• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Peach Social Thread: Royal Discussions

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Had difficulty remembering the order of F-Smashes. Until I realized that they all were based on the increase of range. So basically, if ya see the racket, golf club is gonna follow, and then the pan. Has helped me maximize using F-Smashes since!

Wonder if I could post a "tip" topic where I'd illustrate this to some inexperienced players.

Also I shall also send my lucky chants to Apex-players repping Peach out there.

Last edited:

Piano

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4940-5477-9207
I hope you guys did great at Apex. Couldn't see the stream as my internet was too slow today. I hope it fixes tomorrow. :(

tmdorsey

Smash Rookie
NNID
tdorsey76
It sucks playing Peach in a meta filled with high tier characters that have good aerial moves and kill moves.
I keep reading that this game is well balanced so I would think the goal is to get to point where your Peach is good enough to be competitive with these "high tier" characters.

I realize this is easier said than done though.

Last edited:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Well look at it like this, you have Fox, Sheik, Diddy Kong, Falcon, Yoshi, Rosalina, Zero Suit...

All these characters have GREAT aerial chase games which undermines one of, if not THE biggest weaknesses of Peach, her lack of being able to land safely. Being slow in the air is a huge problem for her and it's super frustrating.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Mix up you landing. Its possuvle to get down. Half of those characters you listed dont want to be above you especially rosalina.,

Piano

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4940-5477-9207
Is there any Peach player here that goes by the tag "Swag"? Lol I just love finding Peach dittos on for glory.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Wow sure is dead in here. *dusts thread*

redruM

Smash Rookie
I keep reading that this game is well balanced so I would think the goal is to get to point where your Peach is good enough to be competitive with these "high tier" characters.

I realize this is easier said than done though.
In my opinion Peach is top 10. She is currently 15th in the community tiers. I can hold my own against the H O O H A H B O Y S. Honestly I struggle more against Rosalina than Diddy.

It's easier said than done because she is hard to use. I'm coming off Zelda so I use the c stick lots, and really don't touch X and Y all that much. That's no bueno with Peach. You really gotta utilize the jump and A buttons instead of the joystick and c stick for jumping and attacking, and you have to do it all really fast. Can be hard when you're just starting out.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
In my opinion Peach is top 10. She is currently 15th in the community tiers. I can hold my own against the H O O H A H B O Y S. Honestly I struggle more against Rosalina than Diddy.

It's easier said than done because she is hard to use. I'm coming off Zelda so I use the c stick lots, and really don't touch X and Y all that much. That's no bueno with Peach. You really gotta utilize the jump and A buttons instead of the joystick and c stick for jumping and attacking, and you have to do it all really fast. Can be hard when you're just starting out.
I honestly think as time progresses she will be able to deal with Rosalina easier. Right now it feels annoying and weird. One thing I do love about that match up is if she doesn't pay attention to luma its a free side b.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
basically
for slower characters or bigger characters
you can be more aggressive

but for characters that are very fast
or have a lot of priority in their moves
you gotta hold back and turnip them

rosalina isn't too fast, but her dash has a great disjointed hitbox
and luma isn't hard getting away
but throwing turnips once rosa goes on the defensive is somewhat pointless
and because rosalina is a bit faster than us on the ground,
she's a bit harder all around to deal with

she's light and has a large hurtbox though
which makes the mu not too bad

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Turnips aren't so useless while she is being defensive. We can take that chance to force her to use gravitational pull and use our forward momentum to punish her.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
that being if she uses gravitational pull
shielding a turnip is just as viable
when rosa's on the defensive it's more worthwhile to just put on lots of pressure up-close
at least, there's no use going out of the way to nab a turnip to force something on a character like her

tmdorsey

Smash Rookie
NNID
tdorsey76

It's funny you said that about using the c-stick with Peach being a no go, because I've noticed recently I've had a hard time getting my smashes out since trying to use the c-stick as opposed to the left stick.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I've never actually explored through the Sm4sh Peach boards but like damn, she's soooo fun in this game, definitely my to go to character after my first two boys.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Regarding peach's current spot in the tier list, I don't think she's quite top 15, maybe somewhere in the low 20's.

Where she's at right now just isn't quite good enough to consider her a top 15, I'd say. But with all of her potential, I think she could become one of the best characters once the meta develops and more peach players put in lots of effort to bring her to her technical climax in smash 4.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Regarding peach's current spot in the tier list, I don't think she's quite top 15, maybe somewhere in the low 20's.

Where she's at right now just isn't quite good enough to consider her a top 15, I'd say. But with all of her potential, I think she could become one of the best characters once the meta develops and more peach players put in lots of effort to bring her to her technical climax in smash 4.
I don't know man, I've read stuff like this over a thousand times during the early/mid Brawl era, and she didn't really move anywhere. She was always a solid character in paper, but with some notable flaws.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
well this is a new game. So she maybe top 10 to top 15 material. I'm debating on subbing villager or shiek for some iffy match ups

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
I personally ignore a tier list.
I don't really think it's how well a character more over how well the player is. A good player can take on any matchup regardless of if it's in their favor or not.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
I personally ignore a tier list.
I don't really think it's how well a character more over how well the player is. A good player can take on any matchup regardless of if it's in their favor or not.
This is more true than it has ever been with a balanced game such as smash 4. While it may be a good player who makes the character, there are some matchups that are almost nearly unwinable, and this is why a tier list is created, as to gauge who has better/worse matchups with the rest of the cast in comparison with eachother.

MetaBhreat

Smash Cadet
Uh, hello Peach mains. I really like playing Peach, so much that I may try to co-main her, we'll see. Either way I just wanted to say hello as you will probably will be seeing me around your boards.

Also, I ****ing love turnips.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Peach is fantastic in this game(I think she is in top 20)
I wish her turnips haven't gotten even worse overall.......they are still good don't get me wrong, but considering how they kept nerfing it each game.
She has a few flaws, but they aren't as bad as most other characters.(I generally think she has trouble against characters who are very fast and great at applying pressure.)
I'm at school though, can't talk much
I love her in this game anyways, her ground game is not bad at all, it's so cool.
That Uair is soooooo much better, She has tools to seriously rack up damage and get in on opponents.

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Uh, hello Peach mains. I really like playing Peach, so much that I may try to co-main her, we'll see. Either way I just wanted to say hello as you will probably will be seeing me around your boards.

Also, I ****ing love turnips.
Welcome! We love turnips too.

Top Bottom