• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena needs to be slightly nerfed - she is OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Infracted for spam
Wow, this is a fun thread to read! Dont tell me its over

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Having no counterplay isn't overpowered that's just broken being overpowered means being able to achieve something with little work needed when compared against the competition.
broken is something blatantly overpowered to the point of being dumb. like playing master hand in melee. or playing ST akuma in street fighter.

your definition of overpowered is flacky due to the fact it relies on MUs. You play peach, well imagine I'm playing bowser. i can call you entire character OP because you can work me better than a lot of characters, yet if I play someone like marth, you'll call my character op because I can shut down your aerials and shove you offstage.

Luigi can create damage better than nearly the entire cast, is his damage potential OP?

simon and richter (and the links) have the best tools for zoning, no other character can zone as good as them, do they fit?

it really is about counterplay, since if it has a counter, then the work needed to beat it becomes much more strenuous.

also, Slugma128 Slugma128 , you play peach right? so your point is that palu can combo her aerials into her aerials to 30% or around there, and they're pretty safe right?

well, for one, palu has to be in the air to perform this, making her vulnerable to getting Utilted by you, or Usmash. You can pull a turnip and throw it when they enter the air. You can bait them to cease and run after you by running away and pulling turnips. running reveals what they may do (jab is super short ranged, any tilt can be shieleded and punished, doing aerials and missing you will lead to getting hit by a turnip, a grab is short ranged and vulnerable to a turnip, so doing aerials is most likely what they may do), which allows you to do more Utilts, and turnip tosses, or beating them to it with your own aerials, etc..

you have to be very analytical, and really see what could be done to recitfy the situation, instead of bringing out the "it's OP!" hammer. nobody, absoluteley nobody, knows what's OP and what isn't. you don't possess the knowledge to see what 70 something other characters can do against it. plus the fact that each character has like 17 moves and each has a chance of countering the "OP" move.

marth and any character with range can shut down palu's aerial game and approach game, so you can pick those characters up when you struggle with peach.

of course, one of the best and simplest ways to learn how to beat palu is to play as her and sees what makes her tick.

also, watch this:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Why do people still open nerf threads? Gitgud, don't be scrubs.
Because (as we learned from this thread) some people aren't willing to accept criticism or the fact that someone was better than them and will spam the forum with threads hoping that another person will tell them that it wasn't their fault that they lost and reassure them in some untruthful (and probably salty) way.

Like holy crap just get over it, you lost. No need to create so many threads like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom