• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Didn't you try picking him up before and gave up saying he sucks?

What MUs are giving you the most trouble for your Samus/ROB?
yea. but at this point, i need something to get me interested in brawl again. its so hard to enjoy it anymore. i hope pika can help.

its not about MUs. its about fun. i need something thats fun. pikachu?

Yeah. He said Pika didn't have "options"
Hey, its what i felt. Perhaps im wrong. i want to try him out again.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
This is what I meant. For example, if you input the up+b and let go of the control stick, then Pikachu goes maybe 3/4 of the distance of if you hold up the whole time. How long you hold b doesn't change anything though.

Why didn't I know this before? I guess it doesn't matter much.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
yea. but at this point, i need something to get me interested in brawl again. its so hard to enjoy it anymore. i hope pika can help.

its not about MUs. its about fun. i need something thats fun. pikachu?

Hey, its what i felt. Perhaps im wrong. i want to try him out again.
Honestly, you should. I find pika fun. Its like going down one of those big slides at a carnival. Or a big waterslide.

Even when I get my *** kicked.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Xyro, you jump around, throw jolts, chain grab from 0-mid percent-ish, then just jump around until the opponent messes up so you can punish.

If doing all of that with terrible KO power, stubby range, and a slow projectile sounds like fun, then jump right on in.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Pika isn't terrible, but he's not as good as everyone thinks he is. He has a lot of range problems and all his smashes are easily punishable if you shield/dodge them.

Thunder is amazingly broken though. =)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
in response to the whole top player thing, some people can do it, some cant. i am one of those that can, HOWEVER it is still a different thing. you can get stuff from wifi, but if you are going to be good without wifi, you would be good without it regardless of wifi. just naming of a handful of top players who are good on wifi doensnt mean anything. like i said to be good on wifi you need a good handle on the game itself and then be able to adjust somewhat. and i have played people on wifi who when i play offline they are much worse. we shall see though lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Prime, if a character isn't winning tournaments, they aren't good.

It's as simple as that.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
(thanks espy so i can post again :D)

i have known about the half qa distance for a long time. know why? CAUSE IT HAS BEEN MY #1 CAUSE OF SD'S! i drop from ledge to a set distance, hit up and b and let go to early, and pikachu just falls to his death. i know remember to always hold it the entire way

and **** yes thunder is broken

and if you are looking for fun at a competitive level xyro pikachu is hard to have fun with till you get to a high level. he just gets out spaced and zoned by a lot of chars, which is why he runs neutral with a lot of them. he has to rely on his speed to create openings to get attacks in, and until you get comfortable with it you will get ***** pretty hard (especially in a region used to bear from the beginning and prime now. i learned that from my first tourneys in texas and oklahoma)

whos gonna ninja me?

EDIT: LEAF! A CURSE ON YOUR NAME

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
hmmm after what stealth and espy said, i guess pika is not what im looking for. brawl is just not so fun any more. i guess 10 years of smash is too much.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
so, i am seriously considering starting up lets play's pretty soon. i know i have had kaylo tell me i should, and i now have that urge to LP lol. now i just need to find a capture card that works with windows 7 (dazzle stopped working for me) and some recording software and a microphone

bigman40

Smash Master
so, i am seriously considering starting up lets play's pretty soon. i know i have had kaylo tell me i should, and i now have that urge to LP lol. now i just need to find a capture card that works with windows 7 (dazzle stopped working for me) and some recording software and a microphone
We should team for some LPs. I've been wanting to do some myself.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lets playing, the art of playing a game and providing commentary on youtube. some good ones imo are raocow, protonjon, kikoskia, DeceasedCrab, and others really. just search lets play (whatever game you want) and most likely someone has done one of it. i watch a bunch of lets plays, and have always have the urge to do it, and am looking into it now

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You should do it, Stealth! Just make sure you're funny. =X

NL and Vex may complain about wifi, but they're still really good at it, lol. Vex was once ranked 1st on the aib ladder using Pit.
KayLo, that's just an inability to cope, really.
First of all: So what if they're good at it? The point is that they aren't as good online as they are offline, and if they are comparably skillful, they still have to change their playstyle to cope. Not an accurate reflection of their skill or of a MU if someone is playing significantly differently than they'd play offline.

Ex: when I play Zelda online, I use Din's and spam smashes way more than I would offline because it works better in lag. It doesn't give a good picture of the Zelda MU because that's not how an offline Zelda would play.

Second: Serin, you just proved my point. If half of players can't adapt and half can, that makes wifi unlegit since it's not an accurate reflection of all players in relation to one another.

Wifi works for some people..... good for you guys. Not saying it doesn't benefit some people. My point is that it sucks because it's such a mixed bag: some people cope, some can't, there's lag spikes with some people, button lag with others, and the lag is always different...... you constantly have to adjust to different ****. It's not legit compared to offline. Anybody who says it's a definitively good judge of skill is lying to themselves, lol.

My name has been made more 1337.
Uh. Not a fan, but as long as you like it..... ! x.x

@Xyro: Based on what you're saying, I don't think Pika is for you either, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I could do LPs, but I'm too lazy to.

@Kenny: If I was complaining about your character, I'd be saying how it sucks that he beats Sonic so bad.
And he doesn't, so :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't care about your character Kenny, that's what I'm saying.

I'm only concerned about good characters.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I needa find a job so I can see Van Jones fall to mamachu in the game of drink.

Are the chus still doin that thing at Roller's pad for Apex?

Lemon Chiffon has never been easier.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I really can't get used to calling Bear "Van". He's always been Bear to me, always will be. :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Prove it and leave the pika boards ;O
Funny enough, me leaving wouldn't prove anything.
Ganondorf is terrible, but I love the members of his boards. Same concept applies here.
Pikachu is terrible, but the members here are fun, so there's no reason for me to leave.

Now stop being so boring.

I really can't get used to calling Bear "Van". He's always been Bear to me, always will be. :(
I'm having trouble adjusting as well.

Roller

Smash Legend
I needa find a job so I can see Van Jones fall to mamachu in the game of drink.

Are the chus still doin that thing at Roller's pad for Apex?

Lemon Chiffon has never been easier.
umm. which thing? lol

I'm housing pikas, yeah. And I believe you are on the list for that. And there will probably be a smashfest at my place the night before.

If you meant the pika dinner.. idk when/where we're doin that yet.

Also. Yeah. Bear=Bear. No one call him anything else. Just aint right.. Not right at all.

Top Bottom