• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Ch!bi

Smash Cadet
Oh don't worry my sanity went out the window long ago. So I guess I'll fit right in?
Most likely. =P Everyone's always seemed pretty friendly on the Pika boards as far as I've seen. ^^ Welcome altairian.

@KayLo-Yeah, I've been to the Drexel game room before. Would it be ok for me to join you guys to play sometimes even though I'm not part of ToS? ^^;

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I've actually seen clips from the first link. Some of them are really funny. Like, strange funny. The pokemon clip made me lol.

altairian

Smash Lord
Pretty sick stuff, the pika combo toward the end with the QaC Uair in the middle was really sick. My only gripe was in high quality the top and bottom of the screen were cut off.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Hai! I've comained pika for 4 days now, and you may know me if you go on the chat a lot. Ill be playing against someone with him for the first time tomorrow and there will probably be footage. Just wanted to introduce myself :D. I use red cap.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Thanks! My first matchup knowledge with him is gonna be against toon link o.O (sasukebowser). He was pretty good last time I played him, I look forward to seeing how he's improved (which I'll measure with my peach since pika is new and yoshi gets ***** by tl).

gallax

Smash Hero
pika is gaining popularity. all of a sudden, we have a pika training facility in orlando...

and if you want some good toon link vids ive got some in the vid section. and ive got advice for the MU.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I used Pikachu before he was cool. :<
Yeah so did I.
Anyways welcome aboard fellow truckerchu trainer. I also mained Yoshi at some point.
Pika does well IMO against TL (55/45 pika anyone?) but SB is pretty good so watch out.

BTW isn't he the best TL here in SoCal? Rock does pretty good but isn't SB better. awnser pl0x.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I played soooo many matches with MikeHaze! Those matches were so fun, for me at least. I think I enjoy losing, lol. I probably only won like 5 of my matches out of the 237448 we played. I only saved some of the matches. I didn't bother saving matches where we got stupid SDs or where he was doing some obvious sandbagging, he did it a lot. x.x I even got some replays where I got 3 stocked. :( I did a lot better than I thought I would, especially the last few matches we did. :) I played pretty dumb in most of the matches though, like doing really stupid QA movements and falling for the same thing over and over with my predictable spot dodging. I couldn't help it! I did really well on my DI though, as did he. I was surviving at high percents on a lot of my stocks. I'm so glad I got to play him. Very fun person to play and he's also a pretty cool guy. I feel so much comfortable with the Marth MU now. :) I don't know when the vids will be up. That's all up to Espy since the replays were saved on his wii.

So yeah, I got wrecked but I learned a lot. Any questions?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Glad to hear you learned a lot and had fun, Prime. <333 Share your new knowledge with us, please!

I hope the vids are up soon.... I really wanna see them.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Since he's not getting banned, and *****ing about him isn't going to help, I decided to make him a strong secondary.

Although Pika's pretty viable on his own, Pika + Zelda still isn't a great combination for tournaments. I needed a better secondary.

I've failed at playing Snake too many times to count, playing DDD bores me to tears, and the fact is that MK is the best secondary for any character.... so. Yeah. If I'm going to be serious about tournies when I get back, there's no reason not to pick him up for real. Besides that, playing as MK will help me know the matchup better for Pikachu and whoever else I decide to play.

But Pika's my main for life. <333

I'll be using MK more often nowadays to get practice with him, though. Zelda's going on the back burner for a while since she's really only useful for low tiers..... :urg:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

I'll be using MK more often nowadays to get practice with him, though. Zelda's going on the back burner for a while since she's really only useful for low tiers..... :urg:
Still, you might want to practice a LOT with mk before he's a worthy secondary. Most people pick him thinking, "Oh lol, he'll win me the match since he's so good, even though I rarely play him."

Any player worth his salt can beat a person who rarely plays mk and picks him. lol.

Tbh, Mk is much better as a main, but that's just my opinion.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Most people pick him thinking, "Oh lol, he'll win me the match since he's so good, even though I rarely play him."

Any player worth his salt can beat a person who rarely plays mk and picks him. lol.
Give my intelligence a little more credit. I'm not the greatest player ever, but I don't play into scrub mentality.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Give my intelligence a little more credit. I'm not the greatest player ever, but I don't play into scrub mentality.

I know, but I just felt like saying it anyway. :p

Just a little warning, like telling someone who is walking by a shark pool, "Don't jump in there, they'll kill you." It's common sense.

then you give him some ***/**** and tell him sharks are friends. Enjoy the show, then clean up afterwards.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447

I know, but I just felt like saying it anyway. :p

Just a little warning, like telling someone who is walking by a shark pool, "Don't jump in there, they'll kill you." It's common sense.
Gotcha. <3

MK is still the best secondary for Pika, though, if you were implying otherwise in your post before last. If you can play him as well as you can anyone else, he will cover your bad matchups better than any other character will. That's just the sad truth.

I was sort of holding out for a day when he might get banned, but it's becoming obvious that that's not ever going to happen. :(

EDIT: Because I feel like it, and I love this commercial, lol.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I1dkZZhAd1k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I1dkZZhAd1k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Top Bottom