• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only things we could probably care for in terms of frame data are random frame advantages on hit for various things. A complete list of frame advanatage of N-air/U-air on all characters, and frame advantage of D-throw whether or not they tech, and confirmation on G&W's ability to techchase regrab a techroll (or w/e he can do with the right prediction).

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The D-throw thing looks like something I'd be interested in doing. As soon as I get some codes from Shanus (he's working on some for the Smashlab right now, I hope) that will make it easier and faster for us to gather the data.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Bowser is so Broken I love it. I was testing the online (Which for some reason always desyncs even though me and the person have the same exact folder, any advice?)

And a friend of mine was using sheik and I was bowser and it was a pretty epic battle because it was like sheik was slowly wittling away at bowser and going invisible and dancing around me and I was just swinging tilts and fire breathing trying to hit him (It's actually harder than it would seem to fight an invisible character because even though you see the tag you still have no idea what they're doing, they could be shielding but on the other hand they could be charging a smash)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yink made it for me =)
:) It was a pleasure Zac.

Where did you find the render? I'll probably do more frame data for her if she makes me a new sig. >:D

Also what would you think of having high quality frame data like the Ness boards, or would you rather stick with the one you currently have?
:C stop bribing me, you put our frame data off for months! Also, thank you for the frame data.

...sup GaW's?

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
What have you been practicing on?
The 3rd hit of nair -> practically anything.

Dsmash is obviously best option, but if you time it right, you can also even get judgments.
I usually do 3rd hit of nair to Dsmash, Dtilt, Utilt, or Jab Cancel -> Grab.
Mix up your attacks and invent something. ;P

I especially love to 3rd hit nair -> Jab Cancel -> Grab -> Dthrow -> Dsmash, they probably won't tech since they didn't expect the Grab.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Oo. Sometimes on training mode, but very little.
Usually vs actual humans, since the best Falco and Diddy here live 2 minutes away form here I get alot of practice with them.

Sometimes we just go on training mode and I tell them to DI for me while I try new stuff out.

Lightning Tiger

Smash Apprentice
And do you just approach with nair? and set it up like that?
What possible set ups do you have?
besides the two A2Z mentioned

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so how do you hit with just the third Nair, and not the others? It sounds kinda precise, but it probably is easier than I'm thinking it is...I actually don't own Brawl, but I play a lot at my friend's house.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't see how its possible to consistently and accurately only hit with the 3rd hit of Nair against a smart player who spaces really well.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hey guys. Today it was PAUNCH Day over at GFAQs (On 6/9 [hur hur] we all pick falcon and go on basic brawl spam falcon punch on people)

Anyway I'd like to share a few so we can lol at them, anyone willing to upload them for me?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't see how its possible to consistently and accurately only hit with the 3rd hit of Nair against a smart player who spaces really well.
I guess.

Just use whatever works. The hit you want is either the first hit only, or the 3rd hit.

Platform drop -> N-air imo is also worth experimenting with. ESPECIALLY if you can platform drop out of shield consistently. I do know that I have been able to space N-air -> D-smash combos via platform drop on training mode.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
G&W in Brawl Minus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moss7dffwB4

I got wrecked by Awestin, it was his first time playing Brawl Minus. Stupid Ness = broken xD
Man I really dont play Minus G&W the same way as you do.
You can really spam hammer much safer now, and you should really abuse shield stun.
Why dont you spam Fair and wiff like mad? work wonders.
Fair,Fair,Fair,Fair! We really have a different Minus G&W. :p

...Ness Bthrow is just so OP.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Banhammer - dang, gg

@overgamer - don't take too much from those matches. I was out of it. I had just finished playing grand finals of brawl singles... 1hr+ straight against a smart MK. It was hard. Then I went straight to doing brawl minus... which was harder cause i was still stuck in normal brawl mentality.

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Get any numbas Banhammer?

@Zac I agree with you completely, hitting 3rd hit of nair on an opponent that spaces well is hella hard. Just today I was getting ***** by a smart D3 who has good *** spacing for trying out 3rd hit nair. It's just the situation you are put into, like vs Falcos, to me it's amazing, but vs D3s I don't recommend trying 3rd hit nair.

@Lightning I basically just fullhop fair -> nair, fullhop bair -> nair, or just FF the nair to hit the 3rd hit (hardest imo, but can be done with right timing and practice).

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i wish i could john like that zac:p

edit

banhammer
i think you're the only black G&W on here,besides ruuku;o lmao

hot pic

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol^ xD

oh gee,i am so sorry LOL

i always thought of you as a girl smasher before anything else x_x

dont hate me<3

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
@Hebrew and Lightning I find the girl beside the asian chick the hottest. (:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I don't know anything about lady gaga, everything popular generally goes over my head.

I'm pathetically out of the loop when it comes to music and stuff. I just read the news.

Top Bottom