• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Video Thread, Best Vids in OP!

Beans94

Smash Rookie
NNID
ktbeans
Dark.Pch,

What are the inputs for the insta float you are using for movement? I feel like I am not able to do it as quick as you and am wondering whether I am just crazy or if it is more complicated that floating for a second and letting it go.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch,

What are the inputs for the insta float you are using for movement? I feel like I am not able to do it as quick as you and am wondering whether I am just crazy or if it is more complicated that floating for a second and letting it go.
im gonna have a vid up about it. But its a mixture of quick float releases and Dash Dancing

Kento

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kento726
3DS FC
1203-9959-5718

Here's Dark.Pch teaching me the float movement.

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
Great Vid very helpful. I wanna get some matches in with u later Kento. I was in ur stream yesterday thelastHeero

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You can fastfall the ground float. It's harder to do if you want to do fast ground float hops but it's considerably faster.

Btw, when I do ground float, I first press down and then jump. It works better for me. However, out of shield you must do jump and then down. If you first press down first you will spotdodge.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ok I saw the matches. You seem to play a lil sacred when one is on your shield. You roll away alot. When someone attacks your shield, you can throw out grounded nairs/bairs. Or just be patient and have them evade and then go on the offense.Times you roll away alot when you blocked an attack and gave up pressure. These are the time when its your turn to play and your opponent can not try to push anymore buttons or they will get punish. So limit the use of trying to roll so much out or nearly everything and be patient.

Next thing I noticed is you trying to fight your way back on stage. When you was off stage coming back, you always wanted to throw out a fair and got punished alot for it. You can't be doing this, That move is slow and alot of characters can hit you out of that easily. What you need to do is start recovering low. move in and out as you go for low recoveries. Don't panic to air dodges and attacks alot. You can get bait out of that and get hit. You was taking alot of dmamage cause you just wanted to fight your way back on. Can't do that.

The way you approach needs to be mixed up. Sometimes you would go in with hard unsafe fairs that your opponent could have punished you for but did not alot so got lucky. Go in with jump turnip tosses to spaced nairs. Then run back and use slick movement with her float to bait a reaction and punish. Or just use the movement in general with a turnip in hand to make it hard to tell what you will do.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
ok I saw the matches. You seem to play a lil sacred when one is on your shield. You roll away alot. When someone attacks your shield, you can throw out grounded nairs/bairs. Or just be patient and have them evade and then go on the offense.Times you roll away alot when you blocked an attack and gave up pressure. These are the time when its your turn to play and your opponent can not try to push anymore buttons or they will get punish. So limit the use of trying to roll so much out or nearly everything and be patient.

Next thing I noticed is you trying to fight your way back on stage. When you was off stage coming back, you always wanted to throw out a fair and got punished alot for it. You can't be doing this, That move is slow and alot of characters can hit you out of that easily. What you need to do is start recovering low. move in and out as you go for low recoveries. Don't panic to air dodges and attacks alot. You can get bait out of that and get hit. You was taking alot of dmamage cause you just wanted to fight your way back on. Can't do that.

The way you approach needs to be mixed up. Sometimes you would go in with hard unsafe fairs that your opponent could have punished you for but did not alot so got lucky. Go in with jump turnip tosses to spaced nairs. Then run back and use slick movement with her float to bait a reaction and punish. Or just use the movement in general with a turnip in hand to make it hard to tell what you will do.
Okay. I will still do my best to keep reducing rolls and using my other options out of shield. I really want to get out of that bad habit. A question for rolls and spot dodge punishes for peach is what is her best option to punish them? For rolls I tend to do down smash and it works but is there a better way? For spot dodges I was told to use jab but that does not work and to me it does not seem to be a good punish option. For the fairs I really should stop going for them. As soon as it got shielded a few times I was scared I was going to die from it and that is a bad habit I have to get rid of.

I had a match against a zero suit different then the first one. I'm not sure how to deal with zero suit since it seems like nearly all her options are safe. I had no clue how to approach her because my float options were limited because of z air and the mix of her paralyzer. How should I approach her safely and how do I punish her accordingly?

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
To punish a roll, if I know where they are gonna roll to I chase it with a Dash attack. They will roll right into the hitbox. If The spot dodge, you can punish that with a dair. even if they somehow shield it, you can auto cancel it and then evade.

I'm gonna make a video on how to deal with ZSS in a few and post it here.

Here is a vid I made on how I move so quick with Peach using her float. You should really learn this. I will help a lot.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I'm getting the movement somewhat so far I can do it out of a dash. I will probably skip next week's tournament to work on movement.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I still think you should go. Just to help with your habits. And you have a whole week anyway.

Also the vid

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Loving these videos! They're a nice combination of amusing and educational. Personally need to work on QFR. Luckily the combos come more easily. Thanks for putting them together! (And yes I did like them on youtube!)

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
personally I love the down throw --> nair --> down throw --> bair --> side-b

that is so satisfying to land
for lighter and smaller characters I tend to stick with the ftilts or a follow up whatever.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't really like using Ftilt in combos much. I feel don't get much out it or can stay close to the player for frame traps.

Last edited:

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
for lighter characters I think it's one of the only reliable confirms you can get off of down throw
maybe a uair if you mobilize quickly enough

I rarely use it for mid-to-larger characters unless for mix-up into f-smash or fair or something

ftilt has a bit too much lag for whiffing, dtilt all around is usually a better option unless you want to extend a combo
I do like using ftilt for close-quarters sometimes when the opponent likes to rush, hitbox comes out quickly enough whereas dtilt I usually find will at the very best clank

otherwise I don't usually pull it out.

I find myself using a lot of grabs and nairs and dairs for lower percent, and dtilts and fairs and grabs for higher percents--
my best moves for killing are pivot grab to back throw at ledge, dtilt to parasol, and fairs whenever I can get em. she has so many kill options it's boggling.

HeeroOfTheSkys

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeeroOfTheSkys
Finally got a chance to watch ur tuts Dark.Pch. Awesome vids, really helped me a lot

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
yeah, that grab combo is great. I didn't think you'd be able to mobilize fast enough to throw out a nair before the opponent could recover but your video showed it was possible, so now my down throw options have expanded hugely.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
In case Y'all were wondering what Kie was up to <3

Last edited:

InfinityZERO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CeroCulpa
3DS FC
0447-5489-0482
Hey, I wanted to give you some opinions from a Shulk main who wants to transfer to Peach. If a Shulk has their back to you, they want to Nair. So it is best just to block that. Almost everything a Shulk does involves being in the air and is all unsafe on block (you almost always got this down). Shulk doesn't have much on the ground since all of it has much more lag than the aerial attacks (for example, he has to stand back up if he wants to move from Dtilt). Except for blocked Fsmash on Buster (purple) you can punish heavily with Peach. This goes for every mode they are in. The best times to be combo heavy (if possible) are during Buster (purple) and Jump (green), since both increase the amount of damage he takes. Be more careful during Buster since Shulk's damage output increases by about 30%.

Shulk has an okay throw game, but can kill better with a Dthrow during Smash mode (red).

Obviously, you beat the hell out of Saint but just a heads up for future Shulks.

Top Bottom