• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac West online games thread

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Sup Pac West. So Ive noticed you guys play alot of the same games I do (good tastes), and instead of making new threads for each different game (SOCOM, DOTA, Etc) I was hoping we could have one thread where you can post online contact info so we can get gaemin baby. Maybe we could introduce some of the free games to other people. Im thinking if people actually post in this thread I can update the first page with the in game names of people and their IMs. Ill just put a bunch of random games and if any should be added, let me know. Everything Im adding is PC for now.

COMPETITIVE FREE GAMES
Starcraft
Starcraft is one of the best, if not THE best competitive online games, and its completely free now. If you've been living under a rock/in a vault and dont know what starcraft is, watch some vids and see if its for you. You can download the whole iccup ready game at iccup.com
VIDEO LINK: http://www.gomtv.net/classics2/
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.iccup.com/
Now you can play off iccup, but its down regularly, so I recommend downloading hamachi at https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp and playing off that. Hamachi is a kind of like a chat room, but you can play games off of it if you know what your doing. Join either the "/v/ starcraft" (dont forget the space) or the "WePlayStarcraft" channel, and ask how to get starcraft working. Hamachi channels fill up though, so we could make our own if we get enough people.

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
I consider Third Strike the only other fighting game worth playing sides smash.
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://ggpo.net/
Now you have to download the rom before you start playing, but I forgot where I got it from :(, but a google search might help you. Also game is MUCH easier with a controller, since many keyboards have problems when people press 3 buttons at the same time.
These SHOULD be the files for 3rd Strike on PC.

http://files.filefront.com/sfiii3zip/;7841507;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/sfiii3nzip/;8300589;/fileinfo.html

It's not exactly a fast DL(I'm lazying and writing a term paper now, go figure) and I already have the files, so it'd be great if someone else can check.
Yep, thats a reverse quote alright. DOWNLOAD BOTH FILES

Gunz and Gunbound
Gunz is a very technical matrix style third person shooter, where you basically try to kill the other team/each other depending on the game mode, with swords and guns. What more could you ask for? Lots of advanced techniques. Used to play this ALOT, but premium items (items you have to buy with real money) kinda ruin it for those who dont wanna pay. Still a great game. I want to play it again, but its more fun with people you know. TRY IT PLZ

Gunbound is a turn-based game where guys in very unique tanks try to blow the crap out of each other. Premium items here too, but you can just play in the free zone, where they dont matter. Good game, but new version made some stuff imbalanced :mad:

Both can be downloaded at the same site:
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.ijji.com/
There are other free games there too if you guys wanna try em.

Online Games
DOTA
Dota is a map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, that has become more popular then warcraft itself. Im trying to get better at it. You must have Frozen Throne to play obv

Valve Games
Im putting Valve Games instead of writing the name of every FPS theyve come out with. For 100 bucks you can get em all off steam! Thats like 5 bucks a game or somethin

Those are the online games Im willing to play. If anybody wants to add something (Im thinking WoW), post in game name or something and Ill add it.

Contact Info (This includes channels, smash names, and ingame names)
Starcraft
Hamachi channels /v/ starcraft and WePlayStarcraft so far
Iccup Names:
Nasty Nate: Nasty_Nate
Dino: noi2
Embracethe12: Insane-Freak/Twelve
ROFL: ROFL_nub
Shroomed: dbzftw

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Only 1 channel on GGPO, so this shouldnt be too hard
Nasty Nate
Dino
Replicate
Rudeezy

Gunz
Gunz Names:
Nasty Nate: Smokie_McPot
Dino: Lenaus and Lenaus~

Gunbound
Gunbound Names:
Nasty Nate: MysticZerg
Dino: Zypher41
Embracethe12: Tweive

DOTA
Channel Toga has some smash players
Warcraft Names:
Nasty Nate: Smokie_McPot
JTB - LocoRoco
Mike Y - DAHKETERem
Pat (Noble) - HookedonPwnics
Mang0 - Ranged_Man_go
The Great Leon - junja
DCMoney - wolf.blitzer/dcmoolah
Hydro Kage - kYou-
Azeem - CDL.Bebop
Seng - Seng/Limez
MarthPwnzer - N0vAxRyAN
Mr *****es - MrB1tch3s
Voodoo. - Not_Kamahl
Qraq - QraQers
burntsocks - Mybob
The_Loki - The_Loki
Sleepy: Veridian and Zeridian

Valve Games (if you only play specific games off valve let me know)
Steam Names:
Nasty Nate: Nasty_Nate_86 (Almost anything, cept Left 4 Dead for the moment)
Dino: Lenaus (L4D, CS:S)
Rapelicate: haplessbum (CS:S, CS:1.6)
Noble: HookedOnPwnics
Rudeezy: Rudeezy
ROFL: chet
Jake The Boy: jaketheboy (mostly cs 1.6 and gmod)
Atlus8: Atlus8
xilopryce: xilopryce
Jkun: jays0nnn (CS:1.6)
Blank: PŖǾ +.Blank

Xbox Gamertags
Sleepy: Lion Zest
Rudeezy: PointBlank7793
Shroomed: dashizftw
Nes: An8BitZombi3

Playstation Network
ROFL: ROFL_nub

AIM
Nasty Nate: Lime 827
Dino: ooSomeone41oo
Sleepy: ifc3svllrx7
Rudeezy: RudyMora123
Shroomed: ssgoku0123
Smoke2Jointz: hailikefood

So uh, yeah. Post away, or dont.

Dino~

Smash Rookie
Also, brawlsucks

PS: You know I'm down for SC and 3s anyday.

replicate

Smash Lord
wow ****ing **** idea

I play cs source and sometimes 1.6, valve name "haplessbum" and sn usually "keira knightley" (yea it ***** lol)

ssb online is fanTASTIC, I was playing ismokeherbz earlier tonight and we had 1 frame of lag with p2p

I would be willing to do a lot of 3s online, too
gotta check that out (tomorrow)

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
wow ****ing **** idea

I play cs source and sometimes 1.6, valve name "haplessbum" and sn usually "keira knightley" (yea it ***** lol)

ssb online is fanTASTIC, I was playing ismokeherbz earlier tonight and we had 1 frame of lag with p2p

I would be willing to do a lot of 3s online, too
gotta check that out (tomorrow)
Im willing to add ssb online, but I couldnt figure out how to make it work :/. Also I tried to single player it, but my controller wasnt compatible or something, so I stopped tryin. IM me and walk me through it plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

replicate

Smash Lord
kevin you should write down those URLs so if your post gets modded away you can still PM it to people LOL

nate, I am so tired, and I have so much **** to do, but 64 online is definitely worth the wait
I'll talk to you tomorrow or you can bother lovage about it hahaha

goodnight gentlemen

replicate

Smash Lord
actually I just tried downloading that 3s and the emulator and I couldn't get it to work

and now I'm REALLY GOING TO GO TO SLEEP

I'll talk to you about it tomorrow

REALLY

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
actually I just tried downloading that 3s and the emulator and I couldn't get it to work

and now I'm REALLY GOING TO GO TO SLEEP

I'll talk to you about it tomorrow

REALLY
Kevin says: make a folder named "roms" in the GGPO folder and put the files in there

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
i play dota on and off
sn: junja

good **** the nastiest.
and as for online sf3s. just google third strike online or something and its usually the first page to show up

hi noir u r kewl <3

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
copy the players list from my dota thread

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Thanks for doing this, i'm gonna lock the other threads, i dont like how a million of them have popped up. If you guys want to discuss other games just put them all in here.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
anything and everything kaillera (3s and smash64) - Rudeezy
Im not gonna add two sections for the same game and different programs, since the first page is gonna be cluttered enough. If you use GGPO and whatever program 64 is on Ill add you

rudeezy

Smash Journeyman
Im not gonna add two sections for the same game and different programs, since the first page is gonna be cluttered enough. If you use GGPO and whatever program 64 is on Ill add you
i have GGPO now, my name is Rudeezy (i'm a SF noob though)

and for 64 i have mupen64 AND project64, doesn't matter what i'm categorized under

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
steam: jaketheboy (mostly cs 1.6 and gmod)

my cs is being really gay though, i can't connect to just about most of the servers for some reason

pockyD

Smash Legend
THE HUB plays starcraft from time to time

smashbus // ****

though really, if you want to find a game, you'd have to get on the hub and ask, because no one joins random games on it

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
^Im sorry THE HUB??

oh and ROFL, is PSN what your Playstation 3 online name is?

Because Im thinking about adding Xbox and PS3 gamertags too

Sleepy

Smash Ace
xbox live ID: Lion Zest
If anyone wants to play dota, say so on aim : ifc3svllrx7

my two names for WCIII are Veridian and Zeridian.

Miharu

Smash Hero
just idle in channel toga on west; we have a bot up 24/7 (also has latency reducers among other things)

we're starting to do more GGC scrims w/ euros or so, but u can usually get a game in if you just drop by

Top Bottom