• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i found tickets to whobo for like 237 last night.

considered it.

then was like hell nah.

it'd mean staying in TX a week and missing all that school and HW. =(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
looooooooooooooooool

you had me excited until I scrolled down.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yo dark i was just messin around w/ dates and days on travelocity.

it was prob sumtin like leave on wednesday return on tuesday or sumtin stupid.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Damm Raz. The only way I could actually go is if I moved to TX. But I have no family there and no one to stay with.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
kyle, my spring break is like april 5 to 12.

and dark, just talk to xyro. he's a **** TO, I'm positive he'll hook it up w/ housing or sumtin.

if ya learned anything from pound it'll prob be to have just a little more faith in peeps.

he'll hook it up without fail, i'm positive.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
He did raz. I got free hosuing,pick up/drop off and free entry to all events. I just have to get there. in other words, pay my way to TX. But these ticket prices (the ones I found are insane). I would actually have to move to TX in order to pull this off. Cause honestly, On the 19 of March. thats when my 2 years in this independent living program is up. Plank helped me out big time, all I had to do was get to the tourny. Which only cost me 40 round trip. a melee player named spife gave me a ride to the bus station cause I had no ride back. He even bout me dinner. We ate at some resturant. I was gonna sleep in the car cause I had no momey, he said not to worry about it , he pay for me.

My faith in people definitly has changed this weekend. it was amazing. I could not believe it. This guy helping out some random brawl player he does not even know and buying him dinner.

But the deal was I get sponsered, I just have to get to TX. And these plan tickets are killing it. I would seriously have to move there. Which I don't think I would mind cause TX is cheaper than NYC to live in.

z00ted

Dark Pch if you lived in Texas for a bit I would love you forever.

It's seriously the cheapest state to live in, AND you could chill with everyone in Texas.

(you've probably met a good amount of people at Pound)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
^woah you're alive!

i'm coming to TX on the 18th :D
we can do some teams friendlies/MMs if you like.

I heard you teamed with Will and practiced for a bit at pound? I r is heard good news. :3

:dk2:

Enjoy the massive **** of Peach/ DK doubles.

:peach:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark Pch if you lived in Texas for a bit I would love you forever.

It's seriously the cheapest state to live in, AND you could chill with everyone in Texas.

(you've probably met a good amount of people at Pound)
problem is I don't have a place to stay. I would need to find me a job. Plus a place to live. I would go to TX with around 1000 bucks. I might be able to get settle with a place. I am not sure how much studio apartments are over there or renting a job.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
honestly dark, you got too much goin' on. just settle your own **** and then come back to this coz you will for sure have free entrance/housing if you go to whobo.

just take care of your own **** for now lol.

z00ted

problem is I don't have a place to stay. I would need to find me a job. Plus a place to live. I would go to TX with around 1000 bucks. I might be able to get settle with a place. I am not sure how much studio apartments are over there or renting a job.
Honestly, that sounds like a great idea.

I'm pretty sure you could get a job here easily - and I know you would be better off living in Texas than New York. The only problem would probably be transportation for a short while until you can get a vehicle to drive.

Your choice.

Raz is right.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
there's like 3 smashers from socal (dao, jmex, bigfoot) that moved to texas because of easier economic times over there too.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
bigfoot lives with his decently affluent parents, and dao/jmex idk. they just worked and saved i guess. idk anything about settling in. they just did i guess.

Esca

Smash Champion
Dao lived in Texas with his parents, so that's how he made it.

Drk. Peach, to give you a pretty good idea on the cost of living, I was paying 600 a month for a nice HOUSE that had a yard/driveway etc.

Cheap living is abundant here.

z00ted

get a frakin car.

Also: I've noticed that not ALL tournament results have been posted for Peach in this thread with some particular people.

Should we make players post all of their results? The list could look sort of skewed if we didn't.

gantrain05

Smash Master
as long as you don't move to iowa, it blows here, its not really.....expensive, its actually pretty cheap, but THERES NOTHINNNNNNNG HERE.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
idk the results but i didn't do well today but it was a small tourney so it was a good time to be out of it. i lost mid tiers to falln (kirby) and pitbull (sheik).

played w/ vato and he told me i was just being way way too slow so i warmed up more and i guess i kinda felt it.

i play a round, i play mike. beat his marth on bf w/ like 30-40ish on my last stock, then lost last hit on bf to his mk (i got uthrown at 200, he was at like 140-150), then i lost on picto to his mk. he banned ps1. i guess i shud've gone like YI or FD and i guess i shud just play better lol. then i lost to zekey's d3. mah travel buddy beat me so meh. it's all good haha.

i'll be sure to rly get in a better gear by whobo. i did bad today but i'm pretty optimistic that i have it in me to **** and be consistent.

oh and i got to kick it w/ lancestern a little! i played him in mid tier w/ my ike and fox XD

LanceStern

Smash Lord
That Fox... I went to the same tourney and did eh... It's crazy I can do work in friendlies and win, but I hit the tourney matches and get to last hit everytime and lose.

In mid tier I did work on a Kirby first round for the win. Second round ran into Panda and his Kirby and got messed up round 1. Round 2 I adapted REALLY well but self destructed in the mid of the match to put myself at a terrible position. Lost that one and was sent to losers.

Losers I ran into Raz's Ike. Honestly I should've won the first game (he still would've got the set) but my two attempts to gimp Ike got me gimped instead at low percentage. Won on game 2 against his Ike but then got wrecked by his Fox on Halberd. I'll be ready next time haha.

For actual tourney match, I played against a ROB which was very scary. Adapted well and wound up JV two stocking him. I then made it easier on myself and switched to Samus game 2 and took it on Frigate Orpheon.

Next I run into PR #1 in SoCal... Tyrant. He decides to go Marth on my Samus (I chose Samus because I was playing friendlies with Raz and legitmately Samus can time out MK on Smashville if played right). He screws up mid match and I wind up gimping him to myself in the lead, but self-destruct again from my messed up time-out attempt. He beats me with another gimp he's at like 70% I was at like 70%. He goes Metaknight round 2 and beats my Samus again.

In Losers I lost to Zekey. His D3 beat my Peach JV two stock on smashville so I cop-out again and chose Samus. He switches to Metaknight, I have the win (he's at 120% I'm at like 40%) and I get GIMPED AGAIN. Honestly I should've stuck with Peach because we did a friendly after and i beat his D3 on Battlefield 1 stock low percentage. <3 to Zekey though if he name searches cause he did work this tourney.

I gotta be more confident with Peach even if I lose. And I need to stop playing so close to the ledge until I am more aware of my opponents' options because I self destructed or was low percentage gimped about 6 times at this tourney.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
idk, maybe u do need more confidence in your peach but you were winning with samus, you're a dual-main so it's ok to use your own discretion lol.

and i about DDD...i think ima cop out to my falco/fox/mk more. what's really hard for me is that the striking was just the standard 3 neutrals so ofc the smallest stage (BF) gets nixed and we're stuck on SV/FD w/ no plats to help alleviate the bair pressure (by a ton). It'd cool for me if there were 5 neutrals so then I can strike FD and SV and end up on BF/YI/Lylat/PS1 (even though PS1 is good for DDD i guess it's easier for me at least haha).

outside of that I'm gonna figure out a gayer, more effective way to fight ddd coz all ddd does is spam bair and camp.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ah coz when i played mike 'the TO' haze he said there were just the 3 standard ones.

>_<

so yah, it came directly from the TO's mouth.

that's laaaame lol.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Arizona Power Ranking Decision 2
March 12th, 2011
Mesa, AZ
$10 entry fee
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299556

2nd out of 20

1: Darklink :metaknight: :snake: :falco: $120
2: Silly Kyle :peach: $60
3: Gebroni (Jard) :snake: :metaknight: $20
4: Tommy :snake:
5: Anjila :lucario:
5: Stevo :dk2: :mario2:
7: Jane :olimar:
7: K9 :link2: :falco:

I won $60 in singles. Pretty happy about that and I can save it for my money matches for my first out of state tournament!! Need to play lots of people so I can get better and learn more things.

I only lost to Darklink. Made it to Grand Finals and lost 1-2 in set score. Even though I lost, I feel good in the Meta Knight matchup and I'm ready to take it to the next level.

Got the practice and advice I needed just before going to WHOBO 3. I'm feeling pretty confident about my Peach and I can't wait to be in Houston, TX, competing!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Kira is in SoCal for the time being and Duff0 is busy with his band. It was sad that they weren't in attendance, but I look forward to next time they are present so I can stomp some hoes. Thankfully it will be after WHOBO 3 and I get some valuable experience. <3

z00ted

World Hobo 3
March 18th - 20th, 2011
Houston, Tx
$15 Entry Fee
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300010

13th out of 139

1: Ally==:metaknight:/:snake:/:marth:
2: Razer==:snake:
3: Dojo==:metaknight:
4: ADHD==:diddy:
5: Vinnie==:gw:/:popo:
5: Atomsk==:metaknight:
7: Shugo==:falco:/:metaknight:
7: Will==:dk2:
9: Inui==:metaknight:
9: Logic==:olimar:
9: Tyrant==:metaknight:
9: Trela==:lucario:
13: Illmatic==:peach:
13: Smoom==:popo:
13: RedHalberd==:metaknight:
13: Mvd==:snake:

Fun tournament, definitely my best placing. I wish I could have placed 9th for you guys.

Oh, I also went on a money match adventure:

Money Matches Over $10

Ensis :toonlink: - $50, 3/5 W

Tmacc :dedede: - $10, 3/5 W

Will :dk2: - $10, 3/5 W

FlameWaveK :lucario: - $10, 2/3 W

Money Matches Under $10

ESAM :pikachu2: - $5, 2/3 W (in tournament)

Zano :marth: - $5, 2/3 W

Nike :marth: - $5, 2/3 L

Ally :metaknight: - $5, 2/3 L

Logic :olimar: - $5, 2/3 L (I allowed him to go MK on Brinstar game three)

Neon :dk2: - $5, 2/3 W

Sinister Slush :yoshi2: - $5, 2/3 W

Vinnie :peach: - $5, 2/3 W

Vinnie :gw: - $5, 2/3 L

Fujin :zelda: - $3, 2/3 W

RedHalberd :snake: - $5, 2/3 W

RedHalberd :metaknight: - $5, 2/3 W

ADHD :diddy: - $5, 2/3 L

Slaps :ike: - $5, 2/3 W

Shadow1pj :toonlink: - $5, 2/3 W

Ozz :falco: - $5, 2/3 L

Jnig :wario: - $5, 2/3 W

Leaf :pikachu2: - $5, 2/3 WW

Raz :snake: - $5, 2/3 L

Tmacc :wario: - $3, 2/3 W

FlameWaveK :peach: - $1, 2/3 W

Zeton :fox: - $5, 2/3 W (in tournament)

DFEAR :diddy: - $5, 2/3 W

Vinnie :popo: - $5, 2/3 L

ChaosGriffin :dk2: - $5, 2/3 W

MechWarrior :dk2: - $10, 2/3 W

BSL :luigi2: - $3, 2/3 W

BSL :olimar: - $3, 2/3 W

Atomsk :dedede: - $5, 2/3 L

Atomsk :wario: - $5, 2/3 W

NOID :samus2: - $5, 2/3 W

NOID :sheik: - $10, 2/3 W

Total Wins: 27

Total Losses: 9

Nicole

Smash Champion
Let me be the first one to congratulate you Ill. I always **** talk you because you have a big head but you truly are the best Peach. I'm really happy that Peach finally placed well at a big tournament and I have you to thank for it. Don't get too overconfident and I know you'll continue improving and show everyone what you and our character are capable of. I think the day is coming where you'll win a small/mid size tournament soon.

That being said, here is my placing:
WHOBO - 33rd of 139
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300010

I'm not proud of it or happy with it but I want it up all the same.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
it's pretty coo that every1 is gettin' a lot better.

it was also cool as **** to do a little peach vid lab w/ silly kyle and just look and discuss peach vids together at sync's house, that was mad helpful.

and gj to the peaches for doin' well.

and as for my placing

bull****/139

lol

z00ted

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i should have just went to sync's and chilled with you all. i wanted to be in the peach lab :(

Top Bottom