• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Peach Match-Up Thread : Cloud/bayo/Falcon/Yoshi/Ness/G&W

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thus far the matchup seems pretty evenish, and I agree. But the reason why I think Ness wins is because of the disparity in killing.

Peach is not bad at killing by any means, but the difference between her and Ness is quite large. Peach is significantly lighter than Ness. Landing uair on a floating peach is easy. The arc on uair will go around peach's dair, uair's hitbox is bigger than peach's nair, and it comes out faster than peach's fair. I'm not saying it's like a free aerial to land, but if Peach is in the air it's not hard to land uair at all. Peach is also not difficult to grab and bthrow unless she has a turnip in hand. So if ness is able to approach Peach without a turnip and she's at high percent, there's a good chance she'll die.

It's not as easy for Peach to Kill Ness. She can land a dash attack pretty reliably, but that doesn't kill until 140 or 150. Usmash kills and isn't that hard to land on Ness, but if she misses it she can get punished with a grab or uair and Peach is dead. Fair is obviously incredibly strong but that requires a hard read offstage. This is why I feel matchup is distinctly in Ness's favor. I just wanted to share my opinion. I've played against a couple of decent Peaches in my scene, and I'll ask them to post here.
If ness is off stage you are in trouble. I don't have to get a hard fair read to kill you. I can do stuff like this.

If I get you off stage, you are screwed. I can toss a turnip out there to force an air dodge. Putting you lower to the death zone and making it easier to counter you. I can also snip you, your jump or force you to use your jumping and being in a spot to punish your landing if you wanna air dodge or panic to an attack. Don't rely on grab punishes on a solid player. Hoping that they mess up is gonna be the death of you. So based on what you are saying her for the reason ness wins, I just negated it. off stage I can kill you at early % with counter.

I don't agree with ness having the advantage.

And since this place seems dead and none wanna vote, Im just gonna start picking characters weekly out my own will. We doing ZZS.

LastTheories

Smash Rookie
I'm not very experienced in this match up but I do have to say that Peach should always watch out whenever ZSS has you in an edge guard situation or when you're edge guarding ZSS since she has access to TWO spikes. Her down-b and her down air. I've been in many situations where I've had the lead, and the ZSS player resets the game by spike suiciding to one life each. So be careful when off stage in general and go for ledge immediately. The option I've had the most success with in edge guarding is often ledge trump bair. Also we should generally be wary of ZSS's b-reversed paralyzer since it can often trip up approaches and in some cases can lead to the end of a stock. (Via paralyzer into Up-B or paralyzer into Down-Smash into Up-B) It is worth knowing that we can nair or dair her paralyzer, but it's very high risk low reward since it has a bit of lag when we hit it and a lot of lag when we don't. ZSS can easily punish us with her speed and fair (if we used dair) so in my opinion it's often better to use that opportunity to approach rather than attacking the neutral-B. (Either by Short hopped airdodge into nair or just by floating over it) I think both characters combo each other hard, but as we all probably know from watching Nairo play we can die extremely early if combo'd correctly. Thus I think in this match up is to us a mix of grounded and float approaches to avoid being too predictable since a good ZSS player strives off of that. Also since ZSS often strives off of her grabs, it's fairly easy to bait it out either by using QFR or PP. Other than that, I honestly think of this MU similar to Shiek but I'm probably wrong in assuming that xD

Last edited:

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
Hmmmmm Mario

I don't think this match up is terrible, but it's not exactly great either.

We get out of Dthrow UTilt pretty quickly

Fireballs are almost no threat, i personally will nair bair or fair them if Mario approaches

Our Uair beats out pretty much everything he has when Mario is in the air

Tornado has extra hit boxes on land usually so timing against that is super important

Peach's biggest weakness in this match up is probably Mario's speed and his recovery which makes it hard for us to gimp him and also kill him. Cape on turnips can also be an issue. Cape on attacks aren't as much of a problem, sometimes cape will send you towards Mario when floating if you input backwards in time which can lead to an attack.

That dash attack he has works well if we're floating so a lot of this match up is mixing up movement, especially to avoid getting killed.

I think Peach does better on the ground versus floating a lot in this match up because Mario has quick aerials and this can cause it to be a spacing game, which (I think) Peach can out range most of of his moves.
What do you think the ratio is?

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I was wondering if I could ask on behalf of my brother who mains Peach.
When we do Pikachu vs. Peach, he tends to have a lot of trouble dealing with me, and I was wondering if maybe y'all had some tips on how to deal with him?

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Yo, fellow Peach main here. I want to put together a list of "bad" MU's Peach has so I can find I 2ndary that covers them. I mean, you can't solo main peach in this meta can you? Let me know who you think's a bad MU for Peach. Thanks.

DiNoahsaur

Smash Rookie
I see a lot of Peach mains using either Yoshi or Zelda as a Secondary. Something feels right about it, I mean Yoshi is such a top tier character, and Zelda basically works as a counter many of peach's "bad" match-ups

Last edited:

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
Yo, fellow Peach main here. I want to put together a list of "bad" MU's Peach has so I can find I 2ndary that covers them. I mean, you can't solo main peach in this meta can you? Let me know who you think's a bad MU for Peach. Thanks.
Most Peaches I know second ZSS. Big Booty Blondes ftw!

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
I'll make a list tomorrow on who's a bad MU imo. You guys can tell me if I agree with mit or not.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
May I ask if anyone has any helpful hints on facing Shulk?

It's bad enough that he has such massive disjoints... but the Monado arts just take everything to another level. Speed and Jump let him run circles around Peach, and Smash can make KOing her a joke... like, eating a counter off of even a jab or other weak hit can wreck you. Is there anything Peach can do in particular to give herself a better chance?

For me personally, my annoyance against Shulk is amplified by the fact that I don't really like ANY of my subs against him either. I sub

:4greninja: :4megaman: :4lemmy: :4mewtwo:

and don't feel particularly good against Shulk with any of them. So I'd also appreciate if anyone happened to know something specific about these characters vs Shulk that'd be helpful as well (I realize this forum is for Peach... but I'd be grateful if someone could even just point me in a good direction here).

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
ZSS: how do we SDI out of her up+b?
This is something I would like to know as well.

Looking for help against Pit and captain falcon
So I am used to Japanese Pits, and Japanese Pits have a history of having a radically different playstyle compared to Western Pits Japanese Pits are usually stronger. Anyway, since they're still the same character I'll give you my advice and hope it can help you.

Pit requires loads of patience. His bait and punish game is amazing. His dash attack is fast and has great range, both horizontally and vertically, his dash grab is good and his throw game is very strong. His aerials are all very good anti-aerials, Nair and its duration in particular are dangerous. Similar to Sonic, you don't want to throw out a lot of (unsafe) moves. Peach outspaces him usually, you want to abuse this strength and stay as safe as possible vs him. It doesn't mean you have to passive or defensive, you can be quite agressive in this match-up (Pits also really don't seem to like that pressure). Just don't give him an opening to punish you, and stay PATIENT and safe. Turnips are pretty good in this match-up btw.

Up close we usually hit harder than he does (Nair/Bair/Dair) but his jab is really good.

His ledge pressure is amazing. His tilts are fast and ranged (somewhat laggy though), so they're great for punishing normal get-ups, his aerials and Usmash are strong vs jumps, and double jump-ins don't work well if he stands at a range where your aerials don't reach him. Still jumps and double jumps are probably your safest options, if you mix them up you can make it back to the stage somehow. If you're on the ledge, focus on getting back while getting as least damage as possible, more so than you do vs other characters. Really, I get most of my damage vs Pit when I'm on the ledge.'

His Usmash is strong and very good for punishing your landings if you don't go to the ledge. Pits killing options consist mostly of Fthrow, Fsmash, Usmash, SideB, Ftilt, Bair, edgeguarding Fair, but Fthrow and the latter three are actually not even that strong. Fsmash is ranged but unsafe (it's comparable to our own Fsmash). SideB can be punished with a sweetspot Usmash. His Usmash is really good to chase landings with, especially vs. Peach since she's floaty and goes through platforms. The vertical range on this is ridiculous. Watch out for it, if you manage to avoid his strong moves and his Fthrow close to the ledge you can live pretty long vs him.

Overall, Pit can be pretty tricky but if you watch how and what he has been punishing and adapt to that, things will start turning in your favor.

Falcon has been discussed a while back, but he's a also pretty bait and punish heavy (it seems you dislike bait and punish characters, particular those with fast dash grabs and dash attacks). You want to abuse your range in this match-up. Look at when he coming at you and time an aerial. Especially Bair does very well at keeping him it out. He gets combod easily, Dair combos hit him hard and his landings can be pretty unsafe, extending your juggles. He can also juggle you pretty well with his Uair though, focus on getting back safely and don't challenge him too much. Watch out for his Fsmash, you shouldn't get hit by this unless you're being reckless. SideB is strong, especially with rage, but on shield you can punish it with a sweetspot Usmash or Fsmash. Edgeguarding him is a MUST, use turnips and Dair vs his UpB, and if you find an opening look for stronger aerials such Nair/Fair. His recovery has a lot of start-up and it lacks range above him, abuse it. Most important of all, don't get impatient. It's easy to get impatient vs fast characters like him and think "JUST GET HIT ALREADY" and do random Dash Attacks or something, but in the end the one getting hit will be you. Patience is so important with Peach...

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
ZSS: how do we SDI out of her up+b?
Pretty sure you SDI up and away to get out of her Up B. But more often then not if you're facing a skilled ZSS (Nairo for example). He'll usually go for the true combo setup where DI'ing it won't really matter. If he's using it as a punish though or anyone for that matter, then SDI up and away works.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
So I am used to Japanese Pits, and Japanese Pits have a history of having a radically different playstyle compared to Western Pits Japanese Pits are usually stronger. Anyway, since they're still the same character I'll give you my advice and hope it can help you.

Pit requires loads of patience. His bait and punish game is amazing. His dash attack is fast and has great range, both horizontally and vertically, his dash grab is good and his throw game is very strong. His aerials are all very good anti-aerials, Nair and its duration in particular are dangerous. Similar to Sonic, you don't want to throw out a lot of (unsafe) moves. Peach outspaces him usually, you want to abuse this strength and stay as safe as possible vs him. It doesn't mean you have to passive or defensive, you can be quite agressive in this match-up (Pits also really don't seem to like that pressure). Just don't give him an opening to punish you, and stay PATIENT and safe. Turnips are pretty good in this match-up btw.

Up close we usually hit harder than he does (Nair/Bair/Dair) but his jab is really good.

His ledge pressure is amazing. His tilts are fast and ranged (somewhat laggy though), so they're great for punishing normal get-ups, his aerials and Usmash are strong vs jumps, and double jump-ins don't work well if he stands at a range where your aerials don't reach him. Still jumps and double jumps are probably your safest options, if you mix them up you can make it back to the stage somehow. If you're on the ledge, focus on getting back while getting as least damage as possible, more so than you do vs other characters. Really, I get most of my damage vs Pit when I'm on the ledge.'

His Usmash is strong and very good for punishing your landings if you don't go to the ledge. Pits killing options consist mostly of Fthrow, Fsmash, Usmash, SideB, Ftilt, Bair, edgeguarding Fair, but Fthrow and the latter three are actually not even that strong. Fsmash is ranged but unsafe (it's comparable to our own Fsmash). SideB can be punished with a sweetspot Usmash. His Usmash is really good to chase landings with, especially vs. Peach since she's floaty and goes through platforms. The vertical range on this is ridiculous. Watch out for it, if you manage to avoid his strong moves and his Fthrow close to the ledge you can live pretty long vs him.

Overall, Pit can be pretty tricky but if you watch how and what he has been punishing and adapt to that, things will start turning in your favor.

Falcon has been discussed a while back, but he's a also pretty bait and punish heavy (it seems you dislike bait and punish characters, particular those with fast dash grabs and dash attacks). You want to abuse your range in this match-up. Look at when he coming at you and time an aerial. Especially Bair does very well at keeping him it out. He gets combod easily, Dair combos hit him hard and his landings can be pretty unsafe, extending your juggles. He can also juggle you pretty well with his Uair though, focus on getting back safely and don't challenge him too much. Watch out for his Fsmash, you shouldn't get hit by this unless you're being reckless. SideB is strong, especially with rage, but on shield you can punish it with a sweetspot Usmash or Fsmash. Edgeguarding him is a MUST, use turnips and Dair vs his UpB, and if you find an opening look for stronger aerials such Nair/Fair. His recovery has a lot of start-up and it lacks range above him, abuse it. Most important of all, don't get impatient. It's easy to get impatient vs fast characters like him and think "JUST GET HIT ALREADY" and do random Dash Attacks or something, but in the end the one getting hit will be you. Patience is so important with Peach...
Nice write-ups! I sometimes struggle against good Pits too... those disjoints are SO annoying as Peach, I'm finding. Really good Falcons I seem to go more 50/50 with (but I usually wreck slightly less skilled Falcons). I need to get the habit of edgeguarding Falcon... I just start having nightmares of being stagespiked by his ^B every time I consider it lol. I don't know how reliable this really is, but I've gotten a number of KOs on Falcon by standing at the ledge and going for dsmash as he's ^B'ing to the ledge, ending with Falcon taking one weak hit and falling back down. Of course he could ^B again, but I've caught a number of people by surprise like this, and since Falcon falls very quickly, hesitating for a moment there means the stock.

Speaking of disjoints as with Pit...

It's bad enough that he has such massive disjoints... but the Monado arts just take everything to another level. Speed and Jump let him run circles around Peach, and Smash can make KOing her a joke... like, eating a counter off of even a jab or other weak hit can wreck you. Is there anything Peach can do in particular to give herself a better chance?

For me personally, my annoyance against Shulk is amplified by the fact that I don't really like ANY of my subs against him either. I sub

and don't feel particularly good against Shulk with any of them. So I'd also appreciate if anyone happened to know something specific about these characters vs Shulk that'd be helpful as well (I realize this forum is for Peach... but I'd be grateful if someone could even just point me in a good direction here).
Shameless self-plug of my earlier post lol... but I really would appreciate any ideas on the Shulk matchup.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I tried practicing VS Shulk and when he's on smash mode (idk what that mode is called exactly, but its a red character) he can kill you with a throw as early as 70%
I cry everytime ;___;

Last edited:

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
Peach has an easy time getting out of ZSS's up-b. If ZSS misses an up-b, or you DI out, you can kill her at 0% off the top of the stage with an umbrella (stage doesn't matter). It makes the matchup much more relaxing knowing that you won't die from the up-b, unless only the last hit hits you. All you have to do it keep a cool head and don't airdodge. Jump out of everything. This worked out for me last tournament and I 2-0ed our local ZSS main. Punish missed grabs with grabs of your own, or downsmashes to rack up damage. If they are at high percent just f-smash. If ZSS tries to down-b to get up from ledge, you can stand at ledge and either up-smash (for the tipper), or just f-smash. Also Peach had an easy time avoiding paralyzer shots (you can just float over them). Overall I think this is an easy MU, thoughts?

Shadeprince

Banned via Warnings
NNID
djsh1-3
3DS FC
3136-6589-7921
I see lots of request for pikachu match up, so I'm gonna make one.

Pikachu (annoying ass rat)

Approaching/Punishing
You will need a turnip to get in. With a turnup, You will need to dance around while you have the turnip in your hand to watch what hes does. If he's a patient pikachu he gonna do a lot of empty hops and you need to bait attacks from them. you could, qfr, short hop air dodge into a nair or dair depending on the situation. He's gonna approach with 2 things jump-neutral b or quick attack. You can counter his neutral b with a Nair or a fair depending on spacing or if you're not comfortable with this you can jump over them and fast fall to the ground. Be sure to stay mid to close range within him cause his neutral be is nonpunishable from long range. His up b is much harder to stop. It's very fast but depending on the angle he is coming from, lets you know what move to stop it with. If the angle is above your head use, Upsmash(time it perfect). from your torso to your leg Nair is the easiest, but forward air works too.

Edgeguarding
Like I stated before pikachu's up is easy to stop with good reaction time. Always keep your second jump when fighting him of stage just to be safe. you can z drop a turnip to hit him out of his up b or throw it where you think the up travel will go and it will stop him. Also you could just dair the ledge.
RecoveringIt needs to be low unless hes trying to thunder spike you. Your up in its self is very hard to punish and will beat him out most of the time. If he trying to use his neutral b at you off stage, up b through it. If he tries to bair you to spike you of stage up be through that also. If this fails, it gonna knock you into the stage so just tech it and you should be ok. Key thing in recovering is make sure to keep your float you may need it because he might try to reverse down b and your up be wont go through that.

SummaryKeep turnips, mix your movement and aerial movement. you can pressure his shield just be very careful cause his up smash and out of shield nair and up tilt are fast. If hes juggling you DONT FIGHT BACK just safley land.

Extra Notes:Dealing with troublesome moves in his moves set

Nair is laggy unless he does it as soon as he jumps= Shield grab.
Forward air you can sheild grab ONLY before he hits the ground.

his smash are very safe except down smash, block this move completely and you can punish with anything.

I'm pretty sure I left somethings out just comment on it and i can give answers.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

This may be late but I didn't see any responses about Shulk so I just wanted to give a little advice to help you out if you still needed it.

First you need to know what each Monado art does if you don't know already because when the Arts come on you have to be ready to change tactics a bit depending on percent.

Speed mode Shulk will probably do more shNair spacing and go for grabs. If his spacing is off you can grab Nair. Just don't be afraid cause he's running around at Sonic speed.
Jump is mosly for recovery so you probably wont see it much other than to recover but if he is using it offensively bad spaced attacks can be blocked and try to get under him if he goes up for Uair shenanigans since Shulks Dair is meh.
Buster is a little frightening because like 3 hits can become 50% on you but the same works against Shulk so if your not afraid to risk it look for combo opportunities when Buster comes out because even short combos are doubly rewarded. If not confident about it opt to run and chuck turnips if you can get them till he turns the move off.
Smash can get Peach killed really early but the sane goes for Shulk. His attacks are also slightly more unsafe on shield because of lowered damage. Like buster you can opt to run until time is up or try and score an early gimp if Shulk has at least 50% or near the ledge enough that one good hit can set up an edgeguard.

In general though how you want to play Shulk is you either want to mix up hitting him first and just messing with his spacing. Trying to focus too much on one or the other Shulk might wise up to it and you want to remain unpredictable. Shulk has reach but alot of his attacks come out slow so with good reading you can do things like jumping and Nair/Dair where he would go to try and Fair/Nair your shield to hit him first. If you have a turnip in hand you can also bait a jump in attack by floating back if he rises to meet you in the air and chuck a turnip at him. If your not comfortable playing air games with Shulks reach you can focus on just trying to stay grounded and shield his attacks close enough to shield grab or turnip chuck when he touches your shield. If he's not good with his spacing you can land most of your damage this way. Sometimes you can Ftilt things like his Nair first but that's a bit risky. Generally you want to focus on damage and get combos when you can cause Shulk is combo food he just has all that reach to swat you out so you have to be better at spacing than him. Try to keep tennis racket at the ready because ots the best at setting up a gimp situation even if he has jump available.

If Shulks doing more hit and Run I find I can use turnips more but if he's staying in your face more I feel you should focus less on using turnips for combat and save turnip abuse for gimp situations.

I hope any of this helps .

wilbo

Smash Rookie
Anyone else having trouble with Little Mac since that last patch? I used to have no problem's against LM but lately i'm just getting picked apart.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
What's your problem?

I think Little Macs are just getting better tbh

wilbo

Smash Rookie
I think you're right. A lot of LM players i run across now are really good at staying in my dead zone and rushing me down when i try to bait. I guess i need some good tips on safely baiting LM into giving me an opening.

Perhaps if someone could give me a rundown of their approach to a good LM player I can start to disect what I'm doing wrong. At the moment I just feel frustrated and as such, it's difficult for me to pin down what aspects of the matchup are giving me trouble.

j.method()

Smash Rookie
NNID
HannahFaces

Spacing and shield help a lot against shulk, also, if you shield his smash attacks, you can run in and punish.
I feel like playing defensively makes shulk a lot easier. And don't try to hard to kill him in Shield form, its not worth it.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Dark.Pch Dark.Pch This thread is too dead. If you want to continue running the match-up discussion, I'd like to ask you to move on to the next character faster, preferably after 4 days or so. Usually everything has been said after a few days.

I would like to ask the other players to contribute more too. I myself am also guilty of not posting a lot because my life has been very busy (and my laptop broke, Im gyping everything from a smartphone). Especially the input of strong players with a lot of experience is appreciated!

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
Dark.Pch Dark.Pch This thread is too dead. If you want to continue running the match-up discussion, I'd like to ask you to move on to the next character faster, preferably after 4 days or so. Usually everything has been said after a few days.

I would like to ask the other players to contribute more too. I myself am also guilty of not posting a lot because my life has been very busy (and my laptop broke, Im gyping everything from a smartphone). Especially the input of strong players with a lot of experience is appreciated!
I don't have much MU experience with some characters, but I'm willing to contribute about my observations and some experience at tournaments.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

The thing is people here don't say much. So I let it go a lil longer. Or talk about something else while. I been more focused on my streams and other things with it that I tend to forget about this. But when I come back and look, nothing has really happen.

So what I am gonna start doing is taking your 4 day Idea. If not much has happen, im moving on and Im doing the write up myself from my own research and notes.

As of now, im switching this to shulk. Since I am breaking this match up on my stream tonight. So If this thread does not get much on shulk, i'll have a ton of info to dump already.

Last edited:

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
I don't fight Shulk often. but I'd say its 60/40 in Peach's favor.

Peach's advantages:
-She can punish a lot of his moves with decent ease
-She can force Shulk to approach with turnips
-More deadly in the air and off-stage.
-Deadly at very close range
-Moves are laggy, but much safer than Shulk's
-Can wreck Shulk if she puts him way off stage horizontally
-Much better and safer air mobility
-Counter is practical off stage

Shulk's advantages:
-Can change properties, making it hard for Peach to adapt to using different combos, setups, and approaches.
-With Jump monando, his vertical recovery is much better
-His vertical recovery in general is hard for Peach to wreck, because toad isn't very effective against his up-B (gotta test this more) nor can Peach challenge him if Shulk incorrectly spaced his upB to go above the ledge.
-Can kill Peach much easier and earlier than vice versa
-Overall, his moves have more range
-Counter on stage or against a F-air can be fatal.

Basically, I think Peach should stay on defense at a distance and wait for Shulk to make a mistake from approaching incorrectly or missing her. Punishing is Peach's main way at beating him, but she must be close enough for her moves to connect and not far enough where Shulk can outspace her. Reading how the Shulk prefers to recover on stage is vital since his counter won't be of use if he's try to get to the ledge. Force him to recover under the stage: chase and punish his landing if he jumps and attacks because his aerials are unsafe, or go for a grab and put him back off-stage if he decides to get up or roll on stage.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Shulk does not kill any earlier than her at all. He doesn't have very good reward on hit nor does he have a setup. Literally the best he can hope for is Smash Grab>Dthrow at the edge around 130%. He's going for reads. He can't really kill with raw moves, they're way too laggy.

You can sort of say he can edgeuard but let's be honest; how the hell is he going to carry her offstage?

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
Shulk does not kill any earlier than her at all. He doesn't have very good reward on hit nor does he have a setup. Literally the best he can hope for is Smash Grab>Dthrow at the edge around 130%. He's going for reads. He can't really kill with raw moves, they're way too laggy.

You can sort of say he can edgeuard but let's be honest; how the hell is he going to carry her offstage?
Good point. I think in general his moves have more raw power than Peach, but they are slower, so he does indeed need to have good reads.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
If we stay at a distance that allows him to space us out. i think we are supposed to go in.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Shulk seems to be heavily dependent op spacing. You want to stay either in your own Fair Bair Nair range or far from him where you can pluck and throw a turnip. Neutral comes down to who walls the other one best. When he has speed, beware of his grabs and pivot tricks. When he has smash, pretty muxh everything kills, but especially his tilts and Dthrows are moves you want to look out for. Staying grounded usually works much better than going in the air, his disjoints will usually just outspace you in the air.

I haven't tried edgeguarding him much, does anyone have any ideas? Toad seems like it could work since he throws out a long lasting hitbox and his recovery is predictable as it goes upwards in a straight line, but I havent tried it.

Oh and watch out for his UpB out of shield. Its pretty fast.

I dont have much experience in this match-up to be honest. I have only played one good Shulk ever, all others just kinda sucked. Shulk can definitely be a real pain, but it seems to go both ways.

Also next match up please!

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Well Kirby at least isn't the easiest to combo, and his short size helps somewhat.
Peach doesn't seem to be so great at forcing the approach so if Kirby has to get in, it won't be too hard.
Now for CQC I think Kirby does win, and his attacks in general have little lag so punishing won't be easy.
Keep in mind both Kirby's Utilt and Usmash have intangibility through them, so be careful on how you space especially for how powerful that Usmash is.
If Peach can space right, she will win in midrange always, so Kirby won't get many opportunities to get in and punish.
Plus Kirby's little range and airspeed makes it hard to catch her in the air, but he is faster on the ground.
Kirby's final cutter may be an often used move, I mean it can't be beaten by other attacks, has the best range of all his moves and is a discount, soo its good for getting Peach out of float, sometimes?
Edge guarding.......I have no idea, if Kirby has to use FC below the ledge, Peach has tools to hit him out of it.
Kirby has nothing but Stone to beat Peach's unbelievably high priority UpB.
Peach for sure at least wants to be above Kirby if she tries to edge guard.

I can see both characters being in rage alot because it feels like getting the kills will have to mostly be on punishing your opponent hard.

Sorry if this ain't that great, but these are some general things
Peach I'm sure overall has the advantage and many things Kirby needs to respect, so Kirby has to play smart because Peach is alllll about Mix-ups.
It's totally doable for Kirby though, I mean he isn't a free win for Peach by any means though.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Peach just destroys all of Kirby's options. I say its bad for Kirby. Not unwinnable, but definitely bad.

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
I think the biggest advantage Kirby has is his neutral-B can negate turnips and recover percentages. His up-B is kinda hard to punish but it is predictable.

Peach may have a hard time doing consistent combos or getting back on stage if Kirby plays aggressive offstage, but this isn't a major disadvantage.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I feel like our bair beats out his entire aerial moveset. I would watch out for his bair from time to time. He also can't do much out of sheild to us unless we start doing silly things to kirby.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
lol wtf you guys almost have no idea what in the world you are talking about. neutral b his biggest advantage? lmfao please you can easily punish the cooldown on his neutral b and completely destroy him with a fair or upsmash. his up b is super punishable by floating offstage and dairing into whatever. don't be dumb with edge guarding kirby because of his floatiness. kirby-peach is 50-50 or 55-45 in kirby's favor. this matchup is basically melee peach vs jiggs without a rest, annoying spacing, which makes the match longer and more boring sometimes zzz. kirby can completely body peach with one move, bair. you may say "you can trade with upsmash!!!!!" "you can fsmash it!!!!!!" if your opponent has a brain they wont just be bairing, and if used correctly bair is a complete ***** to deal with. although those factors make the matchup hard, it's still slightly good because what can he do once he's in the air lol? nothing, no fast moves. get him in the air with a dash attack or literally whatever and start your patience game. turnips are best thrown UP if the kirby keeps full jumping since the turnip will cover most of the options he has once he commits to a full jump. recovering is pretty annoying becuz of bair, but you can airdodge it with right timing lolol. dair is a ***** also. it doesnt combo into fsmash or dsmash at higher percents, but at lower you eat 2x utilt and bair, about 30%, super annoying. and you also get in the air pretty easily if the kirby is good. idk what you guys even talk about sometimes jesus christ lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom