• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I hate this thread's title, it's creator, and everyone in it.

Except for Zajice. He's marginally okay.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I have an idea, do you guys LIKE?

Although I cannot attend Pound 4, HERB 3 is the next big East Coast event as far as I know and my friend is the one who is hosting it and is searching for more things to hype up the tournament with.

So here's my idea:

I'll go in with lots of trumphets and fanfare (not really but I'll do something that catches a lot of people's attention) and do a little "Smash Bro Brawl Clinic" where people who attend (and either not have much money, lose early, or just feel that they have not yet gotten their full "money's worth" at HERB 3) can all take my test and have your's truly (ME) critique and teach them either the basics or how to play matchups better. This "clinic" is geared towards helping newer players or those that desire to hone their skills and cannot find any other's to do friendlies with (since lots of people will be wanting to play other PR's and tourney matches).

The setup:

1) Take my test (with some special guest appearences ^_^) and learn what North Carolina REALLY has to offer >:D . There will be an ENTIRE setup for this with lagless TV (guarenteed) and recording features.

2) First try is FREE for everybody. For every 5 characters they' ve beaten in a row, I'll reward them with a $1-$2 based on their performance and a certificate that they have indeed taken My Test in real life. I will guarentee you I will give it my ALL, so i give you 0% sandbagging.

3) If you desire to retake the test after the first try, it'll cost $1 for the first retry, $2 for the second retry, $3 for the third retry, so on and so fourth.

4) As the costs go up, your reward goes UP for every 5 people beaten ($1 + cost/2). I have about 15-20 potential characters in the lineup that i can play (No Snake, No MK, No Wario, etc... You don't have to worry ^_^).

5) If at all, you have NOT thoroughly enjoyed the experience and found it challenging or amusing or helpful in any way, I WILL 100% REFUND YOU YOUR MONEY BACK FOR WASTING YOUR TIME.

So that's the general idea. What do you guys think? Also, it only for those not on PR's in any state and have never been on PR's yet. It is primarily for training, playing different matchup, and the high quality of experience for those who don't have anything else to do while at Herb 3.

You can find more about my test if you don't already know what it is by going to the General Pikachu Thread and clicking on "Legendary Pikachu Test".

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey Kenny.
Pool 3

Arms
Artemis
K9
Kool Aid
Red Shadow
Y. B.M.
Don't you DARE lose to Y b M. If he Dairs you at kill percent, shield the fsmash.
And watch out for the mindgametastic roll behind -> fsmash.

and yeah.

Artemis sounds vaguely familiar... dunno about the others... :/

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I don't know if the guy I played mains DDD.
But I played someone else who used DDD and got threestocked because of forgetting my controls and him having awesome DI.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I agree with this post.

Especially the first part.
You do realize you just insulted yourself, right? Considering you're part of "everyone in it."

Anyways.

@LDPK: No offense, but tl;dr. Do you ever make a post that's less than three paragraphs long? @.@

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy

@LDPK: No offense, but tl;dr. Do you ever make a post that's less than three paragraphs long? @.@
QFT.

Seriously, make shorter posts dude. You've already proved yourself to be intellegent, no need to bore us with it like a college professor.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
You asked for a relevant title and god hath provided.....

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Hey Kenny.
Don't you DARE lose to Y b M. If he Dairs you at kill percent, shield the fsmash.
And watch out for the mindgametastic roll behind -> fsmash.

and yeah.

Artemis sounds vaguely familiar... dunno about the others... :/
Yeah, I'm not tooooo worried about him even though I know I should be. I'm mostly worried about Kool Aid. How do you fight Pit!? D:

You do realize you just insulted yourself, right? Considering you're part of "everyone in it."
Yep. Guess you took me seriously, huh?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
You're one to talk about *****ing and moaning O:

It was about time for a new title though. This one is kinda offensive. idk why.

@Serin - I wish it were that simple. He looks very dangerous to approach in the air.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kenny.

Stop *****ing.

Also, Pit's generally slower than Pika in the air, and we're definitely faster if Pika's underneath him. He has nair (frame 4), but I'm pretty sure Pika's uair can outspace it if you hit with the tip of the tail.

Too bad he's a multi-jumper. It'd be easier if he wasn't.

Ask Vex what to do, he's all about Pit these days.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Kaylo.

Stop *****ing.

Yeah, I was thinking about poking Pit with uair when he was above me but idk how effective that would be/if Pit had options. I gotta do some research :O

Oh, here some more *****ing: I have two diddies in my updated pool now :(

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Hmmm.

Kool Aid, the best Pit in an unfamiliar match up. (hopefully he doesn't know the pika match up)

YbM, apparently the best kirby according to m2k and Ally. Beat Lain in a set and took M2K to fifth game.

And two wifi diddies, one (red shadow) who nearly beat Junebug and j tails who's ranked 24th on ladder.

Sounds incredibly easy for a pika.

Oh well, johns aside I'ma practice up the diddy match up more and hopefully make it out =p

Fawk bananas.

King~

Smash Champion
my pool stayed the same

how do you fight link other than just doing stuff and winning lol, its not like TL is it?

@stealth if your trying to sell your spot to get more moeny i know someone whos intrested in buying one

aslo u got changed to AZ pool

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm in VA right now. It's alright. I move into my dorm on Monday, but until then I'm at a hotel where you have to pay 10$ to use internet unless you use THEIR computers. ~_~

Everyone has southern accents and there are a lot of white people.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Woah, woah, Philly has plenty of black people, and there are no southern accents here. >=(

Get that rural PA **** outta here.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Pretty sure other than Philly, New York and Georgia EC is PRETTY white lol.

WC is covered in all sorts of people on the other hand. Segregation. Gotta....love it? Uhhhhh.... I didn't say that.... >.>

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pretty sure Philly, NY, and Atlanta are the only places that matter on the EC, so your point just proved mine. :p

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I was about to get all brooklynite on you but then you saved yourself, Terios.

Hey god?! Keep the title like this,please.

Most people think I'm white anyway, hehe

It's bad that I live at an important location and still haven't been to a tourney....

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yeah, I'd have to buy more yellow fabric, though.
Cool! Lol, it'll be a while before I can get the money, I'm pretty broke right now. :3

School on Monday. I'm :mad:.
I've been in school since last wednesday. >_>

In other news, I've got a small tourney to go to this Friday. I'll **** hard, Pika-style.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, I'm not tooooo worried about him even though I know I should be. I'm mostly worried about Kool Aid. How do you fight Pit!? D:
I've never been afraid to Pit. I only lose to them online, and rarely at that.
Then again I don't main Pikachu so I dunno :/
He's pretty easy to combo with Kirby though. Fsmash and his other smashes are good, but pretty predictable...

I just like taking his power and then arrow looping.

and took M2K to fifth game.
when the hell? o_o

Kenrawr

Smash Master
lol. I was at Chu's house not too long ago and I forgot who said it but the conversation went something like

Player: Chu did you know the kirbys are discussing that you aren't the best Kirby anymore?

Chu: Oh really? Who is, YbM?

Player: Yeah, he took M2K to fifth game.

Chu: Oh, guess he is then haha.

I hope it was just a joke then. Huge relief o_o

Top Bottom