• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perth North vs South | South CP Chess!!! Event held 25th July!!!

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
NORTH COUNTERPICK

........................*drum roll*.............................

BASKETBALL!!!!

- We'll need at least 5 people each side though it's encouraged to have more for subs etc
- The game is divided into 4 quarters, each 12 minutes long. Should the score be tied at the end of the fourth quarter, the game will go into a 5 minute overtime period. Should the game be tied at the end of overtime, there will be a 5 minute second overtime, and so on.
- I'm sure most people know the basic rules but most people probably aren't aware of all of them, I suggest you have a look here I just briefly looked through it but it seems to all be there.
- We will most likely be playing without a ref which means we will have to call our own fouls (even more of a reason to look at the rules) and it is likely we won't be using a shot clock for simplicity.
- As for the cost, It'll most likely be free as we'll probably use a public court and I'm sure someone can bring a ball.

Okay, so there's the unofficial announcement :p I'll post a proper one with all the details and stuff within the next couple of days... Post here if you're intending on coming, regardless of if you're actually going to play or not.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Wicked, just disregard everything I said in the PSM, it seems like you beat me to it :D What date you thinkin of??? 21st???

Basketball will be fun times :D

Alzi

Smash Master
My boost of protein is basically.

Milk with a raw egg in it. Depending on my manly mood i decide to add more eggs.

This should help me in Basketball.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, I'll definitely be there as long as it's held in the morning :p If you're intending on holding it in the arvo I'll have to get off work, so gimme notice please :p

South's strategy = get ball into hoop :D

Alzi

Smash Master
Norths strategy is to pass the ball to trill, trill hits it off the backboard alzi comes in and slam dunks it.

Mic is the half way thrower and when he gets it in we all go woo mic. Vlade is the 3 point shooter since he is good at fireing lasers from far away and hitting his opponent.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nah, just pass to ryan, he just sticks his arm over the ring and drops it.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I tried that today... Apparently you need to be taller than I am... Inorite???

MTGod

Smash Champion
Okay so I've updated the OP with the "unofficial" post ^^ Still need to confirm date and time by Sunday Northies!!!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Nice stuff, more money for food afterwards :p Let me know when you've got it booked :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
I'd just like to say that, whilst I agree a shot clock isn't necessary, there should be some means to determine stalling...

Trillest

Smash Ace
we need a ref is what ur saying and 5 secs isnt a very long time cos im assuming im gonna jesse marteh + 1 all up on me everytime i touch teh ball. Also whos comfirmed for the north ?

@kane Would that be fair We got trav me n jupz n bringer also we'll make alzi/vladey run the ball i think we good :D

Alzi

Smash Master
I actually might go depends. I haven't really played an actual game of basketball in ages. And plus i need to get fit.

True Romance

Smash Ace
we need a ref is what ur saying and 5 secs isnt a very long time cos im assuming im gonna jesse marteh + 1 all up on me everytime i touch teh ball. Also whos comfirmed for the north ?

@kane Would that be fair We got trav me n jupz n bringer also we'll make alzi/vladey run the ball i think we good :D
It'd probably not be fair but it'd be funny.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Won't we get mugged? I heard the south was originally settled by convicts!

MTGod

Smash Champion
Won't we get mugged? I heard the south was originally settled by convicts!
Hey, if you're suburb wasn't settled by convicts, you can get on your immigrant boat and leave :p

inb4 acknowledging preinhabitants of Aus

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yes I am, Trill: spoiler tags are useless :p And I think I proved it xD

Trillest

Smash Ace
Guys kinda have a problem as im pretty sure the freeway north from joondalup to the city heading south is closed ie might not be able to get to applecross

um its def

Mitchell Freeway

* Southbound lanes will be closed from Burns Beach Road to Perth from 4am until 12pm (noon).

City of Joondalup

* Hodges Drive (eastbound) from the Mitchell Freeway will be closed from 4am until 2pm
* The intersection of Joondalup Drive and Grand Boulevard will be closed from 4am until 2pm.
* Grand Boulevard will be closed from the intersection of Joondalup Drive to Shenton Avenue from 4am until 2pm

MTGod

Smash Champion
Bloody cyclists ruining greater plans!!!

Seriously dude, take the train Trill - if the North lose this one because of laziness you may not be able to catch back up to us :p I will be able to ferry people from the Canning Bridge Train Station if they can walk down to the Penrhos Rowing Club carpark (opposite to the Raffles/Giant Tower that you cannot miss)... Otherwise surely there will be SOME way to get south of the river by car!!! What about Roe HWY???

MTGod

Smash Champion
South's turn to Counterpick - I say we pick punctuality, we'd be 100% win for that xD

Seriously though, we'll talk on MSN about what to do hopefully tonight when I get home (9:30pm), yesh???

Top Bottom