• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac NORTHWEST: WA - OR - BC - ID [social]

sTeaLthrcn

Smash Rookie
I am wanting to get better but suffer from lag when I play online with others. My internet is great but I run into latency often. I am hoping to train and practice with some people that live closer to reduce that problem. I really want to get a lot better at this game and want good players to practice with. I can play most evenings and a lot on weekends. Add me on Wii U with a message that you are adding me for training! My Nintendo Network ID is sTeaLthrcn. Thanks!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I heard that instead of the usual monthly GameClucks that NWM7 is happening on the 24th.

D

Deleted member

I heard that instead of the usual monthly GameClucks that NWM7 is happening on the 24th.
The monthly gameclucks is just a different date. Melee/PM this saturday, Sm4sh on sunday.

Hope to see you all there on sunday! I work til 2:30 so hopefully I'll make it in time to enter the 1v1 bracket at 3! 2v2 bracket starts at 1. If I don't make it on time I'll still stick around to cheer on whoever. Also, will be at GC the next day for the smash weekly. Hope to see everyone there!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The monthly gameclucks is just a different date. Melee/PM this saturday, Sm4sh on sunday.
I didn't know that... not sure I can make a trip up there tomorrow on such short notice. :\

D

Deleted member

Good to see everyone at the GC monthly last night (and Red Robin after), had a lot of fun playing friendlies with everyone after we got knocked out.

It's official, we are starting a small bi-weekly smash fest, starting on the week of NWM for extra practice beforehand. Still deciding between next tuesday or wednesday, but it will be an every other week thing, alternating between my house and possibly X-Factor's place down south. If you want in, send me a PM and I can give you the details. Right now we've got a crew of at least six that have been showing up at GC and/or EPG that are down to do this, so don't be shy.

Also, everyone, don't forget about the EPG weekly Sm4sh/PM tournament on Thursday!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Didn't realize there was a Gameclucks event this month with PNWM happening in a couple weeks.
Missed it, oh well... wanted to keep my top 3 placing going, but I guess it wouldn't have mattered since they used a non-standard rules format with customs (was it because EWA attended and asked for it on?)

Was thinking about making a thread for everyone to discuss a SSB4 PNW Power Ranking.
Right now I see it like
Felix/Cacogen
t0mmy/Bladewise
Grimlock/Chibodee
Aeveen/Xeak

And a couple others coming up.

XL_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-5463-6168
I'm from the Auburn area but I'll definitely be participating more and more in the GameClucks Smash meetups/tourneys, had a lot of fun last Sunday with all the Smash 4 players during and after the tournament, I've picked up a wealth of experience for my play too.

D

Deleted member

ON SNAP, PATCHES!
Don't want to work today. Just want to go home and lab. REALLY glad they didn't do hardly anything to Pika. And the Diddy Uair nerf... Sorry X.

PLU is having a sm4sh singles tournament tonight, just so everyone knows. Celestial told us about it, he'll be going (I think), I won't be there.

D

Deleted member

Epg was extremely hype last night! Big shoutout to Locke and his Megaman, he reset the bracket and beat 62Bit Bladewise in Grand Finals! Also, shout out to Celestial for his first round victory over me, that was a fun set, and to everyone else I got friendlies in with too! Hopefully we can get more people out there in two weeks.

In other news, I finally have confirmation on a date and time for our first bi-weekly Smashfest, hosted at my house in the south Everett/Lynnwood/Mill Creek area. We're gonna do it on wednesdays, with the first one being next week, April 22nd. Gotta get in that NWM practice! People are welcome to come over as early as 4:30 PM, and we'll be smashing until I kick you out sometime around 10:30 PM (go to work the next day, 5 AM comes early.)

Right now, we have at least seven of us that will be there, some will be there later than others, so there will be plenty of people to practice with. If anyone has any clean folding chairs, let me know, I have plenty of seating options in the living room but the back room is gonna need some more help. If not, we can adjust. If anyone wants to come, PM me, I'll give you my address and any other details you need. We will have two set ups initially and more coming as the fest goes on, so if you could bring a set up just in case that would be great. As we go further along with this, more details will get ironed out as far as what I need to get and who can help with what. We wanna make this thing as awesome as possible! Also, Celestial promised me he was gonna get Brawl Minus ready to play around with, that should be hilarious.

TL;DR EPG kicked butt, Bi-Weekly Smashfest starts April 22nd in Everett/Lynnwood, 4:30-10:30, PM me for details.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
I tried going to Epg, but I think i ended up going to the wrong place. Anywho, I think No-Handle (Aaron) is setting up a small smash fest at his place today starting at 1 and going on till whenever. Give him or me a ring/PM if your interested.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tried going to Epg, but I think i ended up going to the wrong place. Anywho, I think No-Handle (Aaron) is setting up a small smash fest at his place today starting at 1 and going on till whenever. Give him or me a ring/PM if your interested.
Got plans all weekend, but I'll see you on monday at GC?

XL_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-5463-6168
Would anyone be interested in some kind of biweekly meetup/gathering on Sundays at a pizza parlor? I'm in talks with the GM and it sounds like it would be feasible to take over one of the banquet rooms and turn it into a Smash room for a day.

It's in Auburn however, not sure how close that is to everyone.

AnDrOiiD

Smash Rookie
Would anyone be interested in some kind of biweekly meetup/gathering on Sundays at a pizza parlor? I'm in talks with the GM and it sounds like it would be feasible to take over one of the banquet rooms and turn it into a Smash room for a day.

It's in Auburn however, not sure how close that is to everyone.
I live in Auburn. We should smash then

T0MMY

Smash Master
Locke? I've been playing Final Fantasy VI recently, I need to find Locke in that game - he's off trying to find the greatest treasure or something. Also winning those Smash tourneys too, so boss.

D

Deleted member

Last night was our first Bi-Weekly Smashfest at "Dewey's Playhouse" (dubbed as such by X-Factor, friggen' brilliant.) X-Factor took both brackets, barely edging Locke with the brackets being reset both times, but overall we just had an awesome time playing some Smash, labbing stuff, and hanging out! Ten people total showed up, we had four set ups going, and room in the back bedroom for maybe another six to eight people for future fests. The recent balance patch also made for a great variety of characters being played.

If you're interested in the brackets and who was there, here's the links:
http://challonge.com/DeweysPlayhouse1
http://challonge.com/DeweysPlayhouse1point1

If you wanna be a part of this, message me, we'd love to have you. Next bi-weekly might be down south, depending on if someone wants to host down here, or if the southern division doesn't mind coming up north again, that's all TBD. Maybe eventually we can capture some matches or stream, but that's far off I think.

Again, thanks to everyone who showed up! I had a lot of fun.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Big thanks to Dewey for being the best host ever and opening up his home and staying up wayyy too late with the people who were left.

D

Deleted member

Big thanks to Dewey for being the best host ever and opening up his home and staying up wayyy too late with the people who were left.
I may or may not have went into work two hours late today....

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Not that I know of. I'll either be at the M's game or taking care of all the stuff I won't be doing on Saturday because NWM.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Im down to play, if we got a place thats hosting.

Also for those who attend Dewey's Playhouse, was wondering if you guys wanted to pitch in for recording device, and donate it to Dewey?

Seeing as he's our host with the most i think it would be fair to have him possess it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not that I know of. I'll either be at the M's game or taking care of all the stuff I won't be doing on Saturday because NWM.
Put off the stuff 'til sunday, sit in the kings court tonight, whoop up in NWM tomorrow. You should consult me with your life decisions from now on.
I'll be up in Washington tomorrow. Any awesomely fun Smashing going on?
I might be down for some smash later at my house, so if you happened to see this and PM'd me your info I could let you know... not sure where in Washington you'll be but I'm in everett.
Im down to play, if we got a place thats hosting.

Also for those who attend Dewey's Playhouse, was wondering if you guys wanted to pitch in for recording device, and donate it to Dewey?

Seeing as he's our host with the most i think it would be fair to have him possess it.
Aw, shucks, you don't gotta do that...If anyone wants to play tonight to warm up for tomorrow contact me. Wife is going to her parent's house for the night, I'm not because reasons, so I'll have the place to myself after... 6, 6:30ish?

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Thats awesome Dewey! I'll check in with the others and see if they are down for some practice. I may or may not be able to (most likely will) just gotta see what the misses wants to do.

Also, for those of you attending NWM, I live close by to the venue. We can use my place as a waypoint, if for some reason we need to group up or plan something out.

I also encourage people to rally players in their general areas and carpool, because going with a crew is awesome as... Duck Hunt Doge.

T0MMY

Smash Master
It was great meeting all of you at NWM, wasn't going to show up today because no more SSB4 events for today, but might have to meet my ride back home there, so I'll be back there after lunch. Maybe I can get some more games in :^)

D

Deleted member

It was great meeting all of you at NWM, wasn't going to show up today because no more SSB4 events for today, but might have to meet my ride back home there, so I'll be back there after lunch. Maybe I can get some more games in :^)
Good to play some friendlies with you T0MMY, your Mii Brawler and Pika were as fun to play against as any friendly I've ever had. I'll be in touch about the June 20th tourny down there, maybe we can tie in!

It was awesome to meet a ton of new people from all over the NW and canada! NWM was awesome, special thanks to everyone who brought set-ups and volunteered to help keep it from being a total disaster for the sm4sh bracket, which it almost was. Good to see all of us step up. I'll see you all at EPG on thursday.

Celestial

Smash Cadet
NNID
TangerineCrayon
Thank you everyone for attending NWM, it was a load of fun despite any hangups with the bracket. Special thanks to T0MMY for traveling all the way up here to teach us a thing or two, as well as the fine people from Canada, EaWA, and everywhere else.
Shoutouts to Dr.Robotnik, Locke 06, Grimlock, GimpyFish62, and everyone else that pitched in to help the bracket moving along smoothly.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'm having a meh day at work (which is why I'm on smashboards)

So I'm totally down for going. Was just about to ask. But I won't be there until after 6 most likely (and I will want to go out for dinner at some point)

D

Deleted member

so for some reason, I'm seeing epg as being both this week and next week for sm4sh, can anyone confirm this? If so I'd probably alter when we did our biweekly.

Celestial

Smash Cadet
NNID
TangerineCrayon
Sm4sh and PM is being held at EPG on the 30th and the 7th. Their reasoning is that Sm4sh is always held on the first Thursday of the month and this Thursday is the 5th... seems a little silly to me but whatever more sm4sh is always welcome.
Edit: On second thought it makes a fair amount of sense. I think that melee is held at afk on the second Thursday of every month.

Last edited:

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Anyone going to the PLU (Pacific Lutheran University ) smash 4 tourney? All the information you need is in the FB link, I just copied pasta the post from the "Washinton Smash 4 Group"

It's a bit of a drive for you northern folks...

"Hey Smash 4 Kids,

If you're looking for Smash 4 tourney events, tomorrow (4/29) at 7pm the PLU Smash Club will be hosting Sm4sh Doubles.

Join the group for more details on this and other PLU Smash Club events.
www.facebook.com/groups/PLUsmash "

Top Bottom