• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I was just coming here to talk about her using more from Super Princess Peach. I like the thought of her keeping her umbrella out at all times and using it as a club. I also like the thought of her specials changing around a bit to match Super Princess Peach.

Maybe her Final Smash could randomly select any one of the emotions, or perhaps select them based off of something?

Gloom makes her start crying and moving/attacking faster for awhile.
Rage makes her burst into flame for awhile.
Joy makes her start singing and spinning, making her float in the air like a tornado wrecking ball.
Calm makes her heal her wounds and put people to sleep.

More info on her powers from that game.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Princess_Peach#Peach.27s_.22Vibes.22

What if there was some sort of factor that decided what emotion you'll get? Like-

-If you have not been KO'd, you get the Joy Vibe.
-If you have been KO'd once, you get the Gloom Vibe.
-If you are KO'd more than twice, you get the Rage Vibe.
-If you have 0-10% damage, the Calm Vibe overrides all the above.

It would make the Final Smash be different everytime you use it, making it an incentive for Peach to collect the Smash Ball. As for attacks,

-Dash Attack changed to Dashbrella.
-Down Throw changed to Poundbrella (to decrease the amount of a$$ Peachy uses)
-Toad Counter is changed to Chargebrella (gives Toad availability, and now not only does the umbrella counter attacks, but when charged fires a projectile.)
- Up Special is just given Perry instead of normal parasol to add on to the theme, as well as be renamed Glidebrella or whatever.

Good? Bad? Meh?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
What if there was some sort of factor that decided what emotion you'll get? Like-

-If you have not been KO'd, you get the Joy Vibe.
-If you have been KO'd once, you get the Gloom Vibe.
-If you are KO'd more than twice, you get the Rage Vibe.
-If you have 0-10% damage, the Calm Vibe overrides all the above.

It would make the Final Smash be different everytime you use it, making it an incentive for Peach to collect the Smash Ball. As for attacks,

-Dash Attack changed to Dashbrella.
-Down Throw changed to Poundbrella (to decrease the amount of a$$ Peachy uses)
-Toad Counter is changed to Chargebrella (gives Toad availability, and now not only does the umbrella counter attacks, but when charged fires a projectile.)
- Up Special is just given Perry instead of normal parasol to add on to the theme, as well as be renamed Glidebrella or whatever.

Good? Bad? Meh?

I like it all. I was definitely thinking the same sort of thing as far as the emotions go--

- Calm, which heals Princess, would only happen if she was at a really high % (180% or so).
- Rage would happen if she's behind in KOs.
- Joy would happen if she's winning.
- Gloom would happen if she's been KOed a lot.

And Joy would probably be a worse Final Smash than an average FS and Rage/Gloom would be better than average. Basically, her FS would be designed to be kind of an equalizer.

I would love to see her standard attacks become her beating people with a sentient umbrella. I'd be fine with her down aerial becoming Poundbrella, too.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I was just coming here to talk about her using more from Super Princess Peach. I like the thought of her keeping her umbrella out at all times and using it as a club. I also like the thought of her specials changing around a bit to match Super Princess Peach.

Maybe her Final Smash could randomly select any one of the emotions, or perhaps select them based off of something?

Gloom makes her start crying and moving/attacking faster for awhile.
Rage makes her burst into flame for awhile.
Joy makes her start singing and spinning, making her float in the air like a tornado wrecking ball.
Calm makes her heal her wounds and put people to sleep.

More info on her powers from that game.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Princess_Peach#Peach.27s_.22Vibes.22

I would love to see her use her Super Princess Peach Move set.

And also not sure if any one pointed this out yet Peach was announced for brawl on Aug. 17 Fri. 2007..Who thinks she could end up being re-announced for smash in August?.

Deckete

Smash Cadet
Maybe Final Smash could be that power that come wings. Now I just do not know what that power make, but I know she has some play in there. I think.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Maybe Final Smash could be that power that come wings. Now I just do not know what that power make, but I know she has some play in there. I think.

The Empress Peach from Mario Strikers?

EDIT: 100th message!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't care for any moveset changes. Make her Final Smash more viable to use, give a little more killing power, and restore her jump. I want my high tier Peach back!

Deckete

Smash Cadet
For me the jump from Peach could stay the same as Brawl. Prefer your jump down in the brawl than the high of the melee. There are some techniques that only give to make when the your jump is down.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Although, I prefer Peach not being equipped with a Parasol at all times. My main concern is if her standard moves is bases around it(parasol/Perry) her moves will hit a few frames slower and lag more.

submediant

Smash Rookie
NNID
submediants
What I want most is a reliable fsmash, most preferably just the golf club. Having all the items go in a set order like Project M is also fine. I do prefer the Brawl double jump.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Peach is always good in Super Smash Bros games, I always enjoy playing as her.

I think the only thing I want to see are a few new color schemes.

Daisy color scheme: Keep that Daisy one, I've used that since Melee.
Rosalina color scheme: I'd like to see a Rosalina color scheme.
Ashley color scheme: I would like to see Peach with black hair, and give her red eyes.
Mona color scheme: I'd would like to see Peach with red hair.

I don't see why not just give her a Ashley and a Mona color scheme so we can see can see Peach with red hair and black hair.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Why not a Pauline color scheme as well? It's iconic...

TeamFlareZakk

Why not a Pauline color scheme as well? It's iconic...
Sure, why not.

Pauline was the Donkey Kong chick, right?

They kind of almost had her color scheme in Brawl, but her hair wasn't brunette, it should be brunette like her Daisy color scheme.

Avelez611

Smash Rookie
I think if anything they should change her final smash so that it has something to do with super princess peach or even have the mushroom kingdom come together to defend their princess I'm talking toads ready for battle attacking with chain chomps, Koopas, paratroopas, goombas, lakitu's and many more :) maybe even have her sister daisy make a cameo during her special guiding the troops who knows its just a cool thought :)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Peach definitely needs a new Final Smash, but mostly because her current one should have been Jigglypuff's from the start. I always found it odd how none of the Mario characters got a Final Smash from their actual games...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Peach definitely needs a new Final Smash, but mostly because her current one should have been Jigglypuff's from the start. I always found it odd how none of the Mario characters got a Final Smash from their actual games...

Mario Final seems close to Ultra Fire-move from SMRPG and is related to Mario's Pyrokinesis skill, anyway.

TeamFlareZakk

You mean Peach getting a Mega Mushroom?

Oh my...

Or maybe she could have Psych Bomb, I always loved that move in Mario RPG, and I was hoping that could be her final smash, she already has the frying pan, so why not?

Perry is another good idea for a final smash.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It was obviously fake with how graphically inferior Peach looks.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Just gotta say, Peach has always been one of my all time favorite gaming characters. Any game she's been playable in has been golden in my eyes (in reference to non sports/spinoff titles), and she's usually my top pick. I was always torn between her and Toad in SMB2, and I also flipped back and forth constantly between her and Bowser in Super Paper Mario. I can't wait for the new SM3DW!

As far as SSB, she's one of my mains. I'd be a little disappointed to see her move set change significantly, with the exception of replacing/altering her Toad Counter in the event that Toad finally makes the playable cut. If they do change her, though, they've gotta use her SPP Vibes. It's just too funny to play as a rampantly hormonal Peach.

MechanicalWood

Smash Rookie
I hope she's as strong as in Melee but as agile as in Brawl.
Ugh I mean she was so strong at Melee!! Now she's so weak at Brawl! I hope she's better on the next game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's sort of interesting that she's the last Mario veteran from Brawl to be unannounced. That being said, I'm pretty sure she'll be announced in December.

TeamFlareZakk

I hope she announced soon, Luigi was kind of a boring announcement.

I don't really like using Mario and Luigi, they're a bit overused imo, so I like to use other characters, my main Mario characters were Peach and Bowser ever since Melee, we seen Bowser, now I'd like to see Peach.

I'm thinking Peach might be announced before Zelda.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's sort of interesting that she's the last Mario veteran from Brawl to be unannounced. That being said, I'm pretty sure she'll be announced in December.
Don't forget Yoshi, but I guess that's a moot point when you realize that he represents the Yoshi series instead.

Anyway, it would be odd if Peach ended up being demoted to an unlockable, but this has happened in Fortune Street.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just read through the thread. Page 2-3; quite creepy. Would not recommend.

I know I'm like six months late; but surely the reason Peach's sports outfit wouldn't be feasible is because (and correct me if I'm wrong here) her dress is used in one of the attacks.

I mean; they can always change that move, but if that's the case...I selfishly want them to change her B move first before giving her the option to show off her legs.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm expecting her in December. I'm also expecting her to look amazing in HD (no perviness intended). I just hope she gets buffed at least a bit in SSB4. I want her strong.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Just read through the thread. Page 2-3; quite creepy. Would not recommend.

I know I'm like six months late; but surely the reason Peach's sports outfit wouldn't be feasible is because (and correct me if I'm wrong here) her dress is used in one of the attacks.

I mean; they can always change that move, but if that's the case...I selfishly want them to change her B move first before giving her the option to show off her legs.

The dress attack would still have special effects that would give away the attack radius... it'd just look like she's attacking with spinning energy instead of dress fabric.

What do you want changed about her Neutral B? Just removing Toad so it seems less weird from him to get in?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The dress attack would still have special effects that would give away the attack radius... it'd just look like she's attacking with spinning energy instead of dress fabric.

What do you want changed about her Neutral B? Just removing Toad so it seems less weird from him to get in?
That could work I guess. I keep forgetting Peach has some sort of mystic power about her in the RPGs. I forget whether it's magic or something more specific she's supposed to have about her...

As for the Toad removal; honestly? I want something from Super Princess Peach. I played that game, and I think Peach could quite easily counter with Rage, and I imagine her burning with fury would at least match pulling out poor Toad to take the attack for her in terms of comical value.

If that's too much of a stretch, I'd settle for the more appropriate Toadsworth, who is her true retainer after all.

(But yeah; mostly so Toad can be playable. I'm very very selfish when it comes to the Mushroom man)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
That could work I guess. I keep forgetting Peach has some sort of mystic power about her in the RPGs. I forget whether it's magic or something more specific she's supposed to have about her...

As for the Toad removal; honestly? I want something from Super Princess Peach. I played that game, and I think Peach could quite easily counter with Rage, and I imagine her burning with fury would at least match pulling out poor Toad to take the attack for her in terms of comical value.

If that's too much of a stretch, I'd settle for the more appropriate Toadsworth, who is her true retainer after all.

(But yeah; mostly so Toad can be playable. I'm very very selfish when it comes to the Mushroom man)

Ah, I was thinking less "mystic power" and just more "anime/fighting game". I mean, it's not like her hitting people with the hem of her dress actually makes sense either. :)

I would laugh at seeing her momentarily erupt with pure fiery rage at the concept of someone attacking her and then returning back to normal, heh.

Maybe she could explode if someone attacks her directly but if she uses it against a projectile she erupts into tears and starts running towards them while invincible to close the gap? And if nobody attacks her, she laughs with joy and is incapacitated for a second.

Or somethin'.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ah, I was thinking less "mystic power" and just more "anime/fighting game". I mean, it's not like her hitting people with the hem of her dress actually makes sense either. :)

I would laugh at seeing her momentarily erupt with pure fiery rage at the concept of someone attacking her and then returning back to normal, heh.

Maybe she could explode if someone attacks her directly but if she uses it against a projectile she erupts into tears and starts running towards them while invincible to close the gap? And if nobody attacks her, she laughs with joy and is incapacitated for a second.

Or somethin'.
Sir; between this and the Roy ideas I really am beginning to like your style of thinking.

The joy incap is pretty damn clever, and you've incorporated all three of her vibe powers into one move.

(Plus with this we can have raging Kirby too)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Sir; between this and the Roy ideas I really am beginning to like your style of thinking.

The joy incap is pretty damn clever, and you've incorporated all three of her vibe powers into one move.

(Plus with this we can have raging Kirby too)

Hah! Poor, emotional Kirby.

And it would incorporate Calm as well, since she'd sink into a tranquil state when preparing to counter.
Thanks, though-- good to hear that I'm not the only one who likes my random moveset ideas. :laugh:

So, what other ideas do we have for Final Smashes? Should her current one just be buffed a bit?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My Idea for Peach's Final Smash:

There would be a Vibe Gauge on the top of the screen, which constantly decreases.

The Four Vibes can be selected by a directional key (maybe the D-pad). Anger mode - Peach is covered by a damaging firey hitbox. Her speed remains normal.

Calm mode - Peach gradually recovers her health.

Sad mode - Peach starts bawling with tears flying out on both her sides like in Super Princess Peach. The tears do less damage than Anger mode's fire but Peach becomes much faster in this mode.

Glad mode - Peach can fly using her aerials, like Wario-Man. It can allow her to attack an opponent like Jiggly's wall of pain.

I know it's an impossibility, and would be a nightmare to program, but it would be awesome nonetheless.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
My Idea for Peach's Final Smash:

There would be a Vibe Gauge on the top of the screen, which constantly decreases.

The Four Vibes can be selected by a directional key (maybe the D-pad). Anger mode - Peach is covered by a damaging firey hitbox. Her speed remains normal.

Calm mode - Peach gradually recovers her health.

Sad mode - Peach starts bawling with tears flying out on both her sides like in Super Princess Peach. The tears do less damage than Anger mode's fire but Peach becomes much faster in this mode.

Glad mode - Peach can fly using her aerials, like Wario-Man. It can allow her to attack an opponent like Jiggly's wall of pain.

I know it's an impossibility, and would be a nightmare to program, but it would be awesome nonetheless.
It can always be a random vibe. But Glad mode sounds deadly. Peach with infinite air time with near infinite aerials. Yikes.

TeamFlareZakk

I think Peach's final smash should be Perry, especially considering how she used Perry to make Bowser blast off at the speed of light in Super Princess Peach.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
Personality wise: I hope they get rid of her skipping. I know she suppose to be carefree and lighten the mood at times, but this is a little too childish.

Top Bottom