• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pen and Sword: A game for storytellers. Day 1: Game Start

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
At last...

Blackbeard made a large arc with his right arm and hit the Itachi’s neck with the edge of his hand. The knuckle of his smallest finger connected with the base of his spine. He could feel the procession of individual bones popping and giving way beneath his hand. Itachi’s neck went with the blow while his head snapped in the other direction. Teach let go and watched him fall to the Earth a limp mess: the body gave a dull bounce and rolled over itself before settling on a final position. As he stood looking at his foe, all of the darkness seeped back into Blackbeard. What a queer kid, he thought.

Looking to his left across the field, Teach caught the familiar silhouette of his partner, and the Bear Man, amid the pine trees.

“I’m finished.”

Warning: I asked KevinM about doing this and he agreed with his character dying in a fight instead of a modkill.
I thought he was already killed off....

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV EDIT: That makes sense.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
KevinM wasn't killed by the moderator, so I don't believe that ended the round. Also, its been a long time and I'm sure Jam Stunna is able to make a decision.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Now, before I make an elimination, I need to know who's still interested in doing this? So far I know that Tom, Virg, Macman, TUSM, Matt and Eor are, but what about everyone else who hasn't posted since July 5th (every post since that date has been made by one of the people I mentioned, or they've IM'd me about the game)? I'd like to start by eliminating non-active people, but first I need to know who's still playing.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It's been 20 days since Sharpie shut down the writing by saying he'd end the day "tomorrow." Jam, will you be able to do it this weekend? All parties involved in this were very interested and enjoying themselves, myself included, but that interest is fast disappearing, almost entirely because of consistent "I'll end the day soon." And yes, I know a thing or two about how much frustration this causes everyone.

I understand this fell in your lap, Jam, and it was kind of you to take it on. Most of this frustration is aimed at Sharpevil. But the fact remains, if this game is to go on, it needs a moderator who will truly take charge of it and be excited about it.

Matt suggested that we get all players involved together to brainstorm possible moderators. Not to knock Jam, but he's a busy guy, and I get the feeling that this was thrust upon him. Perhaps we can brainstorm up another mod who would be excited to take ownership.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey, somebody said my name. /Hiemie

This looks like heaps of fun, but I don't think I could read through ALL of that, lol.
It's a shame and an irony how important Sharpie said commitment is to a game like this.

Plus you're all so good at writing I couldn't possibly judge O.O

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If there are still people interested in playing, I know this seems hella weird but I can rejoin now that I'm out of the hospital and my schedule isn't as hectic.

That probably seems like a copout though considering Virg already killed me so you can make it a last resort.

I just want to help you guys out and like I said, I hate dropping out of games.

<3.

Matt

Banned via Administration
After much deliberation, I've made a decision: I'm out.

It was fun while it lasted.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Grrrr, I always looked forward to your posts. They always made me laugh. Always.

Since you're not gonna be around anymore, I can now post......this

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Jam promised me there will be an elimination tomorrow. If not, we tar and feather him.

Hopefully he's not into that stuff...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Well, since Matt quit, that makes the elimination kind of easy, doesn't it?

The one thing I'm still not clear on: do I write his elimination as part of the story, or do I just post "Matt has been eliminated" and you guys continue on as normal?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I believe all eliminations were going to be written as part of the story. But, it the long run, it's up to you.

If you wanna be lazy, go ahead and take the easy way out. I'd prefer another chapter, but that's just me.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I was thinking they'd all be written into the story...

Or, if some one's character is up to killing >:^D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i enjoyed this game a lot and im sure within a year we might start a new one, this time with a reliable dgamer writer judge or duo of judges and probably 6 or 7 participants, and 2 week deadlines.

but not for a while.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I say we keep writing our story, because I really liked how it was going and the various character dynamics that were forming. To hell with a judge and eliminations and whatever. We can write Zangief out with a nice, honorable combat death to serve Mother Russia and then keep at it.

Who's with me?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
If it means I get to see more off EE beating the snot out of people, sure, I'll keep on writing. Would we be writing just for the sake of writing, or will there still be some sort of eliminations? That is, if enough people decide to continue with us.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
We could put it to a vote of all current and eliminated contestants, perhaps plus a couple of guest judges...

I'm thinking the person with the most votes gets to pick how the person with the fewest votes dies, and write it up. Or, we could have two votes, one for the winner and one for the loser. The votes would be public, so the budding alliances we have going would be affected :p (Hmmm, I've been helping Virg, but he just voted to eliminate me!")

The idea is to reward good writing, obviously, so this might need tweaking. The best way to move this game forward is to reward people by getting to write a death scene, and make their character look like a total badass. In the case of a "good" character eliminating another "good" (or allied) character, they have the option of, say, failing to defend that person, but turning it into a super-dramatic-motivational-now-I'm-super-saiyan-angry scene.

The winner also would have the option to "control" Saina during that writeup, if needed.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I can guest judge or something if you guys want me to. However, I'm not the best writer or the most qualified judge. I like helping out however I can though so if there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to IM/PM me.

Note: I am not a good creative writer so do not expect me to participate in the game itself.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Alright just talked to macman on AIM & roped him into maybe-hosting, if you're cool and want to play, say so!! <3

I'll be playing if it happens, gogogo!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm going on vacation in about another week or so, so if it starts up after I come back... I might join. Maybe.

Top Bottom