• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
AA5 box art.

Lovin' it.
Nice. I'm pumped for this.... But if Maya is the Murder victim on the last case.... Let's say that I'll need to replace my 3DS... I've never heard of one surviving a fall from three stories.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Nice. I'm pumped for this.... But if Maya is the Murder victim on the last case.... Let's say that I'll need to replace my 3DS... I've never heard of one surviving a fall from three stories.
Why would you think that would happen?

I really don't see how anyone would think that Maya would be killed in this game. She's probably just going to continue the spirit medium thing and never play a big role in any case, since she's probably pretty good at contacting the dead now, and that would be a little too helpful in some cases.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Why would you think that would happen?

I really don't see how anyone would think that Maya would be killed in this game. She's probably just going to continue the spirit medium thing and never play a big role in any case, since she's probably pretty good at contacting the dead now, and that would be a little too helpful in some cases.
It just seems that Capcom may pull that stunt JUST for a good case for closure. Maybe in the end Maya left Phoenix a heartfelt letter and planned on giving it to him, but she never got to.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

Minato

穏やかじゃない
On my phone, but AA5 confirmed for fall this year it looks like.

Might be digital only.

Edit: confirmed to be digital only

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wait.
She falls offa cliff?

Aww well, she'll be okay.
Phoenix Wright has survived all kindsa **** that would normally kill or injure a man. The Maya things probably just to make the case more personal. I don't think she'll die though. Far too popular a character.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The new voice sound weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. :/

Digital only is strange, but I have the first three stuck on my Wii, so it doesn't bother me too much. And maybe there's some hope for an AAI2 digital release, one day.

Dual Destinies is an interesting name.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I would've liked Capcom to at least do a physical LE at their own store, but regardless, Day 1. I was expecting Capcom to be slow and releasing this next year, but I'm glad I was wrong. LttP2, Pokemon, SMT4, and Mario & Luigi's going to keep me busy enough already this year.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm content with a digital version simply because we could not have gotten anything at all (AAI2). Seems like this series isn't popular enough to get physical sales out of it. Couple of things though...

1. I actually don't mind Wright's voice. Though we've only heard "Objection", it sounds pretty good to me.
2. Why do digital copies cost just as much as physical copies if you take out the packaging/middle man? >_>

Minato

穏やかじゃない
1. I actually don't mind Wright's voice. Though we've only heard "Objection", it sounds pretty good to me.
2. Why do digital copies cost just as much as physical copies if you take out the packaging/middle man? >_>
I'm pretty sure it's Sam Riegel, since he sounds the same as in UMvC3. I still like it though, but Ben Judd's voice for Wright just felt iconic. And yeah... digital copies really should be cheaper. The bright side is some states don't have to pay sales tax for digital items I guess.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm liking what I'm seeing, even if this means that Phoenix Wrong will likely enter into Miku Miku Dance for Parodies.

While I'd like to get a physical release of the game, I'd rather go digital the bust, considering I bought Fire Emblem as digital. Now I need to go get a healthy sized SD card.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Trucy isn't surprising, but I'm glad to see her.

Edgeworth looks like he's working as a prosecutor, as happy as I am to see that he is in the game, I'm hoping he isn't the prosecutor for most of the cases. I want to see what the new prosecutor's role is.

I also want to see Apollo not get limited to one flashback case.

I'm checking out that demo, even though I can't really understand it, but I like the music.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wow, I got through the demo without getting penalized, and I didn't understand what I was reading. Though everything felt pretty obvious, I think I may have only needed to guess on the first objection.

But that music, I can't wait for this game now. I also hope Capcom decides to translate the demo, I'd love to see a little more detail on the few things I did pick up on, before the game comes out anyways.

I'm also interested in what else they can do with Kokone's Athena's emotion reading thing.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That
Wait.
She falls offa cliff?

Aww well, she'll be okay.
Phoenix Wright has survived all kindsa **** that would normally kill or injure a man. The Maya things probably just to make the case more personal. I don't think she'll die though. Far too popular a character.
I meant that my 3ds will not Survive. I don't know about Maya... Commander shepherd was popular too.... :p

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Random Q, but is voice acting only going to be in cut scenes? I find it weird to see the characters in court making their statements, lips moving, but nothing coming out.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
On my phone, but the MH4 and AA5 Nintendo Direct was today. Video should be uploaded already. Pearl and Klavier were shown.

2:42 is where the trailer officially starts

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I am seriously pumped for this now! Was really awesome when Apollo talked about reaching a different truth than Phoenix. This game is looking to be awesome! :grin:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Part of me really wants Edgeworth to be voiced by Crispin Freeman.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Still looking forward to AA5. Been looking forward to it since it was first announced, followed by crickets. Still hoping for AAI2, though even if I have to wait for the fan translation to finish, one way or another I'm playing it.

STOKED for Maya to come back. It'll suck if they kill her off...here's hoping that's not a thing that happens. Frankly though, I really hope we see Pearl again. She's gotta be, what, 17 or something now? That's as old as Maya was when we met her. Just imagine... EDIT: OMG, it's an actual thing???

Also, I'm really glad to see that not only is Phoenix the main character again, but that they didn't just throw Apollo out like I kind of feared they would. I know that he wasn't liked by everyone, but I thought that his and Trucy's story arc had a lot of potential.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yeap. Pearly's in the game.
Also, some alternate AA5 box art (Japan, obviously).
Third is my favorite.

Top Bottom