• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pbt#20 6/13/09

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Prince Bistro Tournament #20
June, 13. 2009

Bring Wiis most of all. We're starting earlier! MK is banned for good

Prince Bistro http://www.princebistro.com/
1121 Flower Mound Rd
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
(It's to the Left of the Kroger)

SBR certified (Specific rules here. All changes/additions posted below)
5$ entry fee for singles (No Metaknight)
Teams entry fee 1$ (No Metaknight).
Registration from 12:15 PM to 1:00 pm.
The first event starts at 1:30 pm.

You voted for them, and here they are! For the next PBT we'll be using the following starters:

Starter Levels #3. Battle Field, Sky World, Pictochat, Brinstar, & Pirate Ship.

Thanks Kates and Brettster for bringing your TV's last time. It's always a work in progress trying to organizing all the systems and space, but I think we've almost got it down.

Remember that the only way we can keep this sweet deal going is by buying some food at the venue. It's not too much to ask for you to buy a soda and/or a 3 dollar pizza/burger. It's like some people have forgotten our arrangement. Don't even bother coming if you intend on buying food elsewhere (and bring it inside Prince Bistro at that!). It may sound like I'm being harsh, but all of our actions one way or another are affecting the future of PBT.

Ready your Pikmin! Study your Pikmin

If you're interested, read up on Pikmin in the soon to be 15 part series linked to above, and bring your Pikmin 2 gamecube disks if you have one. Thanks Nate for participating last time. Time got away from us.

There has been some expressed interest in a SF4 tournament. I can run it if you want, but we must have time to do so. Since we have to be about done with everything by 7pm, I'm starting the tournament earlier. If everyone plays their matches quickly instead of waiting around (especially at the tail end of the tournaments) we'll have more time for extra things.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments send them my way... ADarkDreamer@gmail.com

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
My main concern is the starting stages. They're just not really starters.
I guess I'm okay with another one starting on these, but we should honestly go back to one of the other lists soon.

I'll try to show up and bring my full setup again.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
My main concern is the starting stages. They're just not really starters.
I guess I'm okay with another one starting on these, but we should honestly go back to one of the other lists soon.

I'll try to show up and bring my full setup again.
I'm thinking about switching them back to the original starters for PBT20. Thanks for expressing your concern. I'll let everyone know in this thread soon if I make the change.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
sweet. another event i wont go to.

Kirby kid, why do u allow such horrible stages?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Had fun at the melee pbt and I plan on attending this one as well!. I'll probably need a partner for the 2v2.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
<3 the new starter stages. Lots of additional fun for all.

Thank you for banning MK!

edit: I believe you encouraged many more people to come to the event since Akon. Hopefully, you could hype up teams as the main event first $5 entry instead of singles. Just a suggestion, I bet other people would like to play teams first as well.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Looking forward to tomorrow. Haven't played Brawl in a while, but I can't wait for a few rounds of SFIV! Brawl will be fun too, of course.

Top Bottom