• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
'Forgot to mention, G&W has a cameo in the smog factory level background in DK Country Returns.

D

Deleted member 189823

Are gaw and Wario similiar in gameplay? They both rely most on air game and have a limited ground game.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Not really. Tbh there isn't very much in common with them except for good air game and such.

D

Deleted member 189823

That's what I meant. )= Although I didn't think most of you considered gaw's airgame "good".

Rizen

Smash Legend
G&W has a mean air game. MK, Peach, TL, maybe Jiggz and ROB come to mind for good air games. 'Air game' is a very broad category so we might have different specifics.

D

Deleted member 189823

G&W has a mean air game. MK, Peach, TL, maybe Jiggz and ROB come to mind for good air games. 'Air game' is a very broad category so we might have different specifics.
R.O.B has a good air game? Isn't it mostly F-Air-based? His N, B & D-Air are slow and his big base makes him a victim of others' airgame.

What? Of course we do GWs air game is some of the best in the game, did you think we were singing the praises of his ground game? lol
Um, no...but you do always say he's bad, implying he has good nothing. :awesome:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I never say Gdubs is bad. Never.

I say he's "...okay" every time

Also that's false and you're making assumptions, only an idiot thinks Gdubs has bad air game and nobody here is that stupid.

Most of us don't think Gdubs is bad, it's usually some random person who lost to gdubs because they don't know the matchup or some new guy who thinks he's the best character in the game who come here making him seem top tier. everybody says he's average-ish to good except LzR who is just salty about losing with him and then everybody gets mad at us for being realistic.

There's a reason I dropped Bowser and I have never dropped Gdubs, it's because Gdubs isn't bad.

edit: he's not that great either though, but that doesn't mean he's bad, it means he isn't great. He is a solid character thats fits a very particular niche in any players arsenal... like peach, although I think she's slightly better on a conservative stagelist.

In stagelists with RC and Brinstar I think Gdubs is the bottom high tier character however.

Rizen

Smash Legend
ROB has a great recovery and air stalling game. He can camp with lasers/gyro relatively safely in the air offstage. His offstage intercepting's really good too. /air game means many things

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
okay =(

Hey look these are GFs of a tournament about two months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmp8gXebcZw&feature=plcp

happyface, you use Peach, you should watch it.
Nice Peach, I've watched some of his videos you linked me a while back, seems he got better too. I like the way he handles the snake matchup, I suck against anyone who zones or traps, she's so slooooowww (mobility wise, not attack wise)

Good stuff though

D

Deleted member 189823

Thank you, happyface.
Yeah, he knows that MU really well because he's really a Snake main.

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
Did pretty well at NST7, got 7th out of 45, losing to Joan :diddy: and Greward :ike: / :olimar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoUBvaKmqA&feature=plcp

Beaten his Ike, but couldn't get it done against Olimar, I should have played more patiently
instead of rushing everything (as I always do...) Close one though...
The third match, he did not want to go airborne as it's easier for me to juggle,
little comeback, but it was too late...

More vids to come soon ; full results of this tournament here :
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=329456

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
In game 2 you often used up b to just give him a little more percentage.
While this is something I usually do myself, it should be greatly avoided vs Olimar.

You want this guy to be above you, that's when you actually do destroy him. Using up b will either reset the situation or put YOU above HIM. You do not want that to happen.
That's why you should, like you said, be more patient. But don't be afraid of going in, I saw plenty of situations where Greward left himself open and you didn't go in with a bair/fair and try to make something out of it.

Alphicans is slow as ****

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
Yeah, maybe slow down use of UpB's seems like a valid solution in that case,
and overall, I should really pay attention to how I do it,
a bit mindgameable since it's pretty automatic (Ike's Fsmash in the first match)

Rah, I should have won this one if your spirit was with me...

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yeah, maybe slow down use of UpB's seems like a valid solution in that case,
and overall, I should really pay attention to how I do it,
a bit mindgameable since it's pretty automatic (Ike's Fsmash in the first match)

Rah, I should have won this one if your spirit was with me...
Yeah Up B in that MU seems almost second nature.

Made a mistake and you know Oli is gonna Hyphen Up Smash? Up B.

Oli is running in with a Fair? Up B.

Just need a little bit of damage and Olimar is
above you? Up B.

The problem is that you're only getting a small immediate payout while potentially putting yourself in a bad situation like the others said. Waiting is an extremely powerful tool for GW since his big reward moves are difficult to land. Its easy to use Up B in a lot of situations but especially in this MU, its better to take the risk, wait and see if you can get a better option. People who use characters who have limited air games are scared of GW when they're above him. Find the trigger that causes a nervous reaction like airdodging and exploit it.

Olimar above you and Olimar in a tech chase are the two scenarios you profit from the most :D

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I actually had already turned 18 :awesome: I missed last months board by a few days. Ended up getting at about 10 days after my 18th.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I wish we did that. I would be extremely fat though.

We're an adventure troop. Hiking grand canyon and white water rafting and 100 miles backpackers and stuff. It's really fun.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Nair and upair **** Olimar so hard.
Like if they whistle thinking you're gonna nair, just upair them back up and eventually they'll try to airdodge the upair and then you can just nair for free. Also some are ******** and think they can dair or nair through our nair so lol if they do that.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You guys are ****ing crazy lmao.

Hearing you scream OH MAH GOD WHY???????? made me legit laugh out loud.

10/10

I wanna visitttttt.

Top Bottom