• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 5 - Jan 30 - Dallas, TX = Dojo / Razer / Gnes = UTD Zac's last tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
This is different, Grey. It's a special kind of setup in Brawl where you're only allowed to use PT. :D

But yeah man, I'll bring my DS so we can battle too. Hylian and PX broke my heart when the Austin carpool had to leave early...I wanted to win some money. XD

As far as side events, I'd prefer low tier doubles over secondaries, but I'd be fine with secondaries as well as long as it's like a $2 or $3 entry fee.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
This is different, Grey. It's a special kind of setup in Brawl where you're only allowed to use PT. :D

But yeah man, I'll bring my DS so we can battle too. Hylian and PX broke my heart when the Austin carpool had to leave early...I wanted to win some money. XD

As far as side events, I'd prefer low tier doubles over secondaries, but I'd be fine with secondaries as well as long as it's like a $2 or $3 entry fee.
Red: If there are LT Teams, we should team up. :D

Yellow: You have yet to play me. :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, we've already discussed how our tournaments run. Our tournaments are laid back and not national level, and barely regional level. There is no sense in making this tournament series more expensive. Alot of people come to Dallas to have fun and emjoy a competitive, but stress-free, weekend.

If it so happens that it gains more tournament entries, then the entry fee for doubles will increase. However, as it stands, there is no need to. I would appreciate if you don't bring up matters that have already been settled before. Zac already explained it before.
If that's your reasoning, make singles $5.

Otherwise, what you just posted is BS, because singles still gets the same price and same level of stress and seriousness, while doubles is considered a crappy little meaningless side event that is worth 25% as much.

If they are of the same value, it's fine. Just treat them more equally. IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO AS A HOST AND A PLAYER.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
If that's your reasoning, make singles $5.

Otherwise, what you just posted is BS, because singles still gets the same price and same level of stress and seriousness, while doubles is considered a crappy little meaningless side event that is worth 25% as much.

If they are of the same value, it's fine. Just treat them more equally. IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO AS A HOST AND A PLAYER.
It is their tournament, they will do what they want to do. ( As they should) Please leave us alone. We are tired of hearing about your meaningless rants.

Billys post makes perfect sense, just go away

Bwett

Smash Ace
We will treat the tournaments as they have been treated in the past. Until a majority of people voice a problem to the entry fee, or a substantial group of OoC or OoS feel they need a higher pot to justify coming, the entry fee remains.

Also, just because the entry fee is smaller for doubles doesn't mean it is regarded as any less of an event. It just means that you pay less to get in. Keep in mind, "substantial" means "not just you". If you have a problem with the entry fee of our tournament, get over it. If you plan on coming to our tournament, I better not hear you complaining about the entry fee or stages. You knew from the beginning what stages were legal, entry fee, and all rules. If you knew you would have a problem with it, then you either shouldn't have come or shouldn't have participated in the tournament. I really have no problem kicking you out for ruining the atmosphere with your negativity while everyone else is having fun.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's a pretty strict list of counterpick stages, the only exception is Pictochat. After each tournament (and before the next) I ask people if I should take Pictochat off or leave it, and everyone says leave it. It's not as bad as some other stages like Japes or Norfair, for example.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
lmao wtf Blast how did you remember your account info? You forgot it like the day you made it.

Edit: Blast is one of the few Local players left. He's been dying to travel to a tournament, and I kept promising to get him a ride but kept forgetting until it was too late and he couldn't take off of work lol.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I'm no expert at venues on school property (if it is school property), but aren't they usually free? Is this "venue" fee for something else like brownies/other refreshments?

Sorry I'm a cheapo.......

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If there is enough interest for Low Tier Doubles/Singles instead of Random Character Doubles/Singles, I'll gladly switch it at the tournament. No need to ask here, I'll just poll everyone as they sign up. =)

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I'm no expert at venues on school property (if it is school property), but aren't they usually free? Is this "venue" fee for something else like brownies/other refreshments?

Sorry I'm a cheapo.......
Since it's an apartment complex, not school property I pay to rent the venue. We could just show up and hope that it's not reserved during the12 hours we're there, but in order to -reserve- it, you have to pay moeny.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would too cause I have to support my fellow Lucas Mains.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Since it's an apartment complex, not school property I pay to rent the venue. We could just show up and hope that it's not reserved during the12 hours we're there, but in order to -reserve- it, you have to pay moeny.
Thanks for clarification. I'm cool with that.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Monica told me they're adding Melee to this? I want to see that added to the first post.

Although I'm interested in coming with or without it. Dallas crew is too cool.

Who can house San Antonio? It'll be 4-5 players. 6-7 if Austin tags along with us or more people don't flake out.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I asked Dojo to put it on the first post. Zac, are you going to talk to Bluezaft? Or should I? And let the Houston Melee people know too?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Updated the OP to include MELEE and Brawl Minus as the side event. Brawl Minus is a blast, you guys will love it =D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brawl Minus omg ******** lmao.

Wario sounds SUPER broken in that. Invincible Jabs, 1 frame attacks, all sorts of bull**** lol.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom