• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Marth isnt really arguable, I would say him and ICs require a secondary. Oli probably not but **** it Olimar mains deserve to get tornado'd or lazer'd or CG'd or whatever the secondary you pick is.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Thanks LzR, it was a lot of fun. We had time to do doubles afterwards, which was great because GW is so OP.

Quick question to everyone, what type of gamecube controllers do you all use/how do you get them? I bought a couple imitation GC controllers a few months ago off amazon, but now on one of them the control stick is always ghosted up and on the other one the control stick pad ripped off. In other words - complete crap. I'm guessing the only good controllers are the official nintendo ones, but they're so expensive if you don't buy them used. Thoughts?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I hunt mother****in' monsters, my n-word

I HUNT DESE MUH****AS

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Co-op all day with friends. i'm actually getting good at a monster hunter game, i'm so giddy :D

Really fun with friends

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I bought my controller off of Nintendo's official site. the $25 + shipping is worth it when you consider you could potentially spend that much money going through used controllers and knock-offs. Cheaper in the long run to just buy a good controller that will last you a long time.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Lmao Dam, can honestly say I've never seen GW's throws kill before (dthrow > kill move doesn't count =P). When do they kill normally even, 500%?

And Chozo, the problem with that is Nintendo stopped making the official gamecube controllers so you either have to snag an official one that was saved up somehow or opt for the cheap off-brand labels.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I've killed with Fthrow once, though it was kinda close to a walk off at like 120%.
My opponent tried to be clever by teching my Dthrow towards the walkoff which would have been the worst option so I shouldn't expect it. I saw it coming though so I used Fthrow and his DI made him kill himself.
And yes, our Back and Forward throws are the most useless throws in the game by a long shot.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It still throws the opponent backwards though but I know it sucks. For us there is basically no difference between up, f and b throws. They all throw the opponent up without any followups. We have 2 completely obsolete throws where Marth has only one.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Got my computer fixed at long last. So that means.. the combo video can be restarted (.. rather started, I never got to do any work on it)
So any replays that you want to be in it, send away. I can use bins, youtube, or any video files.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
So over the past (hurr) few months I've been picking up Wolf, and I'm fairly confident he's better than my Gdubs now for the most part, at least at higher levels of play. Now I'm trying to pick up Wario, because I love nair OoS and early fart kills

Sar

Smash Journeyman
I should love Wario, he's got everything I tend to like in characters (awesome aerial mobility, good aerials, good kill potential), but for some reason I cannot play him at all. He doesn't really have much range, which might be the issue. I stick to GW for the most part. I'll pull out my marth if GW isn't working, and ROB can be really fun to play around with.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Both of those characters are two characters I can't use and are terrible with.

The characters I just cannot (by any stretch of the imagination) play are Wolf, Wario, Luigi, Olimar (Because I will never ever ever ever ever pick that character ever), Lucas, and Sonic. Oh and diddy, I cannot use that character effectively at all.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I should love Wario, he's got everything I tend to like in characters (awesome aerial mobility, good aerials, good kill potential), but for some reason I cannot play him at all. He doesn't really have much range, which might be the issue. I stick to GW for the most part. I'll pull out my marth if GW isn't working, and ROB can be really fun to play around with.
what's nice is he can float around out of the opponents range, wait for them to mess up/do the wrong move, and then swoop in and do a few pokes, then throw them away/fmash/etc. Nair OoS is also nice, fastfall uair is decent for punishing getups, along with superarmor during fsmash. If I'm getting outspaced, I'll bring out the tires. Matchups I would never do with him would probably be Marth, and maybe MK. (And d3 of course.)

Last week I got bored and just started playing totally random characters, so I could get at least slightly familiar with most, if not all characters. It definitely helped me in the Luigi matchups, because as I was playing Luigi, I realised how easy it was to get an up-b kill on an unsuspecting enemy by just doing jab -> upb, which was getting me at the last tourney I was at.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah when i play against my little brother or against noobs i tend to pick random a lot. It really helps at 1) getting to know other characters/what options they have/what their weaknesses are (<- I find this to be most beneficial)
and 2) just getting better at brawl theory in general. Like sure, different characters have different defensive/offensive options, but there are some times where there is a universal best option.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
So the day after I hand wash my jeep, we get a strong dust storm, then a rain storm, then another dust storm. I didn't want it cleaned anyways.. >.<

Any updates from the matchup chart?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
If we have a stream saturday you guys should watch for me =). The big hit in Cali.

Be warned though I'm a pretty big choker out of state. But I feel good. I normally put pressure on myself and that's why but I'm really apathetic this time and I think it'll help my chokyness

-LzR-

Smash Hero
5th place, not too bad but not too good either. I guess it's ok. Still can't beat Snake and I also had to face Heru in my first set where I got pretty much double 3 stocked because I didn't give a **** and went Snake.
But I was still damn awesome because I managed to land bacon -> 9 in doubles. Now I've done it all.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I got one of my best 9s yesterday too. I was playing doubles and my partner was comboing (mk) a wolf. And I predicted the trajectory perfectly and ran to the spot and side-b'd and heperfectly fell into my 9. Wish I could saved it it looked so sick.

YouKnowMyFunction

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm new on here, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a G&W main from WA, just near the Canadian border. Just started playing SSBB seriously in October, I'm trying to pick up as quickly as possible and the best way to do that is to be active on the threads and in the community. So, um, hi!

As for the new tier list, it makes sense. I thought the double-S rating for MK was a bit overkill, but it's understandable if they wanted to make IC an S-class character.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Lol. I'm still a gdubs though. Peach and MK are just friends baby you know I love my gdubs <3

MMmmmhmmm, that's what they all say.

Hey I'm new on here, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a G&W main from WA, just near the Canadian border. Just started playing SSBB seriously in October, I'm trying to pick up as quickly as possible and the best way to do that is to be active on the threads and in the community. So, um, hi!

As for the new tier list, it makes sense. I thought the double-S rating for MK was a bit overkill, but it's understandable if they wanted to make IC an S-class character.
Welcome brother!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Not great but I had an amazing time. Ultimately I lost to Lucas embarrassingly enough but I'm bad against Lucas and don't really understand the matchup. Lost matchup inexperience and a bit of jank but its whatever. Almost beat zex but couldn't pull off the win. Beat his snake first game and he went mk. Almost got the win second game but lost and then he out adapted to me 3rd game and 2 stocked me. Mk is normally one of my strongest matchups but not that day lol. Also lost to s2h's mk. He's REALLY good at the matchup probably the most proficient mk I've played at it. Knew exactly what moves to use and what stupid things not to fall for. Couldn't get any grabs and his ground game was tight didn't let me get him into the air. It was pretty hard. I guess he's a WiFi player says he has to play gdubs all the time and apparently he dispatches paper fairly easily so yeah no shame in losing that one. I beat truths pika 2-0. Wasn't hard but he almost reverse 3 stocked me both games so I was glad I didn't let those slip away.

In friendlies I beat some marths (a matchup I'm getting pretty good at now but still find difficult)

Beat zekey in a ditto set but you know how that matchup is. He's still definitely the better player. Also beat his diddy but I don't think we finished the set. His d3 is really good but my mk did pretty decently. My mashing is so good I popped out of a swallowcide in like ally speed lol.

BTW I played ally and did pretty decently against his mk. Only got a stock off the snake and I had to kill myself to do it lol. Hella good and the most humble top player I've met yet. The mk match was funny I was getting some really **** strings on him and was living forever. I got him to 92% on the last stock but spent most of it trying to stay alive because I was almost at 200%. Good di and my recovery mixups helped a lot. Played his falcon with my peach. The matches were initially close but he pulled out some sick shiz and started working me.

Umm lessee what else... my support peach was doing work in teams this weekend. K9 and I got close to beating tyrant and rich more than a few times... my teams gdubs is garbage so maybe I should start using peach... I just hate needing to be saved every time I get forced offstage.

I'm on off time at work so I just typed all that on my phone... I have lotsa stories from this weekend so maybe I'll tell you guys sommore when the boards dies again

Top Bottom