• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
If you define continuous action as people dribbling the ball for ten minutes at a time...... I can't help you. One football drive = a full soccer half in actual meaningful action

:phone:

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
exaclty, I was watching it as well for usa and I could barely stand it. Really interesting though how the rest of the world prefers soccer and we prefer our version of football. Really shows how much people prefer what they were raised with

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
exaclty, I was watching it as well for usa and I could barely stand it. Really interesting though how the rest of the world prefers soccer and we prefer our version of football. Really shows how much people prefer what they were raised with

When it was USA vs that African country in the quarters?.. i was like "I HAVE TO WATCH MORE OF THIS?" as overtime kicked in.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If you define continuous action as people dribbling the ball for ten minutes at a time...... I can't help you. One football drive = a full soccer half in actual meaningful action
The events of a drive can be boiled down to a couple of seconds in soccer.

Also, the US national team plays the most horrid defensive soccer ever. Which is a real shame considering the MLS has a ton of young offensive players with a lot of talent.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Those seconds are infinitely more interesting then a half of soccer. The pauses allow one to tactically and strategically break down and analyse the game to pull more from it. Nothing has ever caught my attention like football. College basketball is the only other sport I really watch lol

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Those seconds are infinitely more interesting then a half of soccer. The pauses allow one to tactically and strategically break down and analyse the game to pull more from it.
If I wanted to draw from the strategic aspect of a sport and speculate about tactics I'd watch baseball.
And it ain't baseball season yet. =/

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I would probably like baseball more if our local team was better :/ should be good next year, baseball I can only enjoy if I have a vested interest in the team ie the royals

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I would probably like baseball more if our local team was better :/ should be good next year, baseball I can only enjoy if I have a vested interest in the team ie the royals

The Padres are also pretty mediocre but I'm a Boston fan (random I know) so Idgaf.

EDIT: your local soccer team (Kansas Sporting) finished the season with the best record in MLS.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Kansas city is a very big soccer city. Lamar hunt, the late owner of the kc chiefs, was instrumental in the creation of the MLS. Even though we have a damn good soccer team, I can only bear it in passing on the radio while delivering *shrug I listened to both of our playoff games

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
There we're 9 people in my house going for the Giants and 2 going for the Pats (1 of them only because he's a bigger hater than even I am)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well, from my perspective, i have trouble getting up till i eat. caffeine has no effect on me, i have no clue why, but whenever i open at work i never actually get active and awake till i have my normal breakfast pizza, then i bounce off of walls all day

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I never wanted it to happen, but working full time+ practically forced me to develop a coffee habit. x.x Trying to keep it minimal tho.

Top Bottom