• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XI October

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Mike, you're doing everything correctly. You're in charge of MELEE. Not Brawl. Let the Brawl TO organize everything related to Brawl. Just stay chill and play your game.

:phone:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Saffy: main issue here is that there are like 1 or 2 Brawl players that are serious. it's kinda hard for us to help when the rest of the brawl players there just want to play FFAs most of the time. talk to them first imo
I agree; which is why I'm having a hard time speaking up for them, since they just sat there and played ffa's all day, don't bring setups, and don't get involved on swf or aib.

Mike, you're doing everything correctly. You're in charge of MELEE. Not Brawl. Let the Brawl TO organize everything related to Brawl. Just stay chill and play your game.

I feel bad if I forgot to address you; best wishes for your health, man. It was a pleasure to meet you, and I hope that you get the help you need. Once I get a car here I'll make it a point to visit. I at least owe you a rematch =]

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I love you Bert.

Honestly though I like Linkz and I like Saffy and that's part of the reason why I am becoming defensive about this situation. Saffy I really wish you came to the August tourney because you would've had a blast.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I'm not going to force you to do anything. So I cannot answer that question. If you want the answer look back.

I will never have a say because no one is on my side so it doesn't matter. lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I think saf just wants there to be peace and love etc.

If I go in October, I'll make sure brawl runs unless there's absolutely no setups to be spared. I'll even offer a melee player like $5 for his tv if anything, because I know the brawl players bring wiis (I hope).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im going to love and tolerate the **** out of you guys

Zantetsu

Smash Master
At the last Pathways there were 18 entrants for Melee. There were really only 7 for Brawl. There were EXTRA TVs all ****ing night long not being used. If the Brawl players are too goddamned lazy to get up and put their ****ty *** game on it then don't come *****ing in here that you're treated unfairly. I'm sick of hearing about it. I nor any other Melee player is responsible for bringing Brawl setups. I will not voluntarily set up an empty TV with Brawl. DO IT YOURSELF. I will also not force Melee players to bring TVs to be used for the Brawl bracket. Again, there were TVs not even in use at the last Pathways.

At the August pathways, we had a pathetic six entrants for melee. Our bracket didn't even start until TEN PM. BOO HOO. I don't care.

No matter how much crying goes on in here, the priority will ALWAYS be given to the game that has the most entrants. I don't give a **** if 40 Halo players show up next month and bring 30 TVs. They'll get the priority because that's just simply how tournaments are ran.

This

Saffy: main issue here is that there are like 1 or 2 Brawl players that are serious. it's kinda hard for us to help when the rest of the brawl players there just want to play FFAs most of the time. talk to them first imo
And this.

I don't see why Melee players are getting *****ed at when we bring setups and we don't let brawl players use them. We bring setups to insure that we will get tournaments done quick and so we will have plenty of TV's to play friendlies on because CoMo, Rolla, and Springfield only get together once a month and we like to maximize our playtime together to train. It isn't our responsibility to support the brawl players. It's not that we don't like you guys, because I like you all, but if you want to play more brawl, then bring your own setups. The melee community shouldn't get their TV's taken away if they brought them, especially since we have no venue fee and there is no discount to bringing a TV. Again, we bring them to get our tournaments done quick and to maximize our playtime.

Melee players may show brawl players more respect if they were to take the game more seriously like we do. I think Saffy, Linkz, and Chris are the only ones that take it seriously, and that's not enough people to complain about not having TV's.

On another note, there are 4 TV's that come with the venue and those should be for whichever bracket is going on. Afterwards, we should split them 2:2.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I still think that if there's even ~6+ players willing to compete in a brawl tourney and Melee has an abundance of setups that is only marginally helping the bracket finish sooner, we should probably lend at least a setup to Brawl.

again this would be a lot easier for a TO to delegate if there were a venue fee and it were waived for setup provision, but I still think Terral should have the authority as a TO to delegate setups to appease both players. As I said though the main issue is that very few of the Brawl players seem to be serious about getting a bracket going most of the time.

Saffy

Smash Ace
It's not that, it's that You guys could be nice and offer tvs. Instead of saying you didn't bring tvs too bad man. Melee for life!!! My tv is only for melee. It sounds a bit rude. All I'm saying is you guys don't think about others feelings.
Anyways I'll put 50 into the pot for brawl if I go and then prizes if there is random doubles I'll donate something!!!

Cook

Smash Master
I dunno that I'd waste that much money on the Brawl pot unless it was actually going to draw in some players. Pot bonus for a 10 man tourney isn't really necessary, imo...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yo i'd play in a brawl tourney if the pot was $50 extra
money money money

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I dunno that I'd waste that much money on the Brawl pot unless it was actually going to draw in some players. Pot bonus for a 10 man tourney isn't really necessary, imo...
It's okay, you wouldn't win it anyway ;)

Edit: what bad strong said

Saffy

Smash Ace
why would anyone complain about more money? :o
Anyways i'd like to contribute to brawl at pathways, and do something nice. Maybe I'll throw 100 in if I can get more people to come.

Cook

Smash Master
Oh, I certainly don't mind. Just doesn't seem like something you shouldn't do, lol. But it's your money! Maybe it'll draw a couple Stl peeps anyway.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
You're talking to the girl that put $250 in to Melee, a game she doesn't even play.

But for the record there has not yet been an instance where there was an overabundance of melee setups and not enough brawl setups. And without a venue fee, taking a melee players setup for brawl is a pretty easy way to convince that person to not bring the tv again next month.

Saffy if you did a Brawl bonus pot I'm sure you'd get a decent turnout. But I would advertise that setups are needed for the event to be efficient.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Alright!
Well I first need to make sure I can make it. My mom was wanting to throw a halloween party for the farmers around here (no joke rofl) and wanted to do it on the 22nd.. so I asked her if she could do it on the 15th. But I just hope my dad can be here that day.

If I can go, then expect some sort of bonus pot. I might throw in more if I can get Kansas to come. :)

Also Chris I got your candy corn today. lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
worst terry ever

saffy you've gotta get your parents to get to know me better so you can come with us to pathways instead of paying like $50 and having to leave at 7 PM

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Personally, I'd rather not have a ton of money in the bonus pot in just a normal monthly event. If you REALLY want to, $50 (while pushing it) would be alright with me, but I'd still prefer against it. I'd also like to do free-entry brackets if there will be a bonus pot that large.

It's possible we could work on setting up a larger Brawl event (as Ziv did with MIST); it's been discussed before, but there has been little interest in it from the local community and nearby scenes. I just want there to be a separation between the wonderfully-casual Pathways monthlies and more competitive events.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Dubpost. This is about Brawl.

I want to get everyone's views on two things:
First, a full ban on Meta Knight.
Second, a ban on Ice Climbers hand-offs. This isn't a ban on all of their chain grabs, only the instant hand-offs -- ice block reset would be legal, and Sopo's d-throw chain grab at low percents. I want opinions on how this could be enforced (specifically at Pathways, not necessarily for a larger/more competitive tournament) and whether or not it would be meaningful.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Dubpost. This is about Brawl.

I want to get everyone's views on two things:
First, a full ban on Meta Knight.
Second, a ban on Ice Climbers hand-offs. This isn't a ban on all of their chain grabs, only the instant hand-offs -- ice block reset would be legal, and Sopo's d-throw chain grab at low percents. I want opinions on how this could be enforced (specifically at Pathways, not necessarily for a larger/more competitive tournament) and whether or not it would be meaningful.
Yes, and yes.

What's wrong with having more money in the pot? I highly doubt there will be a larger tournament ever made. Since there are very few people in Springfield who like brawl. :| I should see if I can host a brawl tournament in Rolla somewhere. lol

Free brackets are cool, but they are a waste if you come to get some sort of money out of it.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
sorry but if someone took my tv and put brawl on it, i'd be pissed. there are tv's there. just bring a couple wiis.
if the melee players are responsible/whatever enough to bring setups, why should we give them to the people who were too lazy/didn't feel like it/whatever.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
What's wrong with having more money in the pot? I highly doubt there will be a larger tournament ever made. Since there are very few people in Springfield who like brawl. :| I should see if I can host a brawl tournament in Rolla somewhere. lol

Free brackets are cool, but they are a waste if you come to get some sort of money out of it.
I just don't really like the atmosphere that having more money in the pot creates, at least not at the small monthlies. Here in Springfield we have the Meta Games advantage, who would probably let us host another larger tournament there if we could gather together enough interested people. I think most of Missouri's Brawl scene is in the St. Louis/KC area, though, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to host one here.

The thing about free brackets with a bonus pot is that it creates a more competitive environment that's still friendly enough to allow people who may not otherwise feel like shelling out an entry fee to still feel like they can participate and have a good time (even if the good time only lasts for four games). It's up for debate, though. I'm not ruling out the possibility of entry fees.

Also, we're going to be dedicating two of the venue TVs to Brawl this month, and two to Melee. Switching them between events is a hassle, so it makes more sense to me to just have two for each. If any of the Melee crew wants to contribute a TV to Brawl brackets, they should let me know beforehand and we should make sure it has a Wii instead of a GameCube on it.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I agree. Well put.

Hmm well two separate brackets would work for that then... if I did donate $50. Just whatever you think would be best.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
You've mentioned donating plushes, and I think that would be the better prize. Tangible things that people will reflect upon later are a bit more meaningful than having a cash bonus pot.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You've mentioned donating plushes, and I think that would be the better prize. Tangible things that people will reflect upon later are a bit more meaningful than having a cash bonus pot.
My debt with the US Government disagrees!

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
People would rather have money.. I know I would. I just don't like throwing money around at our monthlies.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Two venue TVs each is a good idea. This could have been done last tourney if another Brawl player would have brought a setup.

Also next month I'm bringing extra one dollar bills to throw around just to upset Terral.

Top Bottom