• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach mainers secondary and why?

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I figured I would start a thread discussing who Peach mainers resort to using when they come to face an annoying matchup, like the marth who wont stop grabbing you, or the fox who is waveshine happy. And why this is our secondary to cover the best options.

Personally I hate facing marth/fox as peach as i feel all other matches are at least managable for me, so for me I resort to using fox against fox, and sheik against marth. I feel this covers my options best and will make it more fair for me, when peach just isnt cutting it.

How bout you guys? Who do you think would be Peach's best second in command?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well...I believe this thread was done already. However...it's so friggin' old. (Last time it was done, I think Dark.Pch hadn't even made the switch to Brawl yet.) I'm no Mod, though. xD.

I'll put it this way. I CAN fight Marth with Peach...but I'm sick of making toss-ups. So I just go Sheik nowadays. I have no choice but to learn the Fox Matchup. I've been facing nothing BUT Fox....so yeah...it's Peach vs. Fox. I don't really use anyone else in Tournament. (Unless I'm taking a shot in the dark.) I do, however plan on picking up Zelda for a specific reason. I also secondary Roy...but he's been slipping. (My Roy vs. Marth matchup ain't bad ironically, xD.)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, my Sheik is nowhere near the level of my Peach. However, since I have a friend I've been training, I think my Sheik is just a bit more used to the Marth matchup. That, and when I practice combos/tech skill with my Sheik, it's usually on Marth, xD.

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
rain funny you say that im in the same exact situation.

luckily i play with a lot of characters so even tho i feel my peach is best im almost at the same level with fox/falco/sheik but ive been training with sheik lately on some marths and im liking my results.

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
Oh im well aware, and dont worry i have a fantastic fox/marth player and i practice peach matchup like 12 hours a week with him, i just started this bcuz hey more options.....why not but thx for the input guys

Nando

Smash Rookie
I really fight against everything with peach, sometimes it's hard but i feel good playing with my char and don't needing to counter everything to win :p

Samochan

Smash Master
If I were you...I'd learn an awkward secondary. 'cuz if you're really good with one of those....you'll throw people for a loop. Break the cycle of the norm.
Awkward secondary... like kirby? :p

Oh wait, kirby sucks so much he's not awkward to play against, but awkward to play AS. >_>

Shame. Kirby is fun and especially fun to rshdl with.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well yeah...unless you know...you just happen to be so awesome that you make kirby work for you. I saw a certain smasher I know do that, and it was funny. KDJ went Pichu. Taj went M2. Anyway...it CAN work.

Awkward as in yes...a character most people aren't used to playing. (Kirby could work if you're beast enough)

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I like a challenge, so my secondary character is fox. So completely different from peach in every way, lol. Still, it couldn't hurt to get better with him.

JFox

Smash Hero
best secondary for peach is probably sheik. Take a look at the bad matchups for peach- Fox, Marth, Sheik.

Lets say sheik loses 4/6 with fox, which is better than peach can do. Sheik goes 5/5 with sheik, which is better than peach can do. And sheik beats marth either 7/3 or 6/4, which is a hell of a lot better than what peach can do.

Other matchups that peach arguably doesn't do so great in- Falcon, Link, Y.Link, Ganon, Pikachu...ALL of these get ***** by sheik lol.

Everyone should have a sheik, she's too good a compliment to peach.

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
soooo glad you sai dthat jfox as ive been practicing sheik as my secondary and shes working wonders, my partner plays as falcon/fox/marth and though i can handle his falcon when hes fox and marth it becomes over whelming but sheik has been keeping my up to par.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
best secondary for peach is probably sheik. Take a look at the bad matchups for peach- Fox, Marth, Sheik.

Lets say sheik goes 6/4 with fox, which is better than peach can do. Sheik goes 5/5 with sheik, which is better than peach can do. And sheik beats marth either 7/3 or 6/4, which is a hell of a lot better than what peach can do.

Other matchups that peach arguably doesn't do so great in- Falcon, Link, Y.Link, Ganon, Pikachu...ALL of these get ***** by sheik lol.

I agree here. Sheik is my secondary for this same reason. There was a time I stopped playing peach, and I was using only sheik mainly to get some tourney experience with her and she is really easy to use (compared to peach that I have to get things out of my *** to stand a chance against the tops). I also use marth sometimes in friendlies cause I always wanted to learn to play with him but I suck with marth....

Sheik is probably the best secondary for a peach main.

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
yeah im in pretty bad shape when it comes to my secondaries; they all suck. for serious matchups i have no choice but peach. i wanted to go with fox, but my tech skill with him is so inconsistent, and if i make one mistake i get comboed all over the place. i often get screwed over by marths at tournaments.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
My Sheik has seen improvement lately because I've actually been practicing with her more, xD.

Anyway:
Sheik is definitely one of the most viable choices for a Peach player. Sometimes, too...if you happen to have people you play....pick up their mains a secondaries. They can teach you and give you good practice with the character. (If they happen to have some decent skill level to them. Or just a good teacher.)

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Sheik is mine. She deals with some character probs I have "Puff and Marth being the biggest".

JFox

Smash Hero
puff is really good vs sheik at high level, imo. I'd much rather use peach for that match, even if it is incredibly boring.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Lol JFox thats my exact prob..... I play a REALLY good puff player and hes so annoying to fight with Peach...

Yeah I know puff is pretty good against sheik. I get rest combo'd sometimes but I've gotten pretty good at avoiding it. I feel that when I don't get rested, I can beat him, + I love the fact I can somewhat combo that lil flying turd.

Pritch

Smash Lord

Lets say sheik loses 4/6 with fox, which is better than peach can do. Sheik goes 5/5 with sheik, which is better than peach can do. And sheik beats marth either 7/3 or 6/4, which is a hell of a lot better than what peach can do.

Quoted for truth.

Top Bottom