• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

studly

Smash Ace
haha barlw does suck xD (compared to melee imo). If you hack it, its pretty fun. Brawl+ is pretty fun. Also, with character and stage texture hacks its even tighter. Brawl+ and Texture/music hacks = Awesome = Melee?.

Year old vid I used to love to watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaqB89H4saY&feature=player_embedded
Brawl + and textures hacks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuGHy0rinS8&feature=player_embedded
Awesome map texture hack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycypSWyzO_Q

There's some tight stuff happening hack-wise in brawl.
I'd goto the ohio tourney if it weren't for finals =(

Also, the melee tournament dart was referring too > "it's still on for now"
oh awesome thanks... and i completly agree with most of what you said... i wish brawl had more depth for each character... the limits on what characters are tournament useable drives me crazy.... and yeah im seriously considering playing brawl+ but like an idiot i updated to 4.0 so now no homebrew channel for me at least for a while... i know there some people working on a hack to unlock 4.0. and with the new SD card menu transferring codes will be really easy

and anthony do you have texting?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea i got texting. lol,
yea in brawl+ almost all the characters are about more even now. Its leaning toward melee sorta. They enhanced Falcon's Knee to hit correctly and deal tons of knockback, Link's Up B (recovery) semi spikes like in melee, and Jigglypuffs DownB (REST) kills almost instantly at 20%, etc.
that seriously sucks u updated to 4.0, my friend michael was going to homebrew it and gave it to me to do it for him, I found out it was 4.0, and i couldn't do anything. hopefully it comes out soon
u got AIM?

studly

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227119
the new brawl+ vid thread... honestly if this ends up being real good ill start hosting brawl+ tournaments instead

but yeah lol... something i found realy fascinating. They decreased the slowdown that occurs when you jump in the air. so now sonic is crazy fast in the air and alot of falcons kill combos are back even without his buff

the plus"ery" is the competative standard being worked on in the workshop heres some stuff i stold from the thread i thoght was cool

Will the Plusery nerf/buff my character?

One of Brawl+'s main goals is to make sure that every character is tournament viable. This does not mean we will homogenize the cast's weaknesses and strengths. We will try our best to retain the character's weakness, but at the same time expand upon the tools they have. What this means is that the project will be sure to give every character the tools necessary to be a force to reckon.

What kind of character balances and gameplay changes are there in the Plusery set?

You can read what character balances are being tested in the Brawlplusery here.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
Does the 'no tripping' code make bananas (and moves like zelda's dtilt) useless?

No. The no tripping code simply makes the random chance of tripping zero. Any other attacks/effects that may cause tripping are still in tact.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I've seen the brawl pulsery thread before, never really cared to read it, just wanted to take the codes lol, but i've never seen the vid thread of it. thats pretty tight.

Dart

Smash Lord
it would be nice...if i could figure out what i needed...i hear all i need is an sd card but then someone says i need some other computer files and **** >.>

and yeah id love to play brawl plus, so falcon and gdorf can become useable

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I wanna goto the melee. I don't know how to play SF4 =(. if i can't go to the melee thing, I'll go for brawl+.

Dart

Smash Lord
Yeah if we can't do melee then im doing barlw+ :D

anthony i think it would be less of a pain in the *** just to do barlw+ cuz ripples never coming back online so i can contact him :/

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
ya im thinkin about playing brawl- its brawl but with only meta knight

but for serious brawl can kick *** too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJkP6_yedKQ

oh and vegas awesome
lol brawl-
Knee of justice Brawl+ awesomeness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgN_aTKqos

so where would we play brawl+ ??? i would deff be down
I still like that church place, cause i live so close to it. though its kinda hard to find, > Maybe a sign pointing to the church if they get there? but whatever's good for all you guys. Funkmasterj1 (beat M2K/Chudat in brawl) (justice) would come too.

Who else got a homebrewed wii besides me?

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hahaha, now that I think about that church place, it'll be so much easier for my crew to get there next time if we ever meet up there again lol. Just ran across Ash St. a few times this weekend when I was going to Elmwood High School for my gf's grand march/prom, so I actually know pretty well where it's at o_O, that's a first for me!

Kind of random post, but yeah...

And idk about anyone else, but I feel really awkward when I watch Brawl+ vids...I don't know what it is, but something makes me feel uncomfortable about it lol, maybe something just needs to be fixed, idk. Not saying I'm uncomfortable with the hacking junk, just the way it appears, idk I'm acting weird atm I guess lol.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lol maybe you should try it first before you judge. =p
i don't play brawl+ much at all, I just like texture hacking for fun. When i did play brawl+, it wasn't much different imo than brawl.

So should we do this, this saturday? (just like a get together/fun tourney, melee, brawl, brawl+?)

Skirby

Smash Cadet
welll it looks like fun. but to be honest it seems like a lazy verson of brawl and also requires like less skill.

i mean like waaay less skill. so i do and i dont want to play bacause i already suck at brawl and melee so if i play brawl plus ill lose any skill i already have.

so ill stick to brawl and melee even tho im not good. but i wanna barrow someones melee cuz i wanna practice.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Goin competitive, huh? I think brawl+ is just about the same skill level as brawl, just different timings of landing and using moves. I think it takes just a lil more skill just cuz of fast characters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgrtBZ5eKk0 nair fastfall shine repeat. That takes quite some skill. Then again, it could take less skill if it was different character, like D3, spam Grab, Bair, Fsmash, and Utilt. lol.

Dart

Smash Lord
brawl plus is fun for C falcon and Ganon now...so i like it :D.
but yeah not this saturday...what about sunday? or friday after next is good for me

studly

Smash Ace
Hahaha, now that I think about that church place, it'll be so much easier for my crew to get there next time if we ever meet up there again lol. Just ran across Ash St. a few times this weekend when I was going to Elmwood High School for my gf's grand march/prom, so I actually know pretty well where it's at o_O, that's a first for me!

Kind of random post, but yeah...

And idk about anyone else, but I feel really awkward when I watch Brawl+ vids...I don't know what it is, but something makes me feel uncomfortable about it lol, maybe something just needs to be fixed, idk. Not saying I'm uncomfortable with the hacking junk, just the way it appears, idk I'm acting weird atm I guess lol.
whoa what the heck? ur so random....prom gah

but yeah i get that same feeling when i watch those vids... like theres something missing.. legion told me he does too

I think brawl+ is just about the same skill level as brawl, just different timings of landing and using moves. I think it takes just a lil more skill just cuz of fast characters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgrtBZ5eKk0 nair fastfall shine repeat. That takes quite some skill. Then again, it could take less skill if it was different character, like D3, spam Grab, Bair, Fsmash, and Utilt. lol.
honestly i think most of us are good enough at smash that we'll think brawl+ is easy. its just gona be very weird with a brand new metagame
*brain explodes*

brawl plus is fun for C falcon and Ganon now...so i like it :D.
but yeah not this saturday...what about sunday? or friday after next is good for me
omg Ganon FTW!!!!!

sunday might work for the church but we might have a limited amount of time... and ill still have to check to make sure theres no special event on that day but im pretty sure its fine for us to play in the back like last time

and @ everyone who was considering going with me to the Ohio Brawl tournament

my Dad is taking those days off work so Egan and Aaron will be able to go...

it looks like were taken this large *** oldschool van down... its not as bad as it sounds
and were gona need everyone who rides in the van to put in for gas...there are 6 seats available in the van and we might take another vehicle down ..if we do take another vehicle it will add 5 more seats

but were gona need a hotel room... and maybe 2.. and we can split up the cost for that as well

heres a link to the thread...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231335

im really looking forward to this... a chance to play at brawls competative level... and brawl is being played at a competative level... but be warned metaknight is everywhere... and he is very very gay... alot of the people going to these tournaments play to win and play dirty meaning they arent afraid of ussing tier **** characters... i personally feel the experience is worth going even if you dont like brawl all that much

there are also pools ,wich is something some of us arent ussed to playing, you have to get through them .....before you even make it into the bracket.. 6-8 people in each pool and only 4 make it through... each player does best of three against every other person in the pool.. and the top 4 are seeded into the actual bracket

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah, pools are always present at large scale tournaments. At SMYM9 we were put in 6 man pools where top 2 advanced actually...whoever the 2 people are with the most wins advance into the actual brackets and etc. Stuff's pretty awesome, I'd love to come but the Gooey bank of America is running on E and won't be getting much dinero in for the next month or so :/

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
and @ everyone who was considering going with me to the Ohio Brawl tournament

my Dad is taking those days off work so Egan and Aaron will be able to go...

it looks like were taken this large *** oldschool van down... its not as bad as it sounds
and were gona need everyone who rides in the van to put in for gas...there are 6 seats available in the van and we might take another vehicle down ..if we do take another vehicle it will add 5 more seats

but were gona need a hotel room... and maybe 2.. and we can split up the cost for that as well

heres a link to the thread...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231335

im really looking forward to this... a chance to play at brawls competative level... and brawl is being played at a competative level... but be warned metaknight is everywhere... and he is very very gay... alot of the people going to these tournaments play to win and play dirty meaning they arent afraid of ussing tier **** characters... i personally feel the experience is worth going even if you dont like brawl all that much

there are also pools ,wich is something some of us arent ussed to playing, you have to get through them .....before you even make it into the bracket.. 6-8 people in each pool and only 4 make it through... each player does best of three against every other person in the pool.. and the top 4 are seeded into the actual bracket
What nights are u guys staying at the hotel? Cuz I found out i have monday off before finmals, so i might just be able to go =p (if my parents let me of course)

tbo, I won't know if i can go to the sunday meet-up till tommorow.

Dart

Smash Lord
what the hell...if you guys have room i might go to this, just need to practice a SHEETLOAD if i wanna compete

studly

Smash Ace
Sunday is canceled... MOTHERS DAY!!!! lawlz .. we can do that another time?

yeah this things in two weeks... its gona be like 50 dollars a person to pay for gas and the hotel room
and im 60%sure we need another vehicle

My list of people maybe going

Legion
Egan
Skirby
Hastule
Dave
Anthony
Dart?

anyone else? anybody bringing other people... The more people the less the money we all have to pay...

D

Deleted member

hey guys,if you planned on going to street fighter this week,dont lol. Apparently its on the 23 now? lol. Idk if anythings going on at GS tomorrow

studly

Smash Ace
yeah oh well i had decided i wasn't going anyway so no big

newest list of people maybe going and what seats are available

6 seats

me
Legion
egan

april is now a wild card
and aaron has told me he cant go

meaning i have three seats available... and thats without us taking another car

Skirby

Smash Cadet
woah so guys all i have to say is COOME AAOON. COOME AOON. Dont let studly down

T.T
he really wants to go and now its down to him and legion and maybe meh

:(

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
sorry =\, i want to go, but its up to my friggin parents

i'd have a better chance at this one of the same series.

4th Champs- June 20th of June

Springfield, Ohio

Skirby

Smash Cadet
blah no its ok.

uh his birthday is coming up and i think we should all get together

and throw him a party to make up for et

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
thats what i was thinking xD.

I WANT TO SMASH! (and i dun't no if i can) K(

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Yea, May 23rd, i can't go. I gotta watch Evans vs. Machida UFC pay-per-view that night (both undefeated, at wild wings[maybe]), and my dad won't lemme spend the night in Ohio "to play games", so I'm going to watch the fight instead of brawl =\ sorry. and yea, Finals are laaammmmeeeee.

btw guys, not sure if u saw, Brawl+ for virgin wii 4.0 xD xD, read description.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s-IBu4sFjI

studly

Smash Ace
dude thats seriously like the fith time ive heard an older person... not understand that your not going for just a game... your going for a competition

its just like any other competative event ... you travel to fight other people... silly people

and yeah enough people have backed out that im no longer sure if i can go at all... but right now the plan is till to go

Anthony i read that stuff ... but i went to wiibrew.org and read about the bannerbomb in better detail. theres currently a risk of bricking the wii. so im not gonna try it untill im completly sure i have everything i need...

is there anyway i could loan you my wii and you do it.. otherwise its gona take me til after May before ill have time

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I'm really sorry dude for not being able to go, yea my dad thinks all gaming is a waste of time. =\ And, I'm not sure if i can do it for you until after May lol. I have a few stuff i gotta do before doing that, Im procrastinateing.. lol. sorry. Dx. But if u need Twilight Princess or an SD card or somethin, I don't mind u coming over to borrow it.

Top Bottom