• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If anyone has any advice for me, please PLEASE give. But I'm mostly posting this here to vent until I can drink and ***** to my bff tomorrow, because if I don't get this out somewhere, my head is going to explode.

[COLLAPSE="grumpgrumpgrump"]So, I recently got promoted from a job I loved to a higher position in a different part of the company. Even though I knew it'd be more stressful and that I was walking into some of the same bull**** the last girl had to deal with, the job came with a pretty decent raise, and it's more in line with what I want to do in the future (veterinary medicine).

But long story short, this **** is crazy. The place is run horribly to the point where I can't do my job properly. One of the doctors engages in blatant malpractice, and the president (the guy I report to) is so afraid of confrontation that he turns a blind eye to everything -- he just pretends everything's dandy and instead focuses on small stuff that doesn't matter. Almost everyday I'm stressing about situations that aren't my fault but that I have to fix.

I'm basically responsible for a sinking ship that I have no control over. -___-

But on the other hand, I don't have my bachelor's degree yet, so my chances of finding another job that pays this much are slim as hell. (I've been looking.) And I NEED to move out. I can't live at home anymore. Besides the fact that I'm 24 and feel dumb having to live at home again, my mother and I drive each other crazy. Not typical mother-daughter arguments but daily raging or passive aggressive sniping at each other over everything, aggravated by the fact that her MS gives her major anxiety and paranoia.

It's slooowly draining me. Can't get a break at work, then I come home and can't even relax because my mom is constantly smothering me. One of the two situations has to change, but I dunno which one I can't stand more. :c
[/COLLAPSE]

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If I could, I would in a heartbeat. But I suspect he's gender-biased.... he fired one of the doctors back in September because she was "too thorough" and apparently took too long to do exams. Then he fired the girl before me because she wasn't good enough at babysitting the current ****-up of a doctor.

But said doctor has come in visibly ****ed up to work (slurring, stumbling, dilated pupils) in front of the president, and what happened to him? Nothing. He got paid to sleep half the day, and on top of that, he was allowed to do surgery later that day. ****ing ridiculous.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Just keep plugging the holes in your ship, and hopefully things will eventually work themselves out. At least, I don't see what else you can do in your situation that doesn't involve you swapping genders.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You should probably say **** that and leave, then. It isn't worth it to have a ****-up of a job that isn't even your fault that will make you miserable. If you need the money THAT BAD tough it out, but if there is ANY OTHER OPTION, dip.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I would absolutely love to leave, because I really feel like this job is compromising my morality. I have to cover for this doctor all the time, and nothing terrible has happened yet, but one day he's gonna hurt someone's pet, and I'm going to feel/be partially responsible for the fact that I didn't say anything. =\

I almost feel like getting myself fired so I can at least collect unemployment lol.

EDIT: One option would be to go back to my former job, but I'd probably go back to my former pay. And with my student loans, it's not enough to live off of unless I happen to find a place that's dirt cheap.

Anyways, that's the end of my whining. I just had to get it off my chest. :( Really I just have to suck it up and choose between ditching the job and moving out. Can't have both. C'est la vie.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
What esam said is best. Drag it out as much as you can so you can keep making dat $$$$but get out of it when you can, it can't really be much help in moving up in your profession

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You used Rarity. Good.
Good.

Also, just go back to your former job. That's what I'd do. Be patient and wait for that perfect moment to move out of the house too. You're only 24, there's no rush.

Something I've always been told is to milk the situation (living with the parental) for as much as you possibly can, simply because in the end, the money you save up from doing that is exponentially greater than the money you have while on your own.

In some situations, at least. I mean, if you had some super amazing job you could just bail whenever.

*shrug*

All I'd do is deal with the parent, go back to a job I can do without the stress killers from the new job, and bide my time.
If you feel like man-moding it, then keep the terrible job instead of going back to the other one. It'll speed up the money saving process. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
**** that episode.
My own drinking rule is No Pilot Episodes! Cause of course they're gonna say Friendship and use alot of Magic... Of course Discord laughing also ***** us.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Because this happened before. Except that espy was the only one typing funny.
Also, you typed that you hated me because I used konata instead of kagami.

Derpy♂

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i am. but that allows me to get through life safely, and safety > "fun" imposed by things such as alcohol and drugs. having a phobia for being out of ones mind ie drunk, high, etc also contributes

Disclaimer: not hating on alcohol, just my own personal views on it.

Top Bottom