• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach Social Thread: Royal Discussions

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I just don't think there's a strong established community here yet. Around the same time frame after Brawl's release, the boards pretty much had all of its prominent posters, and ongoing activity. With the old community I can only assume it isn't the same here because we're all 7 years older and busier with life now or have moved on to other characters. But that's just my opinion.

We aren't completely alone though, other mods have noted the same problem with their respective boards overall as well. They all be lowkey dead lol

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've felt pretty rusty with Peach as of late, so I wonder if anyone could help me pick up potentially bad habits and ways to improve.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't know and I asked in the Character Competitive Impressions thread and Sinister Slush figured it was this.
Looks like something that was in Brawl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyHH1gvbp4g#t=13s

Too lazy to find videos on what it actually is (not a peach player) or the term. Jump, cancel the short hop with float, press Down twice to cancel float, and I think just continue doing that.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Fun fact, you can embed Twitter stuff.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I don't know why, but Vine's not working, so I'll check later.

Edit: Never mind, it worked and Peach looks silly doing that. @Dark.Pch could look into it.
DarkPch was one of the first people ive shown that to. He thinks its basic QFR.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
DarkPch was one of the first people ive shown that to. He thinks its basic QFR.
It's different from basic QFR.

A friend of Kie just explained it to me yesterday. This is what's happening: on the gamecube controller, you set the C-stick to tilts. Then you quickly slide your finger from X, press down on the control stick, then diagonal down C-stick like in the following vine:

If you press diagonal down with your Cstick, you will not get a Fair, Dair or Bair, but a Nair. What Kie is doing in that vid, is canceling Nair before the hitbox comes out. This means that there will be no hitbox. What makes it different from a normal floathop is that this one is fastfalled and thus faster than a normal floathop. Alternatively, you can also do a floathop and fastfall, but since you have to press down on your control stick, it's harder to dash afterwards so you won't be to able to do it as fast as in these vids.

It's very hard or maybe even impossible to do it on a gamepad or pro controller since the C-stick is on a different place there.

Last edited:

Tundra

Smash Cadet
NNID
Joyleaf
3DS FC
4012-3240-3546
So... It was stated in the direct that they'll be releasing a balancing patch in order to create a more "enjoyable playing experience". Do any of you think this will affect Peach's moveset in any way?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think Peach will go untouched honestly. Her only problems were the float unstaleing (RIP). Maybe that weird glitch with the light turnips and her parasol might get fixed? I can't imagine she'll get buffed or nerfed in any significant way.

What will affect her more is that I do predict a Diddy nerf. Calming down her's (and everyone's) worst matchup is gonna be great for us, and the game as a whole. Looking forward to a more even game in less than two weeks!! Exciting.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I honestly hope the "balancing issues" don't end up to be random ass 1-frame modifications to random-ass moves.

Butt.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If she got her Brawl fair back I will cry

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't think they will touch her. Going from the last patch they are extremely conservative with changes. They only very slightly nerf the top tier, buff the bottom tier a bit and remove some bugs here and there but every character inbetween remains unchanged.

I hope they're not going to touch her. I firmly believe Peach is already high tier and with Diddy, Sheik and Sonic likely to get nerfed she becomes a contender for top. These are her only match-ups I would say are bad - and even these aren't that bad at all and are perfectly doable. Maybe Yoshi too, but meh, I'm getting used to him already.

Now let's only hope they're not going to overbuff an other character that will become top tier ._.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I think Peach will go untouched honestly. Her only problems were the float unstaleing (RIP). Maybe that weird glitch with the light turnips and her parasol might get fixed? I can't imagine she'll get buffed or nerfed in any significant way.

What will affect her more is that I do predict a Diddy nerf. Calming down her's (and everyoneeve

What will affect her more is that I do predict a Diddy nerf. Calming down her's (and everyone's) worst matchup is gonna be great for us, and the game as a whole. Looking forward to a more even game in less than two weeks!! Exciting.
I don't think they will touch her. Going from the last patch they are extremely conservative with changes. They only very slightly nerf the top tier, buff the bottom tier a bit and remove some bugs here and there but every character inbetween remains unchanged.

I hope they're not going to touch her. I firmly believe Peach is already high tier and with Diddy, Sheik and Sonic likely to get nerfed she becomes a contender for top. These are her only match-ups I would say are bad - and even these aren't that bad at all and are perfectly doable. Maybe Yoshi too, but meh, I'm getting used to him already.

Now let's only hope they're not going to overbuff an other character that will become top tier ._.
Like who?
How do you guys know a patch is going to happen and it involving buffing/nerfing a character?
Yea if anything, if they have to nerf peach slightly, well......I would imagine Fair being hurt most, or for some odd reason her turnips.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Like who?
How do you guys know a patch is going to happen and it involving buffing/nerfing a character?
Yea if anything, if they have to nerf peach slightly, well......I would imagine Fair being hurt most, or for some odd reason her turnips.
LOL havent you watch the direct.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I just don't think there's a strong established community here yet. Around the same time frame after Brawl's release, the boards pretty much had all of its prominent posters, and ongoing activity. With the old community I can only assume it isn't the same here because we're all 7 years older and busier with life now or have moved on to other characters. But that's just my opinion.

We aren't completely alone though, other mods have noted the same problem with their respective boards overall as well. They all be lowkey dead lol
I kind of feel old reading that as the other forum im on its the same exact thing.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Like who?

wait what if they actually read this thread...

Peach sucks. Bottom tier character. We need Melee Fthrow/Dsmash, lagless Fair and less lag on turnip pull. Also increase chance of pulling a Saturn or Stitch to 1/5 please. With this she MAY become mid tier.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace

wait what if they actually read this thread...

Peach sucks. Bottom tier character. We need Melee Fthrow/Dsmash, lagless Fair and less lag on turnip pull. Also increase chance of pulling a Saturn or Stitch to 1/5 please. With this she MAY become mid tier.
Ty I'm pretty slow......almost all the time.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd post my silhouettes in the social threads!

Top Bottom