• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People say mr.GW sucks, but really, its cuz they cant use him.

KingPop

Smash Rookie
People make me angry, you know why? Cuz there noobs.
When I was first Introduced to G&W in melee, I was kind of like " WTF" i knew of him and his retro games, I thot he was just a joke character. So i used him a few tiems, I thot he was just hilarious, but i thot he sucked. So i was like wtf is the point of him being in here. But then my buddy, a master with him, well hes good with almost every char, he has like 1000+ hours in that game, but he shows me the power of game and watch, I was amazed. I couldnt believe how good he was. So then i go online seeing what ppl say about them, and they all say he sucks. On top of that they dont want him in brawl, which makes me angry. Game and watch is extremely good, even though his stats arent they greatest, he has really good moves. Like for instance, he has this move i call juggle, where he can knock u back and forth for abit, ( not the move where he juggles the balls lol) But really, if anyone says G&W sucks, there noobs, it cuz they dont know how to use them, im just postn cuz it makes me angry, i hope hes back in brawl with a new attitude lol, G&W rocks.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Game and Watch has a great air game, great smashes, and great tilts.

Game and Watch dies at 50% from pretty much anything, is the easiest character in the game to edgeguard, has the easiest to predict approach, has no shield, has the most useless roll and spot dodge in the game, and gets combo'd like no other.

I love the guy, but... you could basically claim this for any character.

Chained Up

Smash Cadet
Thing is is that I don't think Game & Watch will be in Brawl. I obviously want Game & Watch in Brawl, but the chances of them bringing back such a character with unexciting moves probably doesn't appeal to fans. Honestly, I've never found any problem wrong with Game & Watch, maybe people just tend to suck real bad with him. His defensive game doesn't bother me a bit, since I'm a natural offensive player. I honestly find more problems with my Fox, which I'm going to try to work on.

Cinder

Smash Master
Game and Watch has a great air game, great smashes, and great tilts.

Game and Watch dies at 50% from pretty much anything, is the easiest character in the game to edgeguard, has the easiest to predict approach, has no shield, has the most useless roll and spot dodge in the game, and gets combo'd like no other.

I love the guy, but... you could basically claim this for any character.
Yeah...this about sums it up...but you forgot to mention his WD...it's pretty good...and he can pull a good mindgame, too...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Game and Watch is the easiest character in the game to edgeguard, .
Easiest character to edgegaurd? Dude, his sweet spot's range is the length of his whole body. He's one of the hardest characters to edge guard in the game

Cinder

Smash Master
Easiest character to edgegaurd? Dude, his sweet spot's range is the length of his whole body. He's one of the hardest characters to edge guard in the game
Yeah...I would think Luigi would be at least a little easier to edgeguard...meh, what do I know...all I know is that G&W is fun to use, and has some good mindgaming ability...

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
Game & watch IS bad, sadly. He has good tilts and decent arials, but he dies too easily and you can't l-cancel 2 of his moves :/ also his roll is garbage, but its already been said.

Lag

Smash Journeyman
A few questions considering the art of "sucking:" ( ...lol )
Doesn't any character suck because a player sucks? Or all you guys saying that he sucks no matter how good you are with him? Does he suck moveset-wise or suck due to his lightness? Sucking is such a general term, so expand.
"I suck." Versus "I suck because I can't Wavedash."

Anyways, Mr. Game and Watch, I guess why people underestimate him is because his physical appearance (what do you expect out of a 2 demensional character anyways right?) or his apparent "WTF I got KOed at 50%!11!!eleven!1" If Mr. Game and Watch were in Brawl...let me just say it would be a good idea to buff him up (how? And how much? I don't know.).

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
No matter how good you are GaW sucks. That being said I'm sure there's a hefty sum of GaW's out there that could kick my *** because I in fact suck...

Cinder

Smash Master
no char sucks.
QFT...
except Pichu

I personally don't see what's that bad about G&W...I mean, sure, he's got a weak shield, he has a slow roll, and he's light (I know there's other stuff...I'm working off the top of my head)...but he has a great WD, and he's got an excellent mindgaming skill...besides, look at Gimpyfish...does he not do well in tournaments (I mean, like, dead last-ish)? A character is only as good or bad as the player...I still believe in the tier system...but there are exceptions...

Cinder

Smash Master
A character cannot have "mindgaming skill".

I think what you are trying to say is that he is easy to maneuver.
W/e...I'm exhausted...I tend to be incoherent and confused when I'm like this :tired:...

That's not true, even Gimpy says Bowser sucks in Melee. He just uses him because he likes him.
I didn't say he didn't...I'm just saying that Gimpy does well in tournaments with Bowser...I know everyone (Gimpy included) knows that Bowser sucks...but Gimpy does well with him *prepares to be made a fool of*...

j00t

Smash Champion
Game and Watch isn't that bad, he just has a disadvantage against most every other character in the game. When compared to other characters and the matchups against those characters, he is -horrid-.

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
I main g&w, i guess he isn't as bad as I said, maybe its because i play alot of Peachs and Links. :(

SiD

Smash Master
Game and Watch isn't that bad, he just has a disadvantage against most every other character in the game. When compared to other characters and the matchups against those characters, he is -horrid-.
Um, seriously? He's at a disadvantage against almost everyone, and you don't think that makes him bad?

j00t

Smash Champion
Um, seriously? He's at a disadvantage against almost everyone, and you don't think that makes him bad?
It doesn't make him bad, it just makes the other characters better than him.

SiD

Smash Master
It doesn't make him bad, it just makes the other characters better than him.
...seriously?

Cause, you know, I thought that being worse than most characters made you bad. My mistake though, you obviously make more sense.

j00t

Smash Champion
...seriously?

Cause, you know, I thought that being worse than most characters made you bad. My mistake though, you obviously make more sense.
**** right, my logic owns everything. If you haven't gotten the joke yet then just move along.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Here's a good general rule.

If a character's room has a thread called "X character isn't that bad..." or something like that (aka this thread). HE REALLY IS THAT BAD.

GW has a great moveset, the problem is that everything else about GW is horrible.

BlaceTeam

Smash Rookie
I donno about you guys.. Every char is good , If it wasn't like that , The nintendo wouldn't of made that char , Think of that :

If every char has some advantages and disadvantages then all of the chars are fair.

If one of the char is weaker then the others or stronger then the others in EVERYTHING , Then it wouldn't be fair for other players , Which makes the char stupid for nintendo to make! Cus everyone wouldve used that char and the game wouldve been easy!

This is why MG&W is fair just like everyone!

People say he sucks , People also say Ness sucks , And kirby , And i've heard even Jigglypuff!! That really matters for the player!

I'm not a player of MG&W but 2 friends of mine are , And their pretty killing!

I rest my case.

Geist

Smash Master
if all of gameandwatch's moves were as good as his parachute of doom, gameandwatch really woulnt be that bad. In fact...never mind.
he has the best taunt hands down though.

Top Bottom