• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Blossom Final Smash

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Figured this deserved it's own topic. Personally I love it, very original and artistic. Plus it keeps away from the whole onslaught theme that most of the other FS's use, instead going for a more tactical approach. It also utilizes abilities given to her in Mario RPG which is interesting to note in terms of other possibilities. Although I'm not a Peach fan myself I have a new respect for her role in the game. And with a homerun bat nearby, she just might turn into a monster with this move.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I was hoping for a onslaught theme for Peach. most to nearly all of her techniques are too cute and sometimes unaffective...>>

No, Peach never had this ability in Super Mario RPG. What she did have, and is destructive, is that rain of bombs I wanted her to have >>. Also, keep in mind she can't pull out Homerun bats, and never will (because that'd totally make her broken and really unfair)

her FS is great, but I expected a bit more. As stated, the closer you are to her, the deeper you'll fall asleep.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I agree.

After watching her FS on a video of it I was like >_>?, then I watched it again, and noticed all the different things that are possible after use of this move.

Even if it does have a few "problems" it seems to be a pretty good FS over all. Hopefully it hits enemies in the air, that are close.

"I'm about to recover to the stage."

*Peach Grabbed the Smash Ball*

*Initiates Final Smash*

Me: "KO."

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I agree.

After watching her FS on a video of it I was like >_>?, then I watched it again, and noticed all the different things that are possible after use of this move.

Even if it does have a few "problems" it seems to be a pretty good FS over all. Hopefully it hits enemies in the air, that are close.

"I'm about to recover to the stage."

*Peach Grabbed the Smash Ball*

*Initiates Final Smash*

Me: "KO."

No, it doesn't catch people in the air. It's been proven when Peach's FS was shown the first time.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
No, it doesn't catch people in the air. It's been proven when Peach's FS was shown the first time.
You mean the Pit Vs. Peach one? IF not then maybe it was proven.

I heard, it was because Pit was FAR out of bounds, although this was a demo substance is initial to chance, IF it happens. And since it effects better at close range and Pit was well, far from Peach it didn't have an effect. Not because he was mid-air.

Although it probably doesn't. (There just isn't enough proof IMHO)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You mean the Pit Vs. Peach one? IF not then maybe it was proven.

I heard, it was because Pit was FAR out of bounds, although this was a demo substance is initial to chance, IF it happens. And since it effects better at close range and Pit was well, far from Peach it didn't have an effect. Not because he was mid-air.

Although it probably doesn't. (There just isn't enough proof IMHO)
It was the Sonic Vs. Ike Vs. Link Vs. Peach free for all at pokemon statium

She put sonic and Ike to sleep while Link was coming back, which he too soon fell asleep when he reached the ground.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for a onslaught theme for Peach. most to nearly all of her techniques are too cute and sometimes unaffective...>>

No, Peach never had this ability in Super Mario RPG. What she did have, and is destructive, is that rain of bombs I wanted her to have >>. Also, keep in mind she can't pull out Homerun bats, and never will (because that'd totally make her broken and really unfair)

her FS is great, but I expected a bit more. As stated, the closer you are to her, the deeper you'll fall asleep.
Yes she did have this ability, it was called Psi-Bomb or something similar and it did damage plus had a chance to put enemies to sleep if they were in the radius. Granted not the exact same attack but same snoozing. And I didn't mean her pulling out a bat from nowhere, I meant if she put them to sleep and then went and got a bat to kill them with.

Talked to someone else, it was both Psi-Bomb and one called Sleepy Time.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's a Final Smash...
What's "Smash" about it? >.>

Sure, it's a great tactical tool or whatever, but the term "Final SMASH" just implies a surefire pummeling of your opponent.
Meh.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
It's perfect for revenge though. Imagine being pummeled by a pissed off Sonic, then snatching the Smash Ball and snoozing his ***. You heal up, grab a firecracker gun and give him a 4th of July to remember.

Eh maybe I'm reaching with the whole using items, because I don't know how long they stay asleep. Still would be pretty fun I'd think even if not the best one.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this is actually a really good final smash, but i can see why people would assume otherwise. i just updated my thread and posted about her final smash if ya'll wanna check it out.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
this is actually a really good final smash, but i can see why people would assume otherwise. i just updated my thread and posted about her final smash if ya'll wanna check it out.
It may be 'really good' to you, but we all know what your favorite FS is :p

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
What i wonder is if it sleeps them in midair too? Cause i think i saw a vid where a Mario was jumping and didnt got affected by her FS, i think to make it more efficient it would be good to sleep them in midair leaving them for an open fall, but maybe with less sleep-lenght. What do you all think?

EDIT: Maybe its already been disscused and it does or not happen, but idk, if so just say so :p

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, it's a Final Smash...
What's "Smash" about it? >.>

Sure, it's a great tactical tool or whatever, but the term "Final SMASH" just implies a surefire pummeling of your opponent.
Meh.
That, like your name, is garbage. You don't need a Final Smash to PUMMEL your foes. However, the only good OTHER example of this I can give is Bowser, who only transforms into Giga Bowser... who is friggin awesome.

How does the transformation hurt them?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
That, like your name, is garbage. You don't need a Final Smash to PUMMEL your foes. However, the only good OTHER example of this I can give is Bowser, who only transforms into Giga Bowser... who is friggin awesome.

How does the transformation hurt them?
I wanted Peach's FS to pummel my foes, not put them to sleep and let me do all the work lol

Obviously, I have nothing against her. It's just most of her specials, especally the modern days, most of her specials were more cute and dazzling instead of destructive and *** kicking. I would welcome this more if we had more of that in the past

But Peach needs a change of pace once in a while. >>

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
The Peach Blossom is all I could ever have dreamed of for Peach's Final Smash. I honestly think that I had seven consecutive joygasms when I first saw it.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I really don't care all that much for her final smash.

They should have used her roots for her ultimate power, not summon peaches from the sky to eat and put enemies to sleep.

If she was going to put enemies to sleep, she could have at least used her spell from Super Mario RPG called "Sleepy Time." I would have opted for a reference to Super Princess Peach.

I'm just not too impressed, seems very unorignal to me.

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
I admit that I wasn't exactly jumping up and down when I first saw Peach's final smash. However, after giving it some thought, and learning more about how it works, I must say that I like it. Sure, it's not some spectacular, flashy, instant KO move, but most of the FSs arn't, and when used properly, Peach's could be very deadly.

dorky24

Smash Rookie
Im wondering though, when peach uses her final smash, can she use the peaches and her down smash in combination to attack your foes? cause in melee, your opponents can get drawn into her down smash, so could you use the peaches to kinda bounce it around? like the peaches damage your foe with your downsmash?

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I like this Final Smash, but I do wonder exactly how long does it put a foe to sleep for at the most (if the foe is right beside you).

Personally, if I just used it to have a chance to hit everyone one by one with uninterrupted, fully charged smashes, I'd probably go for the furthest away one first.

Because they'd wake up sooner, even though that could require jumping right over an other snoring foe that would be tempting to just smash there and then. lol

What I do with the time I have may depend on the situation too, if I have taken a lot of damage, I may focus on the peaches, especially if the foes have less damage and probably couldn't be KO'd anyways.

Also I wonder if how much damage the foes have when the FS is used, if that also effects how deeply it puts them to sleep, I hope it does, it would only be good for me, I don't often have much damage taken should it be used on me by a foe Peach.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Im wondering though, when peach uses her final smash, can she use the peaches and her down smash in combination to attack your foes? cause in melee, your opponents can get drawn into her down smash, so could you use the peaches to kinda bounce it around? like the peaches damage your foe with your downsmash?
Keep in mind that the Dsmash is nerfed. It might have the effect, but the damage factor is definitly less. The peaches won't bounce because it's...not a item or like a Mr. Saturn. The best time to use it is when your opponent is already weak or you got him in a position where you can do lots of combos.

I like this Final Smash, but I do wonder exactly how long does it put a foe to sleep for at the most (if the foe is right beside you).

Personally, if I just used it to have a chance to hit everyone one by one with uninterrupted, fully charged smashes, I'd probably go for the furthest away one first.

Because they'd wake up sooner, even though that could require jumping right over an other snoring foe that would be tempting to just smash there and then. lol

What I do with the time I have may depend on the situation too, if I have taken a lot of damage, I may focus on the peaches, especially if the foes have less damage and probably couldn't be KO'd anyways.

Also I wonder if how much damage the foes have when the FS is used, if that also effects how deeply it puts them to sleep, I hope it does, it would only be good for me, I don't often have much damage taken should it be used on me by a foe Peach.

Well, the damage is about 40% and remember, the effect reaches FAR. From one edge to the otther, even on platforms. The thing is, the closer you are to Peach, the deeper the sleep will be. I'll estimate that it'll be 10-15 seconds (while they're trying their hardest to wake up) that that's how long they'll be sleeping. So no, no matter how much damage they have, it won't effect how long they sleep (unless the new physics in the game will also make them feel 'fatique'

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Actually, I think perhaps a random action, or perhaps a spinning wheel that picks one of Peach's emotions. Maybe a certain button so you can choose. Then it unleashes one of her attacks from SPP. That would be really good for mind games because your opponent would never expect it.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I like her FS because its kinda different...And i like how it does damage, gives you health restoring peaches, and puts people to sleep...The only thing i dont like about it is that people can sheild against it and that it doesnt affect you if youre in the air.

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
I like her FS because its kinda different...And i like how it does damage, gives you health restoring peaches, and puts people to sleep...The only thing i dont like about it is that people can sheild against it and that it doesnt affect you if youre in the air.
Yes but anyone caught and sent snoozing can be pushed off a ledge. They sleep while they fall.

kzee

Smash Rookie
Yes but anyone caught and sent snoozing can be pushed off a ledge. They sleep while they fall.
I thought of that before, and I tried it with the puffball in Melee. They won't fall off the edge while asleep if you try pushing them. They'll just remain at the edge.

But since we don't know if it'll be same in Brawl, it might work.

.:«Jeff»:.

Smash Rookie
I also agree that Peach's final smash is kinda dum and lame. I think it would've been better if she got her angry emotion from "super princess peach" for the DS.

ugg1020

Smash Cadet
I still think her Final Smash should have a been an uber, hyper, mega d-smash where she flies around the stage racking up major damage by sucking in all her opponents. Oh well.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Looks like a fun smash, but not one I'll care about as much as others. Once you wake them up then not much has happened.

iron blade

Smash Ace
the idea of a healing fs is cool, but i wish when your opponents fall asleep the receive like 40-60 damage

Top Bottom