• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't want to play either of you guys to be honest >_>

Crafty mid tier players are the scariest. I'd rather face the MKs lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't want to play either of you guys to be honest >_>

Crafty mid tier players are the scariest. I'd rather face the MKs lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Gardex I am so sorry...

That looks like the hardest pool in the tournament tbh. Blacktwins is an ICs as well. I have faith you can beat ed, but like you should've considered an answer to ICs before coming :/.

EDIT: LMFAO at delux pretending to be scared of sheik and GaW

Last edited:

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Did blacktwins switch chars? Last I heard he played Yoshi but I haven't heard from him in a long time since I stopped playing wifi.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Went as expected; lost to Ed and got knocked out.

The plan was playing Mr. R's Sheik the night before to get ready, but it just confirmed that I had no idea what I was doing. Ed beat me solidly, 1 stock low %.

In winners I lost to archer, who used Marth. He was pretty good, but game 3 I bacon-locked myself, and he just tippered me at 60% and killed me. I ALMOST came back, but lost in the end

Lets hope Paper and people do better than me, they probably got better pools.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Don't worry mid tiers are like that. And especially sheik. She has some mean punish game too, I've played a few good ones.

Archer I definitely thought you'd beat but it IS marth. Last year he was using Mario when I saw him so I thought you'd just bair the **** outta him

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Looking better for other G&Ws

Penta made it out, paper beat kismet(then lost to RichBrown in WFs) and viva beat bizkit. Man, wish I got mks and falcos

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
Nick Riddle bodied me, and Penta and I had a pretty fun G&W ditto set but he really brought it back after I had a solid lead in game 2. Penta if you post on here I'd love to play more matches next year, I know you hate the ditto but we can figure somethin out.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I wouldn't have minded friendlies if you asked but there were no available set ups at all. Even if you did manage to find one you could only sneak in a game before being told to get off. But yea good games, shouldn't have chased me off the stage last stock :(

Sure we can play more next year (if brawl survives until the next apex lol)

Edit: If anyone was wondering, I beat coney in losers bracket pools, getting top 2 with nickriddle. (Losing to coney in winners)

In bracket i beat lee martin then lost to denti. Think i got 49th.

Last edited:

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't have minded friendlies if you asked but there were no available set ups at all. Even if you did manage to find one you could only sneak in a game before being told to get off. But yea good games, shouldn't have chased me off the stage last stock :(

Sure we can play more next year (if brawl survives until the next apex lol)

Edit: If anyone was wondering, I beat coney in losers bracket pools, getting top 2 with nickriddle. (Losing to coney in winners)

In bracket i beat lee martin then lost to denti. Think i got 49th.

Friendlies would be fantastic next year! I also think it was hard to play friendlies in the venue, I waited to play with a friend earlier and didn't get the chance. I must say I thought the games were good, and that all of the other games I played were fantastic practice and a great learning opportunity. It was cool to watch you play against Jebu as well, picked up some interesting G&W stuff.

I'm glad to hear you progressed through the bracket. We're hoping to have some travel money to go down the east coast for more tourneys later this year hopefully, so we might be able to play some matches then too.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I sadly dont have a Solaire t-shirt(but **** I've been trying to get one), and I like to believe that my accent is surprisingly uneuropean

Sylarius

Smash Ace
So supposedly PentaSalia doesn't remember me anymore.

:(

what about the set where you 9'd me first stock and I fsmash tippered you twice for two KOs the next game

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Hey so, to find a topic to start talking about, who's legitimately won a game due to a 9 hammer? It doesn't have to be last stock as long as you are fairly sure you won because of it. I know Vinnie has vs Ally and I've won with a hammer against someone on ladder on AiB once. Anyone else?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I had a very very close set with Jebu but I managed to kill him at 20% with hammer so I won.

Top Bottom