• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Petey's Garden - Piranha Plant Social Thread AKA Plant Gang HQ

Favorite Costume For Piranha Plant?

• Total voters

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I have a question ? Is he playable yet ? I haven't seen any gameplay footage of him right now.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Do you guys think Piranha Plant will also come with a stage and music? I know that it hasn't been stated whether he comes with a stage or not, but with 6 DLC characters and 6 slots left on the stage selection screen, it would make sense.

If he does come with one, what kind of stage would you want it to be and what kind of music would you want to be added? Not like Mario needs any more stages or music, but it could be fun to think about. Not too sure about music (because there's so many to pull from with Mario), but I could see the stage being something based on Underground from the original 2D Mario games.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Do you guys think Piranha Plant will also come with a stage and music? I know that it hasn't been stated whether he comes with a stage or not, but with 6 DLC characters and 6 slots left on the stage selection screen, it would make sense.

If he does come with one, what kind of stage would you want it to be and what kind of music would you want to be added? Not like Mario needs any more stages or music, but it could be fun to think about. Not too sure about music (because there's so many to pull from with Mario), but I could see the stage being something based on Underground from the original 2D Mario games.
I'd wish it brings Rainbow Road with it. Mybe it was such a grand stage they couldn't make it ready at launch and kept it for PP?

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I'd wish it brings Rainbow Road with it. Mybe it was such a grand stage they couldn't make it ready at launch and kept it for PP?
Would be nice to see that stage return, but I feel like the DLC characters are all going to include brand new stages, so if Piranha does come with one, I imagine it would be something new.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

We already know he's not coming with a stage. A blurb about Piranha Plant on Nintendo's website once said he would, but it was conspicuously removed.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Question: why do so many people conflate Piranha Plant with Petey Piranha? I watched some videos of reactions to the reveal and like three quarters of people saw the Piranha Plant and identified it as "Petey Piranha" (and this is well before Petey showed up as the final smash).

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Question: why do so many people conflate Piranha Plant with Petey Piranha? I watched some videos of reactions to the reveal and like three quarters of people saw the Piranha Plant and identified it as "Petey Piranha" (and this is well before Petey showed up as the final smash).
Because they are video game noobs with just enough knowledge to know Petey Piranha is a character but not enough knowledge to know who he is or what he looks like, or what a regular piranha plant is. All gaming e-celebs are posers
/s
...More likely they didn't immediately know how to process that a generic mook is playable in smash

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Cool, glad to hear it.

In Piranha Plant news, I'm trying to do a fun thing with my friends, but nobody seems to be too excited about the idea yet. I hope they warm up to it, because if they do I want to do some cool surprises but it only works if they're involved. Basically, I suggested that when Piranha Plant drops (as well as every subsequent newcomer), we have a for fun tournament where we all play the newcomer for the first time. Nobody knows how to play them yet, so it's all up in the air who wins, kind of like those during the E3 2018 Smash tournament who played Ridley despite only having 20 minutes prior to lab with him. Whoever wins becomes the champion of first impressions Piranha Plant within our little circle of friends. If I can get them on board, I'd love to go crazy with it and make a DIY Piranha Plant trophy, buy a hat to act as a crown and DIY a cape for the winner, and just get really creative and silly for the whole shebang, then do it again for Joker and everyone else.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
After you get your gold points, you should get an email from Nintendo (if you can't find it, do a search in case it got filtered) with a code. Then go to the eShop and enter the code. You will then automatically receive the Piranha Plant once you've installed the patch that adds it (which I'm guessing will also be our first major balance patch).

I'd Negæte That

Smash Cadet
Consider the Following:
What if we get Plants vs Zombies Content with the release of Pihrana Plant? Like maybe a release of the game on the switch, or a stage with music or assist trophies for Peashooter or something? Just another wild idea.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Because they are video game noobs with just enough knowledge to know Petey Piranha is a character but not enough knowledge to know who he is or what he looks like, or what a regular piranha plant is. All gaming e-celebs are posers
/s
...More likely they didn't immediately know how to process that a generic mook is playable in smash
Or they didn't pay attention when the FS was triggered.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So... when is he coming out? His amiibo releases on Feb 15, so he has to be released before then.
It could honestly be any date between February 1st and the 15th.

I personally hope it’s the 1st or any day the following week, but I think it’s more likely to release the same day as the Amiibo, so the 15th would be my best guess.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
It could honestly be any date between February 1st and the 15th.

I personally hope it’s the 1st or any day the following week, but I think it’s more likely to release the same day as the Amiibo, so the 15th would be my best guess.
I mean, technically they could release him before Jan 31, they already sent out redemption codes for those who registered.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I mean, technically they could release him before Jan 31, they already sent out redemption codes for those who registered.
They technically could (and I would love that), but I still think they’re gonna stick to their initial date of Feb. 2019.

Either way, we’re, at most, about a month away until Plant’s release.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
The closer we get to Piranha Plant's release date, the more I find myself wanting to play as it for myself. After finding out that it's neither slower than Incineroar nor as light as Pac-Man, my worries about it not being a very good fighter have eased tremendously. My only hope now is that the Piranha Plant amiibo has nothing to do with the release date of the fighter, since February 15th is not that close. Either way, I'm definitely going to try to discover as many combos as I can on release day.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am super excited for this character! Though i won't really main the plant, I definetly plan to use them as a secondary...

One thing I wonder is how P.P. will grab the ledge...Will they use their teeth? And if so, can you possibly recover with the strechy-attack? I'd love that

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I am super excited for this character! Though i won't really main the plant, I definetly plan to use them as a secondary...

One thing I wonder is how P.P. will grab the ledge...Will they use their teeth? And if so, can you possibly recover with the strechy-attack? I'd love that

Asking the real questions, I see

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
So, overall...

Best case scenario: PP is released on the 1st.
Worst case scenario: PP is released on the 15th.
Weirdest case scenario: PP is released on the 11th, which is when The Anigriffin The Anigriffin gets his operation.
Best case for me would be the 2nd, as it'll be my birthday.
I'm lowkey hoping I'll receive a new main for my birthday.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Best case for me would be the 2nd, as it'll be my birthday.
I'm lowkey hoping I'll receive a new main for my birthday.
I would also like a new main for your birthday

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
In the waning months of the clone wars-er, sorry, wrong game. Ahem, as we approach the eventual release date, anticipation grows and my own mad obsession worsens. Let us take this time to come together and worship the plant together. And by that I mean (and if this has already been done in this thread, I apologize for my neglect), which costume will everyone be using? For starters, I'll definitely be using the Inky Piranha.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
In the waning months of the clone wars-er, sorry, wrong game. Ahem, as we approach the eventual release date, anticipation grows and my own mad obsession worsens. Let us take this time to come together and worship the plant together. And by that I mean (and if this has already been done in this thread, I apologize for my neglect), which costume will everyone be using? For starters, I'll definitely be using the Inky Piranha.
I will need to see how they look in-game from my own TV before I know for sure, but it will likely end up either being the standard red or the OG green

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Light blue is my favorite color, so I could see myself using that most often. However PP is one of those characters where most if not all the skins look nice enough that I'll probably alternate and not stick to just one for too long.

Top Bottom