• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAL/ NTSC(V1.0/1.1/1.2) Disc Version Differences Archive

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
uhhh....k....why dont you make a section for posting the glitch differences.

what does it say under the melee disc if you have PAL?
mine says 02, that means 1.2, right?

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
A friend put that up on his website for me. I guess the site must not exist anymore. Basically it just showed that the weight differences from ntsc-pal didnt make a difference at low percents but was about 1% difference at higher percents. There are also no moves that havent already been listed that were changed with respect to damage and knockback. If any changes still exist then it must be really insignificant.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
I think that Ganondorf's dthrow will send the opponent in front of you in NTSC. In my sweet PAL they will go behind you. Watch "Triforce of Power", where he chainthrows. That might be DI because it's not that way in my game.

And I also know that Links dtilt can spike in NTSC, and I've never done or seen it in PAL.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
There's several more...
Example go to Stadium with Mario, walk off one of the platforms (on neutral green stage) use aerial jump to jump to the second platform. You will notice this is much easier in NTSC than in PAL.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
are you sure link's dtilt doesn't spike in PAL? hmm, are you hitting them with the middle of the sword? who knows....i don't play link enough. but i didn't know that any of the spikes/ meteors got changed into regular moves. Falco's spike got changed, but the first half of it's still a spike. but w/e, i can't really argue against it if I don't have PAL. :(

oh and it must've been DI in "Triforce of Power", cuz ganon's dthrow sends 'em behind me in ntsc, too.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
I checked the link spike up and it does only spike if the opponent is above the blade, or very close to link. If the opponent hangs on the edge dtilt will make em go upwards.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There are some strats that don't work in PAL that do in NTSC

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
dunno if this was addressed but...

Fox's fair is not longer in PAL version, the idea started when the last target hit of Fox's BtT was an AFA through a wall, and for some reason, NTSC people could only get 7.28. PAL users ended up being able to get 7.21 and 7.18. It was later proven that NTSC players suck and both Fox's can hit the target at the same time.

PAL Flippers hitting harder started again from BtT'ers, when they noticed that Marth fell over after getting hit by the bumpers. In NTSC you just get knocked back (the difference between being able to tech or not.) But It was just because Marth is lighter in PAL.

jaywinner

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if anybody knew of a difference with Falco's dthrow between versions. I had trouble with my copy of smash so I borrowed a friend's and Falco's dthrow seemed much slower. On my copy it's very hard (maybe impossible) for Fox to escape being hit after Falco's dthrow yet in the other version, it was quite possible, easy even, to avoid it.

Anybody else notice this / has more information?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a product of 1% or less damage hits to cause hit lag, a difference between the various NTSC releases.

There's also a strange bug where Fox can't tech out of Falco's dthrow at low percents for some reason, which iirc is unique to NTSC 1.0.

Doraki

Smash Lord
I thought fox couldn't tech falco's dthrow ever in all the ntsc versions...

Is it me or is shooting yourself with the barrel on the dk stages a bit longer in NTSC than in PAL ?

Doraki

Smash Lord
no hitlag on 1% moves is terrible, lol @ superscope hahaha

Also, JD and me are pretty sure that a few moves have more stun in NTSC than in PAL, for example, Falco's dair stuns a lot more here.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Stun" is such a loose term in smash.

And no hitlag on 1% moves is what actually made certain moves not royally suck. Zelda's smashes, for example.

Doraki

Smash Lord
stun as in "I'm spiked by falco's dair as fox at like 10%, which is not enough to be able to wall tech it, and I can't recover in NTSC though I could in PAL"

JD said he could do a lot more comboing with falco's dair thanks to that stun, too...

Metal Master

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this applies to 1.1 and 1.2, but I used to own version 1.0, and if you had a stock match with time limits, if a sudden death occurs, you keep the lives you ended with for sudden death. So, if you had a 5-man melee and no one died, sudden death would be 5-man. after someone stepped on my disk, I got version 1.2, and I found out that if you have a stock match and went into sudden death, you automatically drop to one life, even if you had more.

Sorta sucks, because I used to have 99-man sudden death with bombs flying everywhere (you don't get that in super sudden death).

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
I heard that if u have a certain version that you can see peach w/ a third eye in her yellow or daisy costume. If so, what version is it?

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Are both versions playable on a single gamecube..?

e.g. PAL & NTSC Can run in an american gamecube?

Master Fist

Smash Rookie
i have a difference, Roys fsmash can spike if timed right in PAL. And btw metal master, in PAL version, u cant even have a time limit in a stock match... or an amount of lives in a timed match, PAL really sux compared to other versions...

Master Fist

Smash Rookie
forgot about the additional rules ¬¬
btw i dunno if this has been said but,
"Fox can tech out of falco's down throw in PAL" falco can do so to foxes down throw aswell in PAL...

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
just ebay it off **ebay.co.uk**
(tho i wouldnt bother... no spikes for marth makes me cry)

btw. im surprised noone's mentioned ganons fair is major weakened in pal. its much weaker than doc's now, for a start.

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
i think the removal of sheik's chaingrab is good but no spike combos fr marth makes him a slightly more boring character, because forward smash is no your only main KO option, and err weakening ganon war a bit silly... theres not that much difference really, but i'd rather have NTSC (being a PAL marth player)

Top Bottom