• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pete's Arcade

Pete278

Smash Lord
(I couldn't think of a good name, the next best thing I could think was 'Give me attention', but you wouldn't have if that was the title, so eh).

So, since I can't put polls up here, I used my trusty domain name to do so. Basically:

So, as some of you may know, I have the life dream of running an arcade. Obviously, since I live in Perth, its impossible for me to live of this, since I'd die 9 times of starvation and taxes (yes, taxes are lethal) before I hit 30. So, while I have to get a job and raise the funds first, the machines will still be being made as a hobby until I reach the ripe old age where I can finally get the land for it. Course, on the flipside, since this is Perth, it might just be so barren that I'd be able to live off it because no-one has anywhere else to go, but I'd rather not take that chance.

This doesn't even really qualify as a blog post, but I'm going to pretend it does. On the right of this post, just over there, you can see a poll. Vote on the poll and all your dreams will come true, trust me. If not enough people vote, then **** you all and I'll decide for myself, you bunch of *****. If enough people vote, then I love you all and the top machine will be chosen. Because I'm a cheap ******* at the moment, the parts won't be top notch and the machine probably won't be legit (I don't know, maybe some would be cheap enough to do legit), but it'll be done and it'll exist nonetheless.

http://www.bulletpunch.com/ to vote, and help decide the first machine for Pete's arcade. :D

Pete278

Smash Lord
Fighters are rather simplstic in the cabinet design, so I'd like to do one first to get a feel for the building process, then move onto different designs like DDR and driving games.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
For Driving games I would definatly stear away from Initial D at first, as much as I love the series it just isn't as popular as other racers such as Maxi Tune 3 DX and even Battle Gear 4

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How did I even double post so quickly without the spam filter stopping me? Please delete this post.
Crashboards has returned.

When you get to the point of looking at buying arcade machines, try and get a pair (or more) of F-Zero AX machines.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
how about super street fighter 4... or ddr... ya know, if you were actually serious

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Leisure Islands would like a word with you.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Perth as in city-perth. Is that smaller arcade across the road from one of the Club X's still around?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Timezone does a good job, puts money on cards and no more stupid bags of tokens.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Timezone does a good job, puts money on cards and no more stupid bags of tokens.
Yeah, but they charge more for games, and stupid amounts, so you'll always have some cash on it.

Alzi

Smash Master
Isn't it normal price if you have the V.I.P Card. But then again to get the V.I.P card you spend some money extra.

Australia generally charges more with it's arcade machines though.

Sieg

Smash Champion
What games are these for?

I have a Platinum Card and I don't usually spend much. Hell I get two free games a day plus when I put 20 dollars on I get like 30 on my card.

Also SF4 is a dollar a go over here.

Alzi

Smash Master
The timezones I've been too are:

$2:20 without the card.

And $2:00 with the V.I.P card.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Facts are that Timezone has a monopoly over here, and thus can get away with it... Bring in even one competitor remotely close to the CBD and Timezone will start to flounder in a year unless they bring down their prices...

All the best to ya' Pete - just make sure to offer something Timezone can't so that you keep business if they decide to cut prices...

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Ever thought about doing something similar to the Mana Bar in QLD_? Having a bar attached to an arcade could help supply steady income and also create an avenue for both outlets, attracting more customers and allowing you to have late night time slots_ Just being an arcade alone may not attract an outstanding amount of client base, so having something social would help alleviate some of the problems you would otherwise have_

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
even the gays? bad joke -,-
straights suck just as much... -.-

a consol arcade sounds great though....
kinda like those olde time disc jockies that have that inside hand that automatically puts the disc in and stuff..

Pete278

Smash Lord
1 HOUR REMAINING ON THE POLL. Currently BBCS is winning, and so if you don't want it to win, you should probably jump in and stop it from doing so.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Well, obviously from a business perspective SSF4, Tekken 6, or some racing game would be best to go for, but I'm not in the position to afford either right now. :(

Top Bottom