• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"Confirming our belief that Japan is at once among the coolest and craziest places on this planet"

...indeed.
o_O

So, is Windows 7 exciting? I've been left in the dark, running Windows XP on my trash computer for way too long, so I know next to nothing about Vista or Windows 7.

What I've heard about Vista: "it takes up a lot of processing power"
What I've heard about Windows 7: "it's really awesome"

Basically.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I haven't seen it yet..... does it look just like Vista?

Hopefully I'll be getting a new laptop soon now that I'm working again (otherwise I have to wait 'til Xmas.... -_-), and that **** better have Windows 7.

bigman40

Smash Master
I haven't seen it yet..... does it look just like Vista?

Hopefully I'll be getting a new laptop soon now that I'm working again (otherwise I have to wait 'til Xmas.... -_-), and that **** better have Windows 7.
Somewhat the same look, but they changed around a little bit of things too. Look at this review to see the difference. As far as it stands, Windows 7 is the best operating system next to XP that is worth paying money for.

http://reviews.cnet.com/windows/mic...2_7-33704140.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Thanks, Bigman!

@LDPK: I would, but I haven't been able to connect to wifi for weeks now (at least not without getting automatically d/c'd). It's getting kind of annoying, actually.

EDIT: @Kenny: To be fair, some people -- teenagers especially -- in other countries obsess over America in the same way. But yes, it can get irritating.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
**** sidenote****
Is there anyone free and willing to help me get used to wifi before I give K-Prime my "Test"?
my connections usually pretty shotty but if its just for testing it shld be ok possibly. im availiable if u wana try. though itll probably be more of u sandbaging me haha -_-)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
EDIT: @Kenny: To be fair, some people -- teenagers especially -- in other countries obsess over America in the same way. But yes, it can get irritating.
This.
In high school when I went on a student exchange to Italy people at the school I was sent to wouldn't shut up about how cool California looks on TV and in movies. They were passing the OC at the moment (on RAI) so that may have contributed to that. People in North Korea (country in which every aspect of life sucks donkey balls) are not allowed by the government to speak of South Korea (the "country of traitors") China (historical reasons) or Japan (a legit 1st world country and historical reasons) but that's a completely different thing because of the political regime in that country.

At any rate It's common to have an interest in another country and it's lifestyle. I personally have a thing for Spain since my grandfather was Spanish and he would have dinner at 11 pm. Italy also falls under that category for me because I have visited the boot (it's really nice) and I speak Italian. My interest in Japan comes from anime and games (can't forget the women) but it is nowhere near the fashionable craze that many people experience when they see anything related to 日本.

EDIT: The more you know

Quicken The End

Smash Apprentice
Ahahaha, that video was awesome!
I feel left out though :( I don't get to be in the picture... But I guess I haven't been here too long, or have been helpful...
Edit: and gratz on your godly new internet fence =P

IxxI

Smash Fence
Ahahaha, that video was awesome!
I feel left out though :( I don't get to be in the picture... But I guess I haven't been here too long, or have been helpful...
Edit: and gratz on your godly new internet fence =P
...How do you know I'm Fence? I haven't even seen you? :mad:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I <3 my Pika.

And her "wtf am I even doing on this board" face.

Bigman's is perfect.

And for some reason, I love Xiivi's. XD It's so like him to be watching from a ****in tree, lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Teehee.

I love the Raichu gifs. <3

I'm in such a good mood right now (compared to earlier when I was in a **** one). Everyone should take advantage of it while it lasts.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'll take advantage with this question:

"How long should I lurk before I start posting frequently?"

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm actually going to bed now. :( But I'll be around after the weekend.

I've been neglecting the chat lately..... I feel bad, I miss you guys. (hug)

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm actually going to bed now. :( But I'll be around after the weekend.

I've been neglecting the chat lately..... I feel bad, I miss you guys. (hug)
It's ok. I was going to bed soon too. Just wanted to say night when you came in. XD I've been neglecting the chat too, but other times, I just haven't had the time to get a chance to talk in it.

Edit: LOL! I just noticed that I have a gif that's the exact same as my pic in the picture

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Scatz according to a few people in GA I don't play anyone but D3.
I haven't been to many tourneys this month, but the last tournament I didn't go IC's at all, becauseee I ended up playing 2 snakes, a luigi, and a marth....

Kenrawr

Smash Master

This.
In high school when I went on a student exchange to Italy people at the school I was sent to wouldn't shut up about how cool California looks on TV and in movies. They were passing the OC at the moment (on RAI) so that may have contributed to that. People in North Korea (country in which every aspect of life sucks donkey balls) are not allowed by the government to speak of South Korea (the "country of traitors") China (historical reasons) or Japan (a legit 1st world country and historical reasons) but that's a completely different thing because of the political regime in that country.

At any rate It's common to have an interest in another country and it's lifestyle. I personally have a thing for Spain since my grandfather was Spanish and he would have dinner at 11 pm. Italy also falls under that category for me because I have visited the boot (it's really nice) and I speak Italian. My interest in Japan comes from anime and games (can't forget the women) but it is nowhere near the fashionable craze that many people experience when they see anything related to 日本.

EDIT: The more you know
The more I already knew.

My opinion still stands.

-.^

Captain L

Smash Champion
Okay then, Hello!

I'm Captain L, but I'll go by Lando, Landon, Captain, L, Captain L, or whatever else you might want to think of. I played SSB since it came out on N64, skipped melee due to not having a Gamecube, and then picked up Brawl when it came out. I'm 15 and I live in Greater Vancouver, and I've been playing Pikachu semi-competitively for about 6 months now. I say semi because I haven't found any local Brawl tournaments near me and I'm not prepared to go much farther than Vancouver since I probably wouldn't even place all that well. I have played a few online tournaments. One of them was cancelled after I won my first two sets, and the other one I placed 3rd/4th (There was no 3rd place match, although to be frank I probably could've made it to the finals, I just suicided my last stock by accident at 15% in the final match that I lost).

That's about all. I should get an avatar and a signature I think.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Hi hi hello~ Lando.
Welcome to the Pika boards. Feel free to take a look around the other useful threads (dont hesitate to post) and of course keep coming on the social therad.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Welcome, Landon! (I like it better than Lando, hehe.)

Weekends are sorta quiet around here (tournaments/Smashfests, parties, and whatnot), but yeah, definitely take a look around the Pika forum and add your 2 cents to any of the recent discussions.

We also have a xat chat room (xat.com/highvoltageclan), but like I said, weekends are generally pretty dead, so don't be surprised if it's empty-ish til tomorrow or Monday. Also: go during the evening/night, not during the day.

If you need anything, let me or any of the other Pikas know. We're usually friendly. =D

EDIT: Also, **** this rain. :mad: I wanna go out, but I haaaaate going out in the rain.

Top Bottom