• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pichu Boards Combo Video

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So, for those of you didn't look at my previous thread here (Increase Board Activity) we (meaning me, Wool, Insane Carzy Guy and zack152) came up with the idea to make a Pichu Combo video and enter it into the SmashBoards Combo Video Competition.

We think that this would be a great way to give the Pichu Board more publicity, and get more people playing as our favourite little rodent, maybe even move him above Kirby on the tier list!

Obviously the comp is over now, but the project is far from it!

But before we jump straight into making the video, there are a few things we need to work out:
1. Music.
What music will be playing in the combo video? We are mainly looking for a song which starts off sad and slow, but gets faster and more upbeat as it goes along. If you have any suggestions please post them here, when we have enough suggestions I will set up a poll.
Current Suggestions:
Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment - Static-X
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Dogs - Pink Floyd
Let There Be More Than Light - Pink Floyd
Random Techno Remix
Points of Authority - Linkin Park
Path - Apocolyptica
Votes: 1
Otsegolectric - Static-X
Grease Lightning - Grease
We Are the Champions - Queen

2. Name.
Every good combo video needs a good name, wether it be a pun, a showcase of Pichu's awesomeness or whatever. Once again, please submit your ideas and we might do a poll sometime in the future. NOTE: We may just use the title of the song, but that isn't very original.
Current Suggestions:
Oh no! I missed Fox!
Too Good For Brawl
Pichu Pwnage
Worst Character? Sadly Mistaken.

3. Clips.
Obviously we need some wicked combos. So, if you have some killer combos please show us! Please don't send us some match you filmed with your camcorder against a LV9 Fox. We want real matches and good quality!

This thread will also be for discussing how the video will flow, wether a clip/song/name is good or not, and other random discussion about this project.

What are you waiting for? Start brainstorming!

~Tuesday.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
I'll edit this post; just want to post this now.

Zack152 not Zack125 =P lol

-I'll come with a suggestion of a song and a title when I think of some that are good. I tried to think of some right now but they suck.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey I don't think you should use dogs unless you use just the 1st 5 minutes of the song it's 17:17 long amazing song but dude no way really I,m just a hardcore pink floyd fan who listened to that song 6 times in a row.

I may get some clips up but right now I don't have the will power.

zack152

Smash Journeyman
Ill find out if any of the matches from the tournament I recently went to were recorded and Ill try and post some clips for ya =D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey no need to spam ok man. You should at least make it seem like your trying to do something. I may be able might be able to upload some clips worth looking at my I can't see, been puking, and a really sick mental thing going on right now(I feels like I,ve been taking a hit every 15 minutes since saturday and mind is slow and I have to go fast(really I need to be thinking rapid fire like a machine gun) why you never do drugs kids). Plus my computer is slow so yeah

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Hey no need to spam ok man. You should at least make it seem like your trying to do something. I may be able might be able to upload some clips worth looking at my I can't see, been puking, and a really sick mental thing going on right now(I feels like I,ve been taking a hit every 15 minutes since saturday and mind is slow and I have to go fast(really I need to be thinking rapid fire like a machine gun) why you never do drugs kids). Plus my computer is slow so yeah
**** man. I hope you get better soon. It wasn't really spam, I bumped once in case it was losing attention, (I forgot I was in the Pichu boards, so no thread would overtake it), you're allowed to do that i'm pretty sure.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I,m feeling great I have all the craziness back in my head this morning was thinkiing about pandas driving cars and how the cars would have to be built. I was getting the clips but my computer crashed in between it so I want to only do the better clips but anything you want for your video? edge gaurd down-smash spikes or what? Is it ok if it's old and stuff?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I,m feeling great I have all the craziness back in my head this morning was thinkiing about pandas driving cars and how the cars would have to be built. I was getting the clips but my computer crashed in between it so I want to only do the better clips but anything you want for your video? edge gaurd down-smash spikes or what? Is it ok if it's old and stuff?
Any stuff is fine, old or new. Looking for really flashy stuff though, strange combos that you can't just guess what move he will do next (*cough* every Falcon Combo Video *cough).

Glad to hear you're feeling better (and more crazy :laugh:)

SFAT

Smash Ace
Can I be in this video lol? I love Pichu. And my Pichu is pretty tight I must say... Or is this just an exclusive Pichu Combo video?

I dont really post on the Pichu boards because I thought they were exstinct hahaha.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
If you have good clips by all means post them here. I love pichu videos. Hey do you know about pichu's up-B mechicals and junk? Or anything sorry I always try to learn or teach.

SFAT

Smash Ace
I'll post some as soon as I can haha.

Noope, Dont really know any fancy things with Pichu. I just imply all my other characters into my pichu. But Im learning haha.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
His up-B gives him more ways to approach, punish, move, tech chase, and mess with them. An fairly easy thing to do is is jump on a platform and shield they will hit form below and you can up-B to them and get a grab or something

zack152

Smash Journeyman
His up-B gives him more ways to approach, punish, move, tech chase, and mess with them. An fairly easy thing to do is is jump on a platform and shield they will hit form below and you can up-B to them and get a grab or something
I actually tried the platform thing and it didnt work. The top platform on places is just a little too high and you have to go on an angle from the other platforms to ensure you dont get the landing lag. You can however do your up b as they are appoaching the platform and get behind them as there doing there attack and grab or whatever them as they land

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Sorry for not responding to this guys :(
I have SO much stuff going on, with my school graduation approaching and stuff.
I'm reviewing all the videos you guys have put in and choosing the best clips.

I'm starting the poll now for names and songs, you can see the current list on the main page, if you want to vote just make a comment or PM me. If you want to add an option or change your vote, once again, just post or PM.

I was thinking at the start, we have like:
FEATURING:
Lord Sunday - (Picture of Red Pichu)
t0mmy - (Picture of Green Pichu)
etc...
What colours do you guys use?

zack152

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for not responding to this guys :(
I have SO much stuff going on, with my school graduation approaching and stuff.
I'm reviewing all the videos you guys have put in and choosing the best clips.

I'm starting the poll now for names and songs, you can see the current list on the main page, if you want to vote just make a comment or PM me. If you want to add an option or change your vote, once again, just post or PM.

I was thinking at the start, we have like:
FEATURING:
Lord Sunday - (Picture of Red Pichu)
t0mmy - (Picture of Green Pichu)
etc...
What colours do you guys use?
I play blue pichu. Im going to a tournament this weekend so Ill get plenty of clips there that I can give to ya

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
oh yeah he would be much better sheik is no longer the worse match-up in all of smash. We are the chapmions by queen I get kicked in the face and sad stuff and then it's WE ARE THE CHAMPOINS MY FRIEND AND WE'LL KEEP FIGHTING TILL THE END or something like that.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
oh yeah he would be much better sheik is no longer the worse match-up in all of smash. We are the chapmions by queen I get kicked in the face and sad stuff and then it's WE ARE THE CHAMPOINS MY FRIEND AND WE'LL KEEP FIGHTING TILL THE END or something like that.
Seems a bit slow... but I'll add it none the less.
Shame I'm hopeless with Peach, Peach Combo Video with Killer Queen = Epic.

Don't forget to start voting guys, I put my vote on Path XD

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey have you looked at tuna's matches? they are the most amazing pichu matches on youtube as of now. I really don't combo as much as I would like to I'm more mental. But i've got some crazy ideas that if they do work WOW.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I was going to try to go to Tunes on Saturday to get some footage for this, but it got snowed out. I'll try to get some videos up if I smash with someone who actually has a recording set up ~_~

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
I was going to try to go to Tunes on Saturday to get some footage for this, but it got snowed out. I'll try to get some videos up if I smash with someone who actually has a recording set up ~_~
Go to the next saffron or No johns i'll be there, do I hear pichu ditto?

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I would love to, but I'm going abroad for a semester and won't be around <_> Leaving pretty soon, so I won't be getting into the tourney scene here any time soon

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I've actually been told that I'll get a couple chances to play with Zeppo, Fouplay, and the rest of them since they're pretty close to where I'm going to be abroad. Should be fun to play them.

Edit: Also, he definitely doesn't only play Pichu. He likes to mess around with low tiers, but I think he's a falcon player.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I mostly use the backpack because there's a head in it to make pichu heavier that or I just di better. Also I know more than I can do.

Top Bottom