• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Splice

Smash Hero
Olimar will destroy your landings. Bair is not too bad if you abuse platforms to land on them or keep your jump

Space Bair so Oli will not punish with Usmash OoS (save ur jump too) and at the very least have trouble SDIing well enough to punish you (especially if the Bair is rising). Sometimes if im definitely gonna poke i'll dig in with the Bair instead and hope I get the last hit to hit him away before he SDIs.

Fino is really good but you can use Bair in this MU

@Clover: Isn't it whites and purples on Delfino? I don't remember all the stages anymore, I used to when I played the MU often. But I guess I did misread.

I knew Yellow Uair was good, but i didnt know all other hitbubbles were the same.
It could be that Dair can beat all the other hit bubbles if spaced then?
Basically I'll close with our Dair can beat your Uair possibly but it's not a good idea anyway. lol

@GIMR: That must have been a great doubles set, with teams like that :)

Splice

Smash Hero
...I noticed that and i was talking about grounded olimar.
You can still abuse platforms against a grounded Olimar, if you still have your second jump. Even without it you can still be safe against Oli although obviously its preferable.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Playing against Zori reminded me of the hate I have for going against Olimar. Genesis though was amazing. I played a couple of G&W dittos/friendlies but I didn't get a chance to friendly you Alph. Hopefully I can have a chance to play you at Apex. :glare:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol yeah sorry about that. I went out of my way to find you that day actually, but you were playing, and then stuff started, and then I didn't know where you were.

I wanna go to APEX, and will try to get money for it, so if we're both there, friendlies will happen.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
@Clover: Isn't it whites and purples on Delfino? I don't remember all the stages anymore, I used to when I played the MU often. But I guess I did misread.
[collapse="Delfino's Terrain stuff"]
Delphino Plaza: Grass/Leaves (3 islands), Cloth (awnings/umbrellas), Grate (bottom main platform), Wood (dock), Water (canals), Sand (islands), Basic (everything else)

00 Basic |100%| 1 | 1 | 1 |0.5|0.4|25.6%|25.6%|25.6%|12.8%|10.3%
02 Grass |100%| 1 | 1 | 1 |0.5|0.4|25.6%|25.6%|25.6%|12.8%|10.3%
04 Wood |100%| 1 | 1 | 1 |0.5|0.4|25.6%|25.6%|25.6%|12.8%|10.3%
07 Cloth |120%| 2 | 1 | 1 |0.5|0.4|40.8%|20.4%|20.4%|10.2%| 8.2%
10 Water |100%| 0 | 1 | 4 |0.5|0.4| 0.0%|16.9%|67.8%| 8.5%| 6.8%
27 Grate |100%| 1 | 1 | 1 |0.5| 1 |22.2%|22.2%|22.2%|11.1%|22.2%
28 Sand |100%|1.5|1.5|0.5|0.2|0.5|35.7%|35.7%|11.9%| 4.8%|11.9%[/collapse]

For easy-to-access reference
As you'll notice, it has some particularly obscene pluck percentages for all colors except white in different areas of the stage.

Basically I'll close with our Dair can beat your Uair possibly but it's not a good idea anyway. lol
So... square one, then? ^^;

Anyway, sorry to rant about insignificant Olimar crap, G&W players!

Splice

Smash Hero
Aww you didnt have to go through the trouble lol

dat "Grate" :p
I guess it is metal pretty much

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So yeah just had lip surgery and I think my lip is infected. Pretty sure it shouldng be huge and purple... dude if I die before I hit the pr im gonna be so pissed

:phone:

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah sorry about that. I went out of my way to find you that day actually, but you were playing, and then stuff started, and then I didn't know where you were.

I wanna go to APEX, and will try to get money for it, so if we're both there, friendlies will happen.
Best of luck then my fellow Game & Watcher! =D

How far away is Apex btw?

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Okay guys, this weekend will be a pretty big tourney at Dijon in France, I'm going tomorrow early in the morning. Wish me luck, I'll try to kick as many ***** as I can with Gdubs!

Cya in 4 days!

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Good luck Overgamer!

I have a tournament this Saturday too...not too big of one, but still. I'm feeling pretty good about my Game and Watch right now. I was doing pretty good at a little smashfest I was just at.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Zac youre too good to retire. Even when you quit you still ****. Please tell me everything you did to olimar I need to get good at that matchup

:phone:

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
I just won... a smash tourney. Beat denti, arguably one of the best Olimars out there.

:)
Wow that's amazing! Congrats! Sif you're retired man! ;D

Are the videos on youtube? I think they'd be great for reference in our match-up threads.

Btw, mind helping us out in the MU thread?

Splice

Smash Hero
Zac you pro
you are just, the goods, man

'sif quit
Real nice beatin' Denti

Vids would be cool ;)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I forgot to record/save replays =( I will check, maybe I have some.

It basically came down to him winning on starters and me winning on counterpicks (lol). Game 5 was on lylat.

It's really hard to approach, still not sure how. The trick is to get him above you and jungle with nair / never let him hit the ground (like snake). Dthrow is godly, as Olimar's roll is horrendous. Fair helps you keep him off stage if you can mindgame him to airdodge / downB early. It's also important to note what pikmin he has up next, if it's blue / purple then grabs / upsmash oos will kill you.

The matchup is whacky.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I just won... a smash tourney. Beat denti, arguably one of the best Olimars out there.

:)
It's a sign...for you to unretire!

Oh sorry. When I was done, I tried looking for you as well but I noticed all of the stations were taken so I kinda imagined that we wouldn't have had the chance. It's OK though.

Excellent. :yeahboi:

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Hey guys I'm back! placed 9th out of 48 opponents. We had pools, and then 32 player brackets.
I met the GF winner on round 2 (Deimos, who was playing a very skilled Marth), so yeah it was a hard start, but I fight my way in the looser until I finaly loose to a MK.

I won't john about how many SD I did, but there were quiet a few. =')
We also made a super wombo giant crew the final day after the single and doubles, with 2 teams, and we saved all replays, I'll post them as soon as I can get my hands on'em. Overall, I really enjoyed playing 4 days of Brawl. I learned many things in some MU, and will try to contribute as much as I can. I also met Lifes, and we were having fun talking about MUs & lots of other facts. He told me he knows lot of things, but he can't really translate properly, so I'll help him share his knowlege.

PS: GG Zac for ****** a good Olimar! G&W da bess!

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Nice one Overgamer! Speaking of ****** Olimars, we're discussing him right now so you could have a quick look at the MU thread.

Great to have you back -- why do you keep leaving us? :laugh:

Top Bottom