• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People Mover Az Melee/Brawl Tourney!!!(UPDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I think if you allow wobbling you should allow the freeze glitch. What's the difference?
Quite honestly, I'd rather have the freeze glitch allowed. It's harder to start up, and they can both be used to infinitely stall the game or rack up damage to insta-death percents.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Freeze glitch CANNOT be allowed. It is EASIER to set up than wobbling. I've witnessed this first hand. You know how Rob does his hand offs... FREEZE GLITCH. ANY time nana grabs you, it can be a freeze glitch, if you've heard about Cort's match against PC where he was "recovering" and freeze glitched PC across the stage. That is intentional. Wobbling requires a more active pressence than freeze glitch comboing.

I strongly urge you to keep it banned.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Don't ban Mk otherwise Shifter might not get anywhere in the tourney. <3
I wonder how many times i scrolled over this thread and not noticed it. =o

MIGHT be able to bring a cube if I come. I don't think I can make it to Glendale for this thing. D=
But we'll see.

forward

Smash Champion
Well one arguement that pro-wobbling players use is that how easy it is to do is irrelevant. We could also apply the same arguement of don't get grabbed.

In wobbling you lose control of your character. In freeze glitching you can still DI. You actually have more control when you're glitched!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Good ****.

We should MM Shifter
Duffy, in your sig, are you saying you're just a bit player in the masses?

Bad.
---
And the IC's have really bad grab range...

I mean, come on...ICs are mid-tier, and Wobbling is situational. It's not like I can walk into a tournament and Wobble Mew2King all his four stocks. Someone who is extremely better than me.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i've never experienced the freeze glitch first hand, but is it something like ban wobbling and freeze glitch both, or just freeze glitch? or is it usually when wobbling is not banned, neither is freeze glitching?

i also agree with kosuke, both are kinda situational (not in getting grabbed or not, but in player ability) and shouldn't be the main focus of problems

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
i've never experienced the freeze glitch first hand, but is it something like ban wobbling and freeze glitch both, or just freeze glitch? or is it usually when wobbling is not banned, neither is freeze glitching?

i also agree with kosuke, both are kinda situational (not in getting grabbed or not, but in player ability) and shouldn't be the main focus of problems
Both the Freeze Glitch and Wobbling have been known for a long time. But *back then* (around the time both were discovered), only Freeze Glitching was and always has been banned since its discovery. Wobbling? Not so much.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Technically speaking, if you know the IC's matchup, you really won't get Wobbled.
---
Brawl Wobbling is dumb, though. That should be banned.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Well one arguement that pro-wobbling players use is that how easy it is to do is irrelevant. We could also apply the same arguement of don't get grabbed.

In wobbling you lose control of your character. In freeze glitching you can still DI. You actually have more control when you're glitched!
With wobbling you lose control of your character from the grab combo itself. The criteria specifically is Nana not being in lag of another move, being at a certain percentage so you can't break out instantly. The control the wobbler has over the other person's character is dependent upon performing the action of "wobbling" itself.

"Don't get grabbed" is absolutely correct regarding either technique, but the difference is also in the criteria. "Don't get grabbed*" for wobbling means don't get grabbed while Nana is available to "sync" with Popo. Don't get grabbed while Nana isn't caught in the lag of another move. Don't get grabbed while performing a laggy attack or jumping into something they can easily combo into grab. From my experience, I've been able to wiggle out below 40% from wobbling just because Nana happened to be stuck in another animation before I got caught, from there I can DI and eat something else or hope to escape a down throw > down air and keep my stock or die from something else, whatever.

I am fully aware of most possibilities of being Wobbled. What I want everyone to be aware of is that you have LESS time to respond to being Freeze Glitched. Freeze glitching actually gives the ICs MORE of a grace period in the "don't get grabbed" mentality. Nana can be in a laggier move, because now Popo can actually start a down throw while Nana is recovering and Nana will still have time to grab you, then you're ****ed, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. Ledge chain throw into wobbles at least requires an edge, but freeze glitching works as long as Nana has you. When I said how easy it was, I wasn't referring to the execution, I was referring to the OPTIONS. If anything, Wobbles himself often suggests using freeze glitch to COMBO into Wobbling.

Arguing that Freeze Glitching gives you more control is just invalid. You can DI while you're being wobbled, it's just that you're stuck in grab combo and you DI when you're smashed away. The problems with Freeze Glitching is of course DIing out of range of their grab to actually finish your stock which causes a stalling issue, freezing the victim can make a match unplayable, and of course you have ABSOLUTELY no control of your character in the absense of the opponents actions. This makes the freeze glitch the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of wobbling where despite it locking you in a grab combo until he messes it up. Freeze glitching allows the IC to control your stock at your his own leisure. You're stuck until he decides you're not stuck anymore by PRESSING a button, not by STOPPING button presses.

Freeze Glitch is something that is rightfully banned and needs to remain banned. Freeze Glitch CAN happen on accident or on purpose, Wobbling is simply never an accident. Freeze Glitching just has way more glaring problems that could have arisen during the early Melee years, but because it was banned, it wasn't necessary. Various forms of stalling, forcing match resets, it just isn't as clean as Wobbling.

Some people can Wobble for exorbitant amounts of time, of course, and it can POTENTIALLY suffer the same stalling problems, but it just hasn't happened because it actually requires the player to press a button to keep someone in it, on top of it always taking a stock. You can try to institute rules for the Freeze Glitch, but as I described, they are difficult to enforce at any major tournament. With Wobbling you can cap the percentage (300%), Freeze Glitch gives you nothing to work with against stalling, because you're stuck in the combo until they decide to let you go, IF they can let you go. You can get freeze glitched in such a way that it is impossible from the beginning. It's redundant to say, ok you lose the match if they get away, restart the match if they get frozen, etc.)

Even pro-Wobbling TOs like Neal should understand this. It's banned not just because it is "cheap" but it is something that shouldn't happen in a match, it's on another plane of lack of character control, and it something that I think should just stay in friendlies.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Snake can be countered MK not so much but if we ban MK than the people that main him will probably complain and not do so good in the tourney its just something we have to deal with

MK is the meta game of brawl

fark

Smash Apprentice
saying ban snake is like saying ban marth in melee. its stupid. snake can be beaten easier than mk just like justin said. after devo if we have another tourney im banning mk

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
MK+Snake would make a disgusting team.

C4 Stick->MK UpThrow on opponent->boom->Opponent+MK both die, but whatever, I get a lol out of it.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Me and Sean pulled that off in teams and won :) Except most of the time I just timed it so that it would explode after they were thrown and high so that they would die and not Sean too.

Yoko the wolf

Smash Cadet
This sounds interesting and I would've loved to attend but I have Prom on that day so I can't abandon my date. Tai I know you'll read this so we should practice together sometime. I miss playing Melee with real people. That and I don't like the fact that I suck now.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
This sounds interesting and I would've loved to attend but I have Prom on that day so I can't abandon my date. Tai I know you'll read this so we should practice together sometime. I miss playing Melee with real people. That and I don't like the fact that I suck now.
Hahaha... *sips tea*

That would be cool.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
BRYAN BRYAN SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10lowercaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom