• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Wifi got me the way I am today. I wouldn't say it's complete ****, but it helps a ****load.

EDIT: Prime, don't forgot |{sizzle, SK92, An+i, and Shuggles.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Prime: Some people can play in lag. Others, like M2K, NL, and Vex (all of whom I've heard ***** about wifi lag) have trouble adjusting and playing anywhere near their usual level.

If some people can adjust and others can't, it's not a very good reflection of skill between players in general, now is it?

EDIT: There's also the fact that in order to adjust to lag, most people have to change their playstyle. If you're playing completely differently than you would online, then yes, it's a different metagame. You said yourself that Zelda gets a buff and Pika gets nerfed in lag...... so that right there is saying that character potential changes online. That's probably why Stealth said what he did.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
NL and Vex may complain about wifi, but they're still really good at it, lol. Vex was once ranked 1st on the aib ladder using Pit.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I guess it's just a coincidence that A1ly, At0msk, and A0HD are amazing on both offline and online. A few frames of delay isn't enough to say that wifi has a completely different metagame from offline. >>
Wifi got me the way I am today. I wouldn't say it's complete ****, but it helps a ****load.

EDIT: Prime, don't forgot |{sizzle, SK92, An+i, and Shuggles.
Ksizzle

ADHD

Ally

Atomsk

Anti

:bigthumbu

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's because they need to complain about something, Prime. It's in their blood. I bet their blood complains that their hearts don't beat fast enough for circulation either.

And for once, I agree with Serin.

WiFi lag isn't enough to stop a good player from being able to adapt.
Being able to switch play styles on and offline is also a way of expressing one's abilities and skills.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I only think wifi is SIGNIFICANTLY different when the lag is ****ing terrible. In most cases it seems to be CLOSE enough you can adapt. It sucks mistiming CGs or something when you're used to visual cues but.....

Man. That Bthrow was JUST not working for ya Espy. :<

Kenrawr

Smash Master
That's because they need to complain about something, Prime. It's in their blood. I bet their blood complains that their hearts don't beat fast enough for circulation either.
Oh hey look, the king of complaints is complaining. It's funny that someone in your shape is talking about heart and blood circulation too :lick:

Prime, you're a wifi player, you've got the upper hand vs people that aren't wifi players. Please.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I just ***** a MK with Ike on the AllisFail ladder.
I have my last 3 finals tomorrow then I'm free.

Lemon Chiffon has never been easier.

D

Deleted member

Ugh wi-fail, lol. I just canOt adapt to it. Even the slightest amount of lag, and i play terribly, lol. This is also whyi go through so many controllers, since if they even have the smallest amount of button lag, i canOt use them without playing beyond horribly, lol. I used to be almost completely wi-fail, but i couldnOt take the lag anymore and quit wi-fail. I only brawl occassionally on wi-fail cuz of that. I feel so bad for people who are stuck with wi-fi and nothing else, lol.

We Researchers just look into all that technical stuff. Like frames, equations, and the like. I find it fun. :D

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
So do you do actual researching and like find new stuff, or do you just study it and relay it to the rest of the community...?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Rob is my 2ndary and he sucks BIG time. I wanna drop him and pick up pikachu. Good move or no?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Didn't you try picking him up before and gave up saying he sucks?

What MUs are giving you the most trouble for your Samus/ROB?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Oh hey look, the king of complaints is complaining. It's funny that someone in your shape is talking about heart and blood circulation too :lick:

Prime, you're a wifi player, you've got the upper hand vs people that aren't wifi players. Please.
Once they play like 4 or 5 games, they'll be fine.

Seriously, I don't know why you guys hate wifi sooooo much. What to do to have fun is NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!!

EDIT: Xyro, just pick up snake.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Which is why Pikachu is garbage, and even after the curve becomes moot, still gets stomped by top tier all day.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Hehe, you were awesome too bear. Wish we coulda hung out more but there was too much goin on with the tourney.

And pika has a hard time with everyone :(...but you most likely wont lose to someone less skilled than your pika either unless its like ice climbers or maybe marth.

Top Bottom