• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac NORTHWEST: WA - OR - BC - ID [social]

T0MMY

Smash Master

Pacific Northwest includes:
Washington - Oregon - British Columbia* - Idaho
*(B.C. does play in WA/OR & we consider them "PNW" but they have their own SWF page on the Canada Boards)
_______________________________________________________________________________________​

PNW Smash - Facebook

Pacific Northwest Sm4sh - Facebook

Washington

Seattle

GameClucks Website
GameClucks Facebook

Kitsap County
Kitsap Smash Facebook Group
Kitsap Twitch Channel
Kitsap Twitter

more links to come

Oregon

SWF Thread: Oregon Smash Community

Salem
Salem Smashfest (SWF event page)​

Idaho
links to be posted

INFO
Interested in finding fellow Smashers in your area? Want a home thread to check on to see when tournaments are happening? Want to follow the Northwest scene?

Well, look no further, here is the home base for the Pacific Northwest Smash scene.

Socialize, network, promote events, discuss strategies, give your fellow competitors shoutouts after a tournament, and organize carpools/housing for events here.

Whatever you need to do, this is your place - just be respectful!

Last edited:

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
Depending on when the next Road to Glory is, I might need a ride, or at least transportation for my (CHAMPION!!!) Pikachu amiibo without me.

I live in Orting, WA.

It's most likely still a few months away. I just wanted to get the word out before it was too late.

#KingSparky

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Count me in. I live in Rainier, WA and I desperately want to find people to play Smash 4 with. Even if it's just online on the 3DS version (the one I personally have as I don't own a Wii U).

Seriously, folks. Hit me up via private message or on Steam (Ryusuta) if you want to play a bit of Smash! I don't bite. =)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Depending on when the next Road to Glory is, I might need a ride, or at least transportation for my (CHAMPION!!!) Pikachu amiibo without me.

#KingSparky
Not sure when the next RtG will be since Pixel Battles isn't offering their venue for next RtG - the owner didn't feel like he made enough money. Not sure I even want to quote what he asked for to confirm for next time (*cough800cough*)

Can we arrange for Waveshine to be transported as well? I absolutely must see how Zayd's Amiibo stacks up to these champions!

AnDrOiiD

Smash Rookie
Any smashers near Auburn WA that want to play some friendlies in PM? Sadly I don't have smash 4.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I want to give shoutouts to all the smashers who showed up at GameClucks last weekend. <3 to Beardbot, Sideslick, Xeak, Robin, & Gimpy. Congrats to Cacogen for taking 1st, Felix for 2nd, and t0mmy for making Top 3. Shoutouts to Tom & Nik, nice to meet you guys. GGs to everyone I got to play!

Also, yay for Mii no longer being restricted at GameClucks!
I'm going to try making it up for the next GC... and who knows, maybe I'll break out some Gunner and Swordfighter! :D

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Maybe some of the Mii players will come back around now that the ban has been dissolved. The ironic thing is most of us have moved on to play other characters and are more Mii secondaries at this point, lol.
All of Oregon has Mii legal now, I think. So kind of looking at EWA and BC to see what they'll do.

Any smashers near Auburn WA that want to play some friendlies in PM? Sadly I don't have smash 4.
I've seen a good number of people from Kent/Tacoma area asking about Smash, I think that's Auburn's area.
What would help is if we found a TO whom the players could get in contact with. He could post a link to more information here and I could put it on the 1st post to help. Kind of the same thing with most areas.

Beardbot

Smash Cadet
NNID
BeardbotOreo
3DS FC
3351-4066-5194
I've seen a good number of people from Kent/Tacoma area asking about Smash, I think that's Auburn's area.
What would help is if we found a TO whom the players could get in contact with. He could post a link to more information here and I could put it on the 1st post to help. Kind of the same thing with most areas.
Theres a guy named jeremy goodloe i met on fb who lives in lakewood. He plans to hold weekly smash events fri-sun out of his apartment. Might be a good option.

Slaine

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if there is a smash 4 scene in the yakima or tri-cities area? (WA)

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
I want to give shoutouts to all the smashers who showed up at GameClucks last weekend. <3 to Beardbot, Sideslick, Xeak, Robin, & Gimpy. Congrats to Cacogen for taking 1st, Felix for 2nd, and t0mmy for making Top 3. Shoutouts to Tom & Nik, nice to meet you guys. GGs to everyone I got to play!

Also, yay for Mii no longer being restricted at GameClucks!
I'm going to try making it up for the next GC... and who knows, maybe I'll break out some Gunner and Swordfighter! :D
Where is this GameClucks tournament? Will there be others?
Is Melee among them?

Last edited:

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
It seems like everyone here lives so far away. Does anyone here live close to Silverdale or the Kitsap area?

Looking for somebody to play smash 4 with

T0MMY

Smash Master
This is just the start of the Pac NW network, it will take a little time to find out where everyone is and start things off. But the good news is it'll be fun doing this.

Whenever you hear any information about someone doing any kind of work in the region just post the info here and I'll link to it - so I'm talking about tournaments, smashfests, threads, groups, streams, channels, podcasts, or even if it's just random smash-related hobbies or anything really.
Whatever it is, just let everyone else know about it and we'll all help promote it.

Next up is just getting involved; doing what we can to support our area. This generally means finding a person who hosts tournaments and helping however you can or being that person who does the work to host tournaments if needed (don't worry, we'll help). Here's a guide that helps with starting a Smash Scene.

And, of course, the best part is just keeping the different areas updated/involved in what we're up to in our neck of the woods and hearing back from our fellow Smashers how things are going.

Last edited:

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
I'm down in Tukwila if anyone wants to get some matches in. I unfortunately don't own a setup, but if your willing to bring your setup then I'd be happy to accommodate with a place to smash for a bit. I can also just go to your place, hahah.

Slaine

Smash Rookie
If there is, please let me know, too! I really want to find one.
I found a place called tri-cities fgc+ on facebook, it's usually every friday at someones apt, I completely forgot they said there was smash to. https://m.facebook.com/groups/235522036567873?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity&actorid=530907600

Also sunken treasure games(tri-cities) used to have 3ds tournaments and I went to a tri-cities LAN event that had smash4 set ups https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=575510319189739

Last edited:

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
Where is this GameClucks tournament? Will there be others?
Is Melee among them?
Gameclucks is located in Lynnwood, WA, near the Alderwood Mall.

Gameclucks' Melee-tournament is almost always on the first Saturday of the month, the "almost" accounting for holidays that might interfere, or other potential factors.

You just missed the last one. Now you have to wait a month, but it will be worth it.

Right now there are some scheduling experiments going on, due to limited venue-space and an influx of new players with Wii U having hit the scene. Smash Wii U currently has its own day on Sundays, but that might change later.

It's very crowded, but very fun.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I found a place called tri-cities fgc+ on facebook, it's usually every friday at someones apt, I completely forgot they said there was smash to. https://m.facebook.com/groups/235522036567873?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity&actorid=530907600

Also sunken treasure games(tri-cities) used to have 3ds tournaments and I went to a tri-cities LAN event that had smash4 set ups https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=575510319189739
I'll definitely look it over! Thanks!

Last edited:

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet

Gameclucks' Melee-tournament is almost always on the first Saturday of the month, the "almost" accounting for holidays that might interfere, or other potential factors.

You just missed the last one. Now you have to wait a month, but it will be worth it.

Right now there are some scheduling experiments going on, due to limited venue-space and an influx of new players with Wii U having hit the scene. Smash Wii U currently has its own day on Sundays, but that might change later.

Thanks. I'll be there next time

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
For consideration: if we make a tourney for coastal (western) NW , we should call it "The Salt of the Sea," and if there's an inland (eastern) NW tournament, we should call it "The Salt of the Earth." Eh?

[EDIT]: Apparently, they're the titles of films. I've never seen either of them.

Last edited:

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet

One more question: Do I have to register?

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
So where's everyone located? Those who post in here, and are in/near/around the Seattle area should try a get together and met up for a smash (4) fest, when we determine how far everyone is from each other.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
So where's everyone located? Those who post in here, and are in/near/around the Seattle area should try a get together and met up for a smash (4) fest, when we determine how far everyone is from each other.
I live in Silverdale

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, just joined on Smash Boards. I'm in the Everett area. I will be coming to Gameclucks regularly for Smash 4. Most people play project M and Melee there, but I'm hoping to get a group together to play Smash 4 regularly @ Monday Smash Friendlies.

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
I'm liking this idea. I live on the north shore of Lake WA., near Bothell.

Last edited:

JNET

Smash Cadet
NNID
Traeks
Hello all, I'm an Olympia/Lacey person here. Not many of us out there apparently. I believe someone was trying to start up a Melee/PM Friday weekly though. I downloaded the SmashFinder app and noticed a lot of people North of me. If anyone is in the Lakewood/Tacoma area interested in playing let me know.

Also have my own house/setup if people want to Melee friendlies sometime. I also play Smash 4, check NNID if you want to add me and play locally without lag. Ha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd be able to host eventually sometime in the future, but not anytime in the next month or so, too much going on at the house.

StokeTheForge

Smash Cadet
Let's all focus on gathering numbers. I have several people who live right next to me that don't have SmashBoards accounts that would be interested in a tournament. That being said, I think that it's a good idea to discuss hosting - Whoever ends up hosting a possible Smash 4/PM/Melee/64 tourney should be centrally located, because it seems as though we're all spread pretty far here.
So far, on the north side of the lake, we have:

BeardBot
Dewey519
StokeTheForge (and others)

and on the south:

X-FACTOR
JNET
Sideslick
AnDrOiiD

and, off on the side,
Zodiacx10.

As it is obvious to see, It will be difficult to centralize a location - Such a place would be in the middle of Lake Washington.
Please note that I have listed the smashers here only by their locations on their profile, or as otherwise stated in a post. If I have not posted your name, it is because your profile says "I'm from [INSERT PLACE THAT IS NOT IN WESTERN WA.]," or you have not told us where you're at.
Contact me with your general area and I'll put you on the list.

Anyone have any streaming setups?

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
I've done alot of traveling for smash in general, so I personally don't mind the drive if it comes down to it. I normally go up to clucks, so its nothing new to me.

although I understand if we want to try and get a centralized area that equal in commute for everyone.

Is there anyone here that doesn't have a car, or a reliable mode of transportation? For those in your respected area, please try and setup some sort of carpool structure to help our scene out.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Stoke it looks like you have more people on the north side, if we can't manage a centralized area, I'm ok with someone up north Hosting.

Until Dewey gets things settled, we can try another host for the time being.

Last edited:
Top Bottom