• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Video Thread, Best Vids in OP!

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
lower % down throw into basically anything
heavier characters you can chain a couple of forward tilts at 0% grab and even a standalone ftilt in the 20-30s%
for lighter characters you'll get a forward tilt off the grab 0 - 10% but after that you need to chase after them cuz they go too far, usually a quick nair does the job but you can use uair or even bair for some mixup if you're confident you can land it
dair is a bit harder to hit off of down throw but once you get the spacing down you can probably pull it off

at high percent when it comes to grabs forward throw does nothing in this game
and up throw is good only if you think you can uair opponents falling down which isn't always the best option
down throw sends opponents pretty far but it's good for managing the center of the stage
the most useful throw for me is back throw near the edge
not only is it a very viable KO tool into the low-to-mid-100s%, but it sets up for numerous edgeguarding opportunities

and what the hell you talkin bout boy
you're peach, you can float man
you should never be getting shield grabbed off of dairs! approaching with ground floated dairs is not a solid strategy and should be used for mixup, approach with spaced nairs w/dtilt for now
once you find the appropriate height to avoid counterattack (usually right above or on the head) for your floated dairs you can scare people into their shield because it comes out so quickly in succession
once you get it down, two dairs on shield will SHIELD BREAK
so you know they are gonna be feeling some pressure when they see how small their shield suddenly got
it's great for keeping shieldhuggers in line esp. at high percents

and if you ever find yourself unable to get a confirm off anything
remember you got one of the best down-bs in the game
with correct spacing you can get nearly anything off a turnip-bop on an opponent--
so remember,
peach has a varied and powerful moveset
don't be scared to utilize all of her options.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
oh ****
sorry I misread your nairs as dairs with the shieldgrabbing problem
just space your nairs
don't go charging at your opponent with a nair unless you prepare to grab
you have to properly space them
that's why spaced nairs --> downtilt is a good strategy in this game
even if you don't get the nair you can still downtilt because after you throw the nair out they'll come running at you for counterattack
and downtilt has good range so you can effectively keep a safe and guaranteed distance away without getting in trouble yourself

plus dtilt is great for comboing
hitstun for daaaaaaays

Last edited:

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
oh ****
sorry I misread your nairs as dairs with the shieldgrabbing problem
just space your nairs
don't go charging at your opponent with a nair unless you prepare to grab
you have to properly space them
that's why spaced nairs --> downtilt is a good strategy in this game
even if you don't get the nair you can still downtilt because after you throw the nair out they'll come running at you for counterattack
and downtilt has good range so you can effectively keep a safe and guaranteed distance away without getting in trouble yourself

plus dtilt is great for comboing
hitstun for daaaaaaays
np man that makes sense. I'm still practicing my ground nair and dair pressure. Also thanks I'll keep in mind about back throw :)

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
np man that makes sense. I'm still practicing my ground nair and dair pressure. Also thanks I'll keep in mind about back throw :)
Also some low percent combos R
Dthrow>ftilt>peachbomber
Dair>fair
Dtilt>fair
Dtilt>Usmash
Ftilt>ftilt>peachbomber

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
dair-->fair seems to have a lot of potential
because although I haven't tested it I believe it still follows up as long as the opponent is 50% or less

if all hits land that's a sweet 26%
could you imagine down throw ftilt ftilt dair fair? if it's doable,
that's a good 50% already right there

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
dair-->fair seems to have a lot of potential
because although I haven't tested it I believe it still follows up as long as the opponent is 50% or less

if all hits land that's a sweet 26%
could you imagine down throw ftilt ftilt dair fair? if it's doable,
that's a good 50% already right there
If u downthrow>ftilt>peachbomber and then dair>fair that already 50%

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
getting the peach bomber off of the ftilt isn't guaranteed

down throw to ftilt is definite no matter what
of course if you can pull off the peach bomber then you can follow up for more damage
but at that point it's not as much of a surefire combo than it is an improvised one

usually
because the opponent has time to escape the peach bomber
it's not the optimal option
so down throw-->ftilt(x2)-->whatever is guaranteed
but down throw-->ftilt(x2)-->peach bomber-->dair-->fair isn't
even though it is possible.

my down throw-->ftiltx2-->dair-->fair conjecture was because I think with enough finesse you can immediately transition from the ftilt to a dair-->fair while the opponent is struggling to get away in the air.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
getting the peach bomber off of the ftilt isn't guaranteed

down throw to ftilt is definite no matter what
of course if you can pull off the peach bomber then you can follow up for more damage
but at that point it's not as much of a surefire combo than it is an improvised one

usually
because the opponent has time to escape the peach bomber
it's not the optimal option
so down throw-->ftilt(x2)-->whatever is guaranteed
but down throw-->ftilt(x2)-->peach bomber-->dair-->fair isn't
even though it is possible.

my down throw-->ftiltx2-->dair-->fair conjecture was because I think with enough finesse you can immediately transition from the ftilt to a dair-->fair while the opponent is struggling to get away in the air.
It's down-throw to one ftilt and on fast fallers or heavy weights down-throw-->foward-tilt-->peachbomber works

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
I don't doubt you so I'll try it out

--on a dead cpu it seems to work just fine
but I'm not sure if the time window between the ftilt and the bomber is short enough to disallow a jump from the heavyweight
I'll check again later.

but that is a solid 26% there otherwise,
and chained with a dair-->fair if you can land it,
that's a supplemented combo with 52%.
nice find.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
A lot of tournaments R open to customs so I use

Sleep toad
Fire peach bomber
Parasol
Vegetable

@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch can expirement with them and tell us which could be useable?

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
personally I love the heavy turnip but that's just me
I haven't played seriously with customs though

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
this should be the gushing about kie thread

those nairs are beautiful
I do not comprehend his level of precision with the 3ds controls

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I've noticed that peaches haven't been used in tournements that much. The only big US tournament with a peach was peachyhime in KTAR X

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ Alacion Alacion : Damn! What a close set! Thank you so much for the share!

This video seems to confirm that Yoshi is going to be a major pain to fight. Also, did Yoshi's down aerial really deal 30% damage..? XD

And Mr. Saturn just became an hero in SSB4.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Has anyone seen her customs being used in matches, I want to see if they are competitively viable. It seems that not much people R using it in tounaments. Have u guys seen any videos of her using customs in tournament matches?

Luminario

Smash Lord
@ Alacion Alacion : Damn! What a close set! Thank you so much for the share!

This video seems to confirm that Yoshi is going to be a major pain to fight. Also, did Yoshi's down aerial really deal 30% damage..? XD

And Mr. Saturn just became an hero in SSB4.
I'd just really like to know who the hell did Yoshi's balancing. Every single one I've come across online has been an absolute annoyance. Even the CPUs are hard to deal with.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
I haven't seen any big smash 4 peach mains other than kie, peachyhime, and dark.pch. Have u guys found anymore?

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
goodness need more kie

is kie the only sm3sh peach player so far that has videos uploaded?

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
fantastic! I'm very glad to say my peach plays very similarly to slayerz; I know I'm on the right curve

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
we need some high level peach vs sheik

that match up stresses so much good movement on peach's part
would be super helpful as a reference just in general

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
if you keep good movement above him, I find the mu isn't terribly bad

pk fire can be jumped out of just like elfire, and although pk thunders can be bothersome to our slow-falling peach, dairs will cancel out the pk thunder 80% of the time

ness is pretty easy to bait, too, I think, but I may have just not played a very good ness yet. retreating fairs work wonders on him in my experience, and edgeguarding him is ensured with proper toad usage.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
if we're okay with sharing videos of our own here:

this is me versus a sheik who I find I'm rather evenly matched with.
I enjoyed my first stock, but some silly errors with the grenade caused me to eat cheap damage.
the rest of the match, however, I feel I was not playing as pleasantly as I could; if you'd like to watch and offer advice, I'd be very willing to hear it.

now, because of lag I did miss a grab input or two by accidentally rolling instead (which upsets me, as there's naught I can do),
but my main goal is to receive criticism on how I dealt with approaching sheik and pressuring her up close.

Last edited:

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
Fair warning, I am not good right now and the Marth I'm facing is... yeah. This is just me playing around with customs and trying to get past dem 3ds controls. I immediately noticed a difference when I got the Wii U version today--Namely spacing is much easier with a gamecube controller and a 1080p screen for me.

I think the things I like most about this video is the combo from d-throw into flying bomber. From 0% you can do this combo roughly 3 times before it stops working for around 20% each depending on character weight. I also feel like Sleepy Toad is an almost direct upgrade from default.

I'm using shield healer, crouch healer and perfect shield helper in this video, though personally I find myself gravitating away from crouch healer towards exploding perfect shield as I often fight slightly too aggressively to make good use out of it.

Last edited:

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Top Bottom