• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Nahhh man, that squirtle. He has some of the same weaknesses as GW in brawl (super light, lacks range) but unlike our 2D friend, he has some crazy mixup potential.

Also it's cool that mario is a solid character. I just wish i knew how to kill with him besides dthrow > dunk.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'll still be maining the Mister for 3.0 but Ganon/DK are right up on my alley for mainship.

Chef is surprisingly really good.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You THINK it is but I realized I still never used it.

Now side b...

THAT is a good move.

My marth is getting slick. Trying to get my movement down. I'm getting better, pulling off some sick wave dash shiz and my on the fly combos are getting nasty

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Everyone in Saskatoon is falling to Project M-ism, I'm really the only Brawl player left.

Domino theory proved correct I guess...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
There's a PM GaW player, meta from BC who makes chef look as good as it... looks haha. It is an incredible anti-air, and if your opponent doesn't respond instantly with really good smash DI, they can get stuck in a chef combo, dealing so much %

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Just got back from a tournament in KY. Sadly the venue lost power midway through the tournament so the only brackets that got done were Melee singles and Brawl doubles. Me and Sombra, an old Diddy/Kirby from West Virginia, decided to team randomly after he posted on the FB page asking for one, and we wound up taking 4th place with MK + Diddy. Top 3 was Infern + Ybm, Smash 64 + ForwardAir, and S2 + Spec (a Donkey Kong + Pika team).

Now I'm going to have to take doubles more seriously, now that I know I have the potential to wind up in the money lol.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Pull out the G&W in dubz yesyes

Man, Apex is approaching fast. Had a mini-tournament yesterday that I won, taking it as good practice.
I'm just praying I don't get a decent mid tier-main in my pool. My goal is top 64, and being the 4th highest placing European.
Not gonna be easy, but you gotta aim high B)

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Pull out the G&W in dubz yesyes

Man, Apex is approaching fast. Had a mini-tournament yesterday that I won, taking it as good practice.
I'm just praying I don't get a decent mid tier-main in my pool. My goal is top 64, and being the 4th highest placing European.
Not gonna be easy, but you gotta aim high B)
I believe in you, gardy. I'm sure you can/will make bracket. Nekko made it last year as GW and i think you are probably better than him.
And what Europeans are you competing against? Ramin, Leon (coming?), Heru (?), J Miller???

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Ramin, Leon and Heru are the big three to look out for this time. I don't think quiksilver and cyve could make it.
Other Europeans that are going are Jebu, Loota, Sinth, Marc, Sol64, J.Miller and Ixis, among others.

Neko made bracket, but getting out of pools is harder this time around unless I get "OoC Privileges" and get a high seed in my pool(which would result in only having 1 top player to look out for, instead of 2)

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Because I have absolutely no matchup experience against them(except for Toon Link).

I'd much rather face MKs, Falcos and Diddy Kongs

Sar

Smash Journeyman
So the dream is to have a lot of mid-level MKs that you can **** on, eh?

And yeah, I went though the list of people who are registered and quick and cyve aren't on it (yet). Have/do you play heru? I looked for some matches of you vs. him yesterday on youtube but did't have much success.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
We've played once in tournament. It was a solid win for him(although last game was Ganondorf vs CF yesyesyes), 'twas grand finals.
We do play some wifi together while preparing for Apex, and we're staying together in 'murrica

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, about that. I saw your post on the Apex thread about the hotel check-in age. So you registered under your name, you're 19 but have people in the room who are 21?

I'm wondering how tightly they will follow the whole "you must be 21 to check in" thing. I mean, once you've already paid are they really going to deny you a room?

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Well that thing stated that you had to be 18 to reserve a room, it didn't specify anything to check in to a room. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be different, but there's no guarantee that 1) the reservation and check-in ages are the same or 2) that every hilton hotel follows the same age rules. Hopefully it's just 18 all around and everyone is happy.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Figured out a great way to do a lagless ledge-fair. Put the L or R-button(whatever you don't use to shield) as jump. Becomes way easier for w/e reason. Requires less from the right thumb, I guess

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Oreally? Nice. I have r as jump for OOS stuff with no tap jump.

Also gardex let us know when you get to the us. Also can you play mikehaze for me? Save it or get it recorded. I just wanna see it.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Figured out a great way to do a lagless ledge-fair. Put the L or R-button(whatever you don't use to shield) as jump. Becomes way easier for w/e reason. Requires less from the right thumb, I guess
Could you upload/link a video that shows this?

Officially not going Apex. Anyone have Skype so I can be there while not leaving here? I think I can if anyone has an iPhone .

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Can't say I'm happy with it. Adhd, delux, ed and nysyarc. It's basically everyone I didnt want to face. (great) mid tiers, ice climbers and the best diddy Kong

Not looking good guys

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If it makes you feel better you're probably the player I'm scared of playing the most >_>

Top Bottom