• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Brawl Move Confirmation

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hi there, fellow Peach players! I posted this in the Brawl Peach thread, but I decided that this would be the area to get a fast and probable answer.

Is the move featured in the following screenshot a BAir or SideB?

Also, Mario's SM update affirms that Special Moves can, in fact, change fairly drastically for veterans. If the move is Peach's BAir, we might infer that her BAir has been replaced with the Peach Bomber and Peachy gets a new Side Special. I would HATE to lose the BAir, but a new Side Special is oh-so tempting. :grin:

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Why would they replace her side be with peach bomber, wouldnt that be a weird move to have on the A button.... and there's no telling the difference between them, you might see the difference between the melee ones, but they might've changed the looks now.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Why would they replace her side be with peach bomber, wouldnt that be a weird move to have on the A button.... and there's no telling the difference between them, you might see the difference between the melee ones, but they might've changed the looks now.
:urg:

There is a huge difference between the two: one is highly useful and the other isn't. The motions are different, as well. With the advent of Mario's F.L.U.D.D. replacing his Mario Tornado as his Down Special, all veteran characters have the potential for a change or two in their respective movesets.

Anyone with actual Peach experience want to help out?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
judging by how far off the ground she is, id say that would be a floating bair. The Melee version of the peach bomber she barely goes of the ground.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'd concur that it's in fact a floating bair, rather than a Peach bomber. She has her hands out to show she's floating, and it doesn't seem that's exerting a lot of momentum that Peach bomber requires.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
All Peach needs is a nerf'd dsmash and better run or float speed. The other option is to have good tilt attacks or a better usmash.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
The purpose of A attacks is for normal melee attacks, B attacks are called "special" in that they aren't normal attacks, they're weird, off-the-wall attacks, and thus I seriously doubt they'd replace her aerial side A with Peach Bomber.

EDIT: Looks like her back-throw will be the same, too, judging by the original picture with Mario when she was announced.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'd concur that it's in fact a floating bair, rather than a Peach bomber. She has her hands out to show she's floating, and it doesn't seem that's exerting a lot of momentum that Peach bomber requires.
Thanks! I didn't have either animation readily available so as to compare the two. Good call on the hands matching her float animation. :grin: At least we know that her BAir and FAir are safe from any crazy changes that Sakurai might make! Combine that with the knowledge of floating and turnips returning--and possibly a giant turnip!--we just need reconfirmation of the DSmash and we're set. ;)

BossNasty73

Smash Cadet
Thats her back air. Her body stretches more when she does a Peach Bomber to show the momentum. And her hand positions do show she's floating...so uh...basically everthing DoH said. Lol

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this is pretty old but i just noticed in one of those screenshots it lookes like she took of her crown and hit wario with it hahaaha

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm glad they put facial expressions back in it, that was the most entertaining part of 64.

They can nerf the Dsmash as long as they keep the dash attack.
Yeah, she seemed kinda souless in Melee lol

Edit: And yes, if the Dsmash is gonna be nerfed, at least let the Dash attack be exactly the same. ^^

PeachBomber

Smash Rookie
i think the designers of Melee were trying to make peach less powerful than the other characters, however gave her brilliant aerials a great down smash so she ended up being great with some practice =D my hope is that they won't take from her in SSBB; instead i hope they make her a little quicker on the ground and in flight and also tweak the toad shield so that it's not a complete waste

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm glad they put facial expressions back in it, that was the most entertaining part of 64.

They can nerf the Dsmash as long as they keep the dash attack.
Don't get me wrong: I love the Dash. But it's a bit laggy, and I would hate to have to sacrifice some part of the DSmash (a move useful in all situations and with no repercussions) just to keep her Dash Attack (a useful move that leaves Peach open to punishment if she misses).

I'm so happy they kept the Turnips. Did they keep her air-float?
Yep. DoH confirmed that her hand positioning meant that she was floating.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Peach bomber, neutral air, and ftilt are all returning as per today's update.

did it seem like there was an ice effect after the peach bomber or was that something to do with pit?

Samochan

Smash Master
Upsmash confirmed
Fair seemed to be a little bit quicker and maybe a bit less range, wasn't too clear
Fthrow and Dthrow confirmed
Up B confirmed, seemed to be the same or with a bit more range
Peach has a new dair now, stolen from Zelda
Ftilt now seems to have more range

No sign of dash attack, fsmash or dsmash yet. >_>

Samochan

Smash Master
Actually she has her dsmash back
Yes, just noticed. ^_^

http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/previews/139928.shtml

The part where Sonic falls beside her, from 17% to 43% in 4 hits I think ( can't be sure, it's too unclear, might be 5). Also doubleslap confirmed. Peach runs a lot faster now. O_o Meh I still can't get a clear shot at her dash attack....

Edit: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116404.html

New dair at 0:15, Fair at 0:27. Throws, Dsmash, Up B and Upsmash at previous vid on various parts.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It seems like her down tilt is now like Zelda's down smash in Melee? That's what it seems like from the vid with her final smash.

Samochan

Smash Master
It seems like her down tilt is now like Zelda's down smash in Melee? That's what it seems like from the vid with her final smash.
I haven't seen her dtilt. o.o What part she does that?

On the other hand, I think I saw dash attack. It seems quite the same, might be shorter and less ending lag and with peach's runnig speed being a bit faster, it's also a faster dash. It's done on her fs video after she upsmashes sonic and then goes after Meta.

Moves yet to be confirmed: Fsmash, uptilt, uthrow, uair, (dtilt?)
Techs yet to be confirmed: Float cancel, DJC.

Edit2: There is something funky on the peach fs vid when the timer goes from 40 to 38 seconds left, when the stage shifts. That might be a djc into a float, but it also might be just jump into a floathing bair, and the bair is a lot shorter in duration btw. Also she doesn't seem to lag almost at all, possibly just landing lag but it could've been just that her bair ended before she touched ground.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The move she uses to hit sonic after she puts him to sleep? Unless she was crouching into a forward tilt?

The people who playtest this **** suck

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Backthrow is already confirmed. It was one of the first pictures when she was announced, she's hitting Mario with her *** whilst on the ground.

And yes, that was her downsmash. It still kicks ***. It hit that other character with all hitboxes. Hopefully he was crouch canceling, otherwise Peach will be even more broken.

Samochan

Smash Master
The move she uses to hit sonic after she puts him to sleep? Unless she was crouching into a forward tilt?

The people who playtest this **** suck
The only move she hits sonic with is upsmash. I didn't see any dtilt, at least it didn't hit sonic. All I saw was a toad, some random cc'ing and slaps, then a weak upsmash against sonic.

And I can agree with that last statement. :p

Samochan

Smash Master
I saw an up air in the video.
Omg link and time pls. :333

Edit: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116404.html

Exacly at 0:29:35 she does a dair and 0:21:75 par she does a dair and lands, which might look like an uair. Her dair looks like zelda's, expect she whirls around while doing so and it's quicker than zelda's. And after watching the part just before peach grabs the hammer, she seemingly fairs the ground and stands after that with no amount of lag. <_> Move might've ended since there were no puffs... but still >_> Peach at least seemingly has minimal lag from her aerials, might've been L-cancelled or not (I hope not L-cancelled) as seen when she does her second dair.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Silly me for thinking it would be illogical to use an upsmash against someone ON THE ****ING GROUND

Top Bottom