spark interest for possible new Pichu players after all) and we are trying to think of the best way to do that.

@ICG
We have two options for that
a) Play defensivley, mainly using Neutral B and Forward Smash, rarely going for combos.
b) Find some way to easily escape or dodge with Pichu.

Unfortunately, Pichu has a crap wavedash, small Roll and is very susceptible to grabs, that equals a bad defensive game. We could explore using Perfect Up-B as a retreating move?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well there are still big tournments and melee had it's biggest tournment ever like 2 months ago, there are many players where you are. Really some people would argue this is a new peak to melee. I mean i'm going to keep playing melee till I can't then I may just host big tournments.

I don't think my fingers are all that fast then I figured out I can SHDL out of a shine as fox of course i don't use X/Y but still is fairly fast.

Are you fast enough to do the following?

wavedash
SHFFL
dash dance

becuase that's all you really need and it took me 6 months to be able to wave dash good and still i made mistakes and now I can wd the max lengh most of the time and do all kinds things with it like wd to up-tilt.

Really I don't think finger speed is a problem unless your talking about the up-B tricks with pichu becuase really for most of them it isn't speed but timing.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOooooo grimy

if you say pichu has a crap wavedash your doing it wrong I max it out like even my sheik's wd is useful.

Pichu has a huge roll compare it to other rolls heck I was playing someone and he said dude that's a big roll. Of course he was a yoshi player.

but pichu's wd is longer than marth's sword and that's all alone really needs unless your chain throwing fox as luigi.

I would say for pichu's frame he has a good grab range which isn't saying much.

I want to try useing his retardedly small size for defence i've used sode-B and landed right in front of falcon a few times and he when to down-smash it when right over my head. But yeah I'm going to go test that bair stuff today. maybe it will help with the sheik match-up

horray for walls of text.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
well there are still big tournments and melee had it's biggest tournment ever like 2 months ago, there are many players where you are. Really some people would argue this is a new peak to melee. I mean i'm going to keep playing melee till I can't then I may just host big tournments.

I don't think my fingers are all that fast then I figured out I can SHDL out of a shine as fox of course i don't use X/Y but still is fairly fast.

Are you fast enough to do the following?

wavedash
SHFFL
dash dance

becuase that's all you really need and it took me 6 months to be able to wave dash good and still i made mistakes and now I can wd the max lengh most of the time and do all kinds things with it like wd to up-tilt.

Really I don't think finger speed is a problem unless your talking about the up-B tricks with pichu becuase really for most of them it isn't speed but timing.

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOooooo grimy

if you say pichu has a crap wavedash your doing it wrong I max it out like even my sheik's wd is useful.

Pichu has a huge roll compare it to other rolls heck I was playing someone and he said dude that's a big roll. Of course he was a yoshi player.

but pichu's wd is longer than marth's sword and that's all alone really needs unless your chain throwing fox as luigi.

I would say for pichu's frame he has a good grab range which isn't saying much.

I want to try useing his retardedly small size for defence i've used sode-B and landed right in front of falcon a few times and he when to down-smash it when right over my head. But yeah I'm going to go test that bair stuff today. maybe it will help with the sheik match-up

horray for walls of text.
I guess I'm just underwhelmed by Pichu's wavedash because my main is ICs and I also use G&W, who have quite good wavedashes. Is it just me, or is it harder to wavedash with Pichu than other characters? I often find myself triangle dashing instead.

Sheik isn't a problem for me cause I got PAL :p

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You will never know the joy of fighting m2k's sheik and getting chain thrown for 15 minutes staight and to barely survice from the f-tilt fair at 90ish% only to get grabed again into fair.

Well I play as ice climbers also and I wd A LOT you need to max it out to get anything out of pichu's. But for the longest time I couldn't wd without nana but now i can wd as everyone in the game.

also

wavedash >>>>>>>>> down-smash bong bong bong bong ha ha yep yep yaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh woah bong bong bong donw-smash.

If you didn't know that's wd down-smash taunt fox dies more wding and smashing

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
F*** the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pichu is getting better, this is more than enough proof of all the things i've discovered was totally unknown or in some cases not even used. LOL tjis is the best pichu has ever been and it's only up from here LOL bottom tier.

Hey how about something more important than a combo video right now, how about a how to do stuff with pichu video that's well edited.

We could include all the details of the perfect up-B(or the other names it's been called like up-B cancel or whatever), uses on platforms, how you can automaticly do it on some places like on battlefeild's platforms or on congo jungle 64's middle part.

and show how much brake space you have for hittin an edge or platform.

The diagonal up-B thing and showing how far it can reach on Fd

how to max out side-Bs distance when useing it smash the stick don't tilt it and you will make it one pichu longer(an inch is an inch) show how a fully charged side-B can easily be canceled on the edges of FD or PS if you roll to the other end.

But you would have to go over the perfect up-B a lot and show real time uses for it and how you need to use the stick to make it way easier

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
F*** the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pichu is getting better, this is more than enough proof of all the things i've discovered was totally unknown or in some cases not even used. LOL tjis is the best pichu has ever been and it's only up from here LOL bottom tier.

Hey how about something more important than a combo video right now, how about a how to do stuff with pichu video that's well edited.

We could include all the details of the perfect up-B(or the other names it's been called like up-B cancel or whatever), uses on platforms, how you can automaticly do it on some places like on battlefeild's platforms or on congo jungle 64's middle part.

and show how much brake space you have for hittin an edge or platform.

The diagonal up-B thing and showing how far it can reach on Fd

how to max out side-Bs distance when useing it smash the stick don't tilt it and you will make it one pichu longer(an inch is an inch) show how a fully charged side-B can easily be canceled on the edges of FD or PS if you roll to the other end.

But you would have to go over the perfect up-B a lot and show real time uses for it and how you need to use the stick to make it way easier
Best use for Perfect Up-B I've used so far is, Bthrow > Perfect Up-B > Usmash.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I have no idea what to think about what just happened. I just clanked with marth's tippered F-smash with pichu's up-tilt and d-tilt i've even clanked jab with his f-tilt tippered.

I have never been so confuesed in my life, all I know is i've been playing to much bushido blade and pichu clanking with marth's f-smash may be my new sig.

But yeah so far up-B only really leads to a random up-smash and approaching or breaking their wall.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had my own recording setup, then I could get more Pichu footage up :D Hopefully the matches I played vs Shieks and Marths were recorded (where I won wtf? Impossible..) because even I'd like to see what I did, since those matchups are just flat out impossible. Though, it was PAL, so shiek's CG didn't work.

At any rate, if I get some Pichu-Falco MMs during GT2 in London, hopefully some fun stuff happens and I can make some contribution to this video :D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Marth isn't that bad sheik is worse really I think I fair decently vs marth, I really never have a plan but it seems to work I can beat my brother's marth about 60% or the time but when I pick marth he wins 60% of the time, plus I have 2 stocked SALT's marth of cousre they were the only ones I took in that match so yeah.

Plus marth can't edge gaurd you without you making HUGE mistakes. I think peach is worse than marth at least to me.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Truth is you have to be smarter than them for about every match-up. But I don't think i've ever seen a smart marth pichu is really good at making people want to hit him. In truth a smart anyone should beat pichu simplely by tilting him away and smart walking(to avoid down-B).

Waaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit I just thought about something, techically I don't think people can truely outspace pichu, think about it. lets say pichu is flying thought the air(frame by frame) at them they start to f-tilt when you are about to hit, you could start diing back to avoid the hit and punish the lag or airdodge downwards to avoid the hit and quickly punish same for on the ground. After thinking if in theory bros frame by frame pichu could still beat out his range problems with his wits/speed. I know this is impossible but it means that it is impossible to truely outspace pichu even frame by frame. So if we play real life it's totally legit to beat someone as pichu.

To me this means it's possible for pichu to have a good match-up. I feel a little more inspired and a little wiser knowing NOTHING is truely impossible for pichu. Even when they use perfect frame data they still can't 100% win. It's unlikely but yeah melee isn't broken like brwal.

But yeah it's only uphill from here on the tier list and I plan on mastering the marth match-up if at all possible :).

Top Bottom